It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been using opiates and methadone ever since high school but never really got addicted until a horrible car accident 3 years ago. I've been on numerous different opiates since then and finally been on percocet 10mg 6/day for the last year almost. Some days I go well over my prescribed 6 a day and it will turn into 15-17. I want to get off of them but I'm afraid because of the pain I'll be in and because of withdrawal. I'm curious if suboxone will help with the pain as well. I'm just so tired of relying on my meds just to get trough the day and night. Also, I used to be prescribed to much heavier stuff but I decided it would be better to be in a little pain than nodding out all of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:23 am 

Hello AAR27, Welcome! I find that suboxone helps with both pain and depression. I became addicted to tramadol that I was prescribed for osteoarthritis in my knees. I was also experiencing depression as a result of menopause. I have been very happy with my decision to start suboxone! I started at 24mgs and have tapered down to 4mgs per day. I take 2mgs in the am and 2mgs in the pm. If you will be using the suboxone to treat the pain, taking smaller dosages two or three times a day is what works best. I believe the anelgesic effect of suboxone works for about 4 hours. I am sure others will be along soon to give you more feedback. Good luck! Please keep posting so that we can know how you are doing. Have a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:31 am 

Also, I deleted your other post as it contained exactly the same info and looked like that might have been a mistake. Again, have a great day and please, keep posting!