It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: wake up call
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey all, just want to say I had a wake up call today. Found out a friend I worked with was found dead yeaterday of a overdose.I never knew he was useing.but I had talked to him about my experance with painkillers & subs and that it saved me.wish he would have talked to me about it.he was 21.so it made me think of the times that I was pissed of that I was on subs & need them to get by.not realizing that they might have just saved my life.my point is iam sure we all get pissed that we need subs to get by.but just don't forget where we could have ended up and b glad that it just might have saved our lives.I know I forgot that.thanks to all.& still clean 1 month now.ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am SO sorry for you loss! You're right, taking Sub's long term may not have been in our original plans, but it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

My condolences to you. Use the forum to talk about it if you need to - we're here for you.

Melissa

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had missed this post and would like to express my condolences as well. I would also like to thank you for posting this because I agree we need the reminder of the dangers off suboxone. We lose people to drug addiction constantly and it is very sad to think that these days, with suboxone, many of these deaths are preventable.

Cherie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: A Sorry & A Congrats....
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:26 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi ratt396,
I am also very sorry for your Loss. It sucks to lose someone to this disease no matter the age But, 21 Y.O. OMG his poor family!!
ratt don't let his death be in vain. Like you said us it as a wake up call. WE are all one Drug &/or Alcohol fueled Bender away from being in the same place as your friend.... Most of us out here are trying to LIVE with this disease and keep it in Remission... It's NOT EASY as evident by the Loss of your friend.... My prayers are with you and his Family!

On another note--- CONGRATS on getting a :D month of Clean Living :D as you know its hard work and you should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your success!!!
Take care,

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi ratt396 -

I am also very sorry for your loss. I can only echo what TW and others have said and tell you that we are all proud of you for your path.

The old saying... "But for the grace of God .... Go I"... man it really hits home with a post like yours.

Blessings.

LD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks to all! Just wanted to give everyone a reminder that subs hav and can save lives even though we can get pissed the were still on them.I KNOW I FORGOT THAT.& i am thankful to hav made it thru! Still clean & plan on staying that way.I feel fine now been a month.thanks all,ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ratt,

I am very sorry that happened! My thoughts are with you today. I bet it had a profound effect on you. I have lost many friends over the years, and it was always a reminder to me: of my past, of my possible future.

Posting your experience may save someone's life today. You never know. The first time I read your taper posts, so much anxiety about my own taper was relieved. Because of your posts, I quit worrying that I would have a hard time stopping Sub. So I am one person that you've helped already.

One month clean from EVERYTHING is still an emotionally vulnerable time, if I remember correctly. I am glad to hear you are still clean, and doing well I assume. We are all here for you if you need to talk about anything. For the sake of everyone in your life who loves and cares about you, remember your friend's experience, and stay clean.

AM