It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I current just got out of rehab about 3 weeks ago and have been taking subs for the 3 week period i was in and the 3 week period ive been out. I relapsed smoking pot yesterday taking 4 hits of pot and really nervious about making my apt for thursday to get my next 2 weeks subs. Now wen i go to the doctor im required the usual urine drop to see whats in my system. Im afraid shell find i indeed due have marijuana in my system and she will kick me off my subs... I was wondering if i came clean with her of that i smoked pot will she still kick me off the subs. I really do want to stay opiate free and thats what i have been doing. i just slipped up with smoking pot. what do i do? should i prolong to apointment til next monday for imsure i would be cleaned of all the thc in my body (im 6'1 and weight 143 pounds... yes very skinny... from drug use) come clean with my doctor or what. please help me!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

RecoversWithSubs92 wrote:
I current just got out of rehab about 3 weeks ago and have been taking subs for the 3 week period i was in and the 3 week period ive been out. I relapsed smoking pot yesterday taking 4 hits of pot and really nervious about making my apt for thursday to get my next 2 weeks subs. Now wen i go to the doctor im required the usual urine drop to see whats in my system. Im afraid shell find i indeed due have marijuana in my system and she will kick me off my subs... I was wondering if i came clean with her of that i smoked pot will she still kick me off the subs. I really do want to stay opiate free and thats what i have been doing. i just slipped up with smoking pot. what do i do? should i prolong to apointment til next monday for imsure i would be cleaned of all the thc in my body (im 6'1 and weight 143 pounds... yes very skinny... from drug use) come clean with my doctor or what. please help me!
Also i forgot to add i live in Illinois if that makes any differnce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well every doctor is different. I'd say "come clean" sugar. I mean Doctor gonna find out either way. If you are really only trying to be opiate free and you have a doctor that does not believe that Pot is a "gateway drug" then it should be ok. Did you sign anything saying you would refrain from smoking weed? My doc. never ever tested me for anything not even opiates. However, I live in Ca. and weed is practically legal. I do not know about where you live. Honesty is the best policy. I mean you are in treatment for addiction. Obvioulsy you are not going to be a saint. lol... good luck & best wishes.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes i did sign a form going into treatment for my suboxone treatment and it did say i had to stay free of all illegal drugs including marijuana..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

maybe call the clinic, and 'anonymously' ask what happens if someone on the suboxone program tests positive for weed? Just say your curious, give a fake name if you have to.
then, maybe you'll know...

cuz Id find out first if they will in fact kick you out, for a 'first time offense'

My doctor uses the 'three strikes' rule. but he already gave me a 'strike' once for not having ALL my meds with me. I only carry the days worth at a time, just because. and the clinic had me come in early, cuz he was taking vacation.

ANYWAYS, just a thought.

maybe itd be a way to find out, without coming clean just yet

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In my opinion you should come clean first thing when you see him/her. This is very early in your treatment and you don't want to start out on the wrong foot. You want to form a good, trusting relationship with your doctor. Tell him/her what happened and be humble about it (at least that's what I would do). Explain what happened and maybe (with any luck) your doctor will help you work through what happened and maybe figure out what triggered you. That's what an addiction-treatment provider SHOULD do for you. They shouldn't drop you at the first signs of difficulty. That doesn't help you in your recovery.

Good luck and please do let us know how it goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

sweet16 wrote:
Well every doctor is different. I'd say "come clean" sugar. I mean Doctor gonna find out either way. If you are really only trying to be opiate free and you have a doctor that does not believe that Pot is a "gateway drug" then it should be ok. Did you sign anything saying you would refrain from smoking weed? My doc. never ever tested me for anything not even opiates. However, I live in Ca. and weed is practically legal. I do not know about where you live. Honesty is the best policy. I mean you are in treatment for addiction. Obvioulsy you are not going to be a saint. lol... good luck & best wishes.

x2 my doc said he doesn't care if i smoke weed... pretty dope really..