It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I wanna eat everything!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

When I take my medication I feel like I could eat a whole cow... I dont know if this is normal reaction from the medication or I just wanna get that bitter orange taste out of my mouth! lol My dad also takes Sub and when I am with him we usually both dose together and then I'm like "lets go eat!"... Hes always saying, "thats all you ever wanna do is eat!".. The thing is that I'm not over weight and I normally eat pretty light... But for some reason when I take Sub I obsess over food. Last night I watched the food network for 3 hours straight. And I when I'm at the gym I turn on the Food network while jogging and run to the grocery store after and buy lots of food.. Either I need to take a profession in culinary arts or Idono what!? haha Anyone else have this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I remember when I first started sub that my taste changed, for weeks I ate KFC lunch and dinner. I almost never ate at KFC prior to this. It started the very first day on subs, I had an extremely strong desire for fried chicken?? This went on for about a month or so then subsided. As far as appetite goes, I think it stayed pretty much the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:12 pm 
I feel that Sub really increases my appetite, and I've gained weigh since I've been on it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know about suboxone causing increased hunger in general, but I've heard that all opiates cause an increase in cravings for sweets.

Maybe after being in active addiction - when we barely take care of ourselves and probably didn't eat right - your body is just trying to get back to a healthy state. Our bodies sometimes crave the very foods that we need (at least some people believe that).

Some people have stated that suboxone causes weight gain, but there seems to be just as many people who take it and say it causes them weight loss. Just goes to show you that we're all different.

I say give yourself time to get stabilized and with any luck your appetite will stabilize as well.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
I don't know about suboxone causing increased hunger in general, but I've heard that all opiates cause an increase in cravings for sweets.

Maybe after being in active addiction - when we barely take care of ourselves and probably didn't eat right - your body is just trying to get back to a healthy state. Our bodies sometimes crave the very foods that we need (at least some people believe that).

Some people have stated that suboxone causes weight gain, but there seems to be just as many people who take it and say it causes them weight loss. Just goes to show you that we're all different.

I say give yourself time to get stabilized and with any luck your appetite will stabilize as well.

Yeah its nothing to make me wanna stop taking sub. I just think its kinda funny. And yeah I can see how I crave more sweets when I take any kind of opiate. Actually the thing I love the most about Sub is that I can take it and still have a lot of energy to do things like work out at the gym. Back when I used to be on Methadone that was NEVER in the equation. I was lucky to make it to the store that day and do my shopping. Come to think of it my appetite was increased from that also..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've put on 20lbs since getting on suboxone two years ago. When I was using I didn't care about eating as much, but now with suboxone, I eat a lot more, and not always the right stuff.