It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow.. I spaced out on the 2nd time with the pharmacists..

The first time I started Suboxone, I saw a doctor in Illinois (I'm in Wisconsin) about 45 miles away from me. Yeah, I should have seen the doc back then but for some reason I didn't, I think his lead time was far out or he was full..

Anyway, I took 2mg for my induction, and she gave me a script for 3 2mg tablets for the next day, and said 'get this filled tomorrow'. She made a dumb doctor mistake and post-dated the script one day but I didn't realize it at the time.

That evening, I had to pick up something at the pharmacy, so I dropped off the script and said "fill this for me tomorrow" and left.

I retuned the next day and the pharmacist said "The doctor post dated it yesterday for today.. That is illegal.. We cannot fill this script". UGH! I had to drive 45 miles to the doctor and she said "What the hell kind of pharmacy do you have in Wisconsin??!! and she gave me another script, and wrote on it 'Cancel last prescription... " so I couldn't take it to another pharmacy. I drove the 45 miles back and dropped it off, and they told me "We cannot fill this one either, the dosing is different from the last one!". I lost my nerve and said "I've come to the hospital pharmacy for a year, and you've filled my oxycodone for months, and you're bitching about 3 pills! CALL THE F&*#$ING DOCTOR RIGHT NOW!". They called her and got it all settled, and they gave me my 3 whopping 2mg suboxone pills. What a pain THAT was!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Holy fucking shit, i'm so glad i live in california! We're all about druggies out here mannnnn hippiesss yeahhhhhhh. Seriously i've never received any stigma for sub out here, not even from 12 steppers i openly tell about it, never.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Down here in the dirty south there is definitely a very negative stigma about Suboxone. Most of the big pharmacy chains do not carry it as well as the small mom and pops. CVS and one privately owned pharmacy right near my doctor are the only ones that carry it. I don't know why but I get the sense the people making the decisions on whether or not to carry it would have voted for John McCain and may be deacons at there local evangelical church. I hope know body takes that as a blanket statement towards all white Republican evangelicals. I'm not making one. There are those that take it to the extreme in every group of people that's why we have stereo types. I'm really talking about one pharmacy in general. The one in my community that it is owned by a friend of the family. They don't want "our kind" in there pharmacy/gift shop. Like we should just find Jesus and then we wouldn't need this stuff. I'm not quite sure why the major chains don't carry it, but I know its up to the individual owner and I imagine its the same kind of prejudices that are the reason its so sparsely carried down here.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:57 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey Nola….I am so sorry you had such trouble locating a pharmacy that carries sub. I live in Houston (also in the “dirty south”), and have no problem finding the medication. I go to Walgreens, and they have always had it in stock. My sub doctor did mention that some of his patients that live in the ‘burbs have more trouble finding pharmacies that carry sub, so he tells them to fill the script on their way home (he is close to downtown)…..because drug addiction is an inner city problem that doesn’t dare invade the pristine suburbs. (please note the sarcasm I am trying to convey) :roll: Anyway, not sure what part of the city you are in, but, you may want to try other locations of the major chain stores and see if you have any luck.

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, I guess that's what it is. I'm a in the wrong part of town to be an addict. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

WhoDatNOLA wrote:
Yeah, I guess that's what it is. I'm a in the wrong part of town to be an addict. :wink:

Hey NOLA from your user name it appears that you live in the New Orleans area. I too live in the New Orleans area and have no problems finding pharmacies that carry subs. Walgreens, walmart, cvs, sams and many others have them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

what pharmacies carry the new subutex, the small ones with 8 on it. Midlothian i think i spelled it wrong.