It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Vision for the future?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I've been clean for a few months now and I am extremely motivated to do the right thing and become the responsible man I want to be. I feel I have been reborn and am slowly becoming a part of society for the first time in years. Mind the cliche, but I feel like the sky is truly the limit. I am working hard each day to achieve my goals and find it much easier to do so with drugs out of my life. I am excited about what is to come and am very hopeful that I can achieve what I want in this life. What is everyone else doing now that subs are "in the rear view?" Have you all made major changes in your life in terms of pursuing new goals(career, family, etc.), or are you doing more of the same things just without drugs in the way? Do you also feel hopeful and motivated to get more out of life now that you are free?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on a few months sans medication! Glad to see this positive post!

I just past 15 months...? I think. I am feeling the best I have in a long time but that could be due to the big changes I've made recently. I am pregnant and moving into my first home. I officially have my big girl panties on.. I've growed up.. lol. Seriously though, starting a family was my biggest motivation for discontinuing my suboxone maintenance, and I'm finally doing it. It's all I've ever wanted and I couldn't be more thrilled.

I consider my time on suboxone as "clean time" too, but now I'm just clean without a safety net. It feels good. It can also be scary with so much riding on the line, but I'm in a good place.

Congrats again on your progress!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm only 16 days out from stopping suboxone but I already feel like its way back in my rear view. Honestly, I didn't have a lot of changes to make. I have a great job, great family, great husband, great kids, I guess you could say the change I've made is taking care of ME a little more. I realized that so much of my stress and subsequent self medicating came from the fact that I put everyone else above myself - I gave and gave and gave and acted like I didn't need anything in return. This has manifest itself in my making sure I have time to exercise and to do things that I genuinely enjoy doing - something those things are with my kids and my husband and sometimes they are not. I have never been so calm and at peace in my life. Honestly. Things are great =)

"the only way out is through"

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Been off it since Aug 2011 feeling good. It was a miracle for me to stay clean and I owe it to suboxone.
I have heard others say it got them high, I never felt high at all, just relieved at no withdrawal,
I recommend it for any opioid abuser