It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My biggest issue with sub is "when" to take it... I know its ideal to wait 24 plus hours however, last try at about 13 hours I had such stomach pain and anxiety ( without the sweating , well sever sweating) that waiting basically another day to take a sub proved to be impossible...

So if I score about a 20 on the scale even if under 24 hours is it wise to take the sub, hate to make situation worse.

Also my main issue with withdraw is the painful stomach issue the cramping and vomiting is what is making me fail .

Any help would be amazing... Thank you SO much ( New to the forum so if I went against anything let me know , not my idea to ruffle feathers just need some help)

Augie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So if I score about a 20 on the scale even if under 24 hours is it wise to take the sub, hate to make situation worse.

This is why we generally do inductions in the office, where we can get the history and assess the COWS. If you are only on short acting full agonists then you can go by the cows. I have successfully induced people 12 hours after their last heroin injection. If you have methadone or extended release opiates on board that makes it dicey and you would need to wait longer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:41 pm 

I agree with docm2, it's so much better doing the induction in the doctors office. It eliminates all the questions and guessing. In my area, it's unheard of doing an induction on ur own, I'd never heard of that until I read stories on this forum. If I'd been able to do it on my own, I'd have taken it way too early because I'm a absolute baby with withdrawal.

Augie, unfortunately all or most of us that get on subs in the very beginning, have to go through this very uncomfortable part of the process. It's pretty much unavoidable but in order for it to work, u have to do it. I know ur probably pretty sick, that's a given, of course u are. But u need to just wait it out to at least 20-24 hrs. (That's just a random guess at the earliest I'd try it if I were u) I had to wait around 32 hrs coming off oxycodone. By the time I was inducted, I was in misery. U might be able to actually take it sooner than 24 hrs and be ok, but u would be putting urself at risk of precipitated withdrawal and trust me, u definitely do not want that to happen. I feel for u because I remember the hell it is waiting this out. Just try to wait as long as u possibly can. Maybe someone else can also come along and give u some more helpful advice. Just try and remember that this will all be over with soon, and if u do it correctly, you'll feel better almost immediately....or close to that. Good luck!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:01 pm 

I was really surprised to be handed a script and told to wait 24 hours and start with 8 mgs 3 times per day. After 24 hours I felt bad but not so bad so I waited 6 more hours. I still did not feel at my worst but texted my Dr. Who said to go ahead and start the suboxone. I did and felt relief within one hour! I was so thrilled that it was that easy for me!