It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Jenni Jenn Jenn!!

I don't know why but I totally just said that out loud! I'm gonna browse through the forum & see if I can find anything about quitting smoking. I've never "Vaped" before. I keep hearing about how great it is though!
I'm very optimistic about the welbutrin! From what I've heard, it really helps with depression & stopping cigarettes. How's the plants? My husband and I were talking about getting some kind of water feature in the backyard... Talk to you soon!

Ash

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:14 am 

I just assumed the vapor thing was just like a mini hookah lol is that totally wrong? I’ve never tried a hookah but I tell ya what, on tv it looks amazing. It just looks so relaxing, I’ve always wanted to try it. I’m a total Real Housewives fan (like Beverly Hills, New York, Atlanta, Orange County, Dallas, New Jersey.....) every single franchise is amazing to me, and I think I’ve seen all of them at one point doing the hookah thing :)

Plants are so far so good! We just moved the ones that I had to put inside for the winter bk out yesterday. I’m always so anxious doing that because it can be tricky on how cold it gets at night. If it’s too cold then they’ll die and also if it’s too hot during the day and you haven’t acclimated them yet, they can get overwhelmed. So it’s anxiety for me. But I think good old Tennessee is about to hit summertime temperatures full force so I moved them bk outside (on the patios) finally.

I always complain about the weather and the humidity here, it’s awful. It finally reaches a point here where it’s too uncomfortable to even be outside, so I’m not looking forward to that........ but my succulents sure will.

I don’t know anything about fountains or ponds. I think they’d be awesome but it looks like a lot of work!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:44 pm 

Just as a reminder... The small bit of research I've done about vaping leads me to suggest that if you guys try it, you make sure your equipment and supply of materials is made in the U.S.A. You don't know what you're getting when you order international supplies. Your health is too important to be sucking up Chinese carcinogens! Here's a link to a site that advertises US owned small vaping businesses:

https://thevapetrader.com/listings/american-made/

Amy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:37 pm 

I didn’t know anything like that! I need to make sure my sons is made in the US then! All I know is he orders from a company in the US but I had no idea we needed to make sure it’s made here. Thank you Amy, I’m going to check.... or have him check :)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:54 pm 

Hi Ashlee, I did a post about quitting smoking maybe a year ago. See if you can find it with key words. If not, I'll find it so I won't need to type it all out again.

Wellbutrin worked for me when I got off the nicotine gum. I was chewing the equivalent of 2 packs a day w/o realizing it. Only took the med for 2 weeks so as to not experience w/d coming off it. Had one weird mental bad day and then I was fine. Man, I hate those anti-depressants when you're trying to get off them. So many side effects so don't take it for too long.

(For those on anti-depressants: Please do not get the wrong idea. I'm not bashing them, only saying they are hard to get off of when used for a short period of time.)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Rule...

Are you serious? There are withdrawals from quitting Wellbutrin? Holy smokes, why did I even get on it in the first place? I go back to my doctor in two weeks, so when I do, I will talk with her about it. I've noticed the past few days... I haven't been myself. I cry at the drop of a dime, I complain at everything & everyone, & I'm just feeling so miserable. I thought it was my cycle, as I get this way usually every month. But this month, has been alot different. I also quit smoking weed a few days ago in order for my UA to show up clean for my prior authorization form in June. So that may be why also, but I'm a survivor, I ALWAYS prevail.

Amy & Jenn,

Yeah I've never done the Vapes before, my little sister does, but I'm trying to quit smoking permanently. The crap is horrible for my health & I miss my beautiful singing voice, I also don't wanna sound like a 70 year old man that's been smoking for 50 years. Hookah is nice, but like everything else, too much of it will harm you.

Jenn, I really miss the show desperate housewives! Why don't they bring it back damn it! Theyre bringing the office back!!! Which is my all time favorite show!!! I love Dwight hahaha.

Ash

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:20 pm 

Ashlee,

Anti-depressants are like any other drug your body gets used to. If you're a better person taking them then stay on and life goes merrily on. If you're like me, and not depressed, tapering very slowly is the only safe & successful way to get off them.

My first two attempts to get off Effexor was a failure but that's because I tried to taper too fast. Plus, my doctor said I'll never be able to do it so that put motivation in me and I had to prove him wrong. The advice I took was not from him but from our own Dr. Junig here. His method is to reduce by 5% every 2 weeks or so. I went even slower than that. It took a little over 6 months to get down to a level to jump from. Like 75mgs down to 2-3mgs. Faster than that and you'll get brain zaps or explosions as they are sometimes described as. You don't want to have those, believe me.

PM me if you want more info regarding smoking or whatever else you're trying to stop. I've given up so many bad habits in my life I'll need to go find some more just to add some excitement back into it. Just kidding on that one. My wife would kill me if I got addicted to anything else again.

Thanks for posting all the positive stuff you do. We truly appreciate it here.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 am 

Ashlee, people are going to post a lot of things that they "know" from personal experience. From his own experience Rule can say that he has had trouble tapering from an anti-depressant, and that others have reported the same thing.

Now, I can report to you that I went from 60mg of prozac to 40mg of prozac several years ago and only experienced some mild symptoms.

I can also tell you that I started Wellbutrin in February of this year and it is incredibly helpful to me. I used to spend so much time in my room, in front of my laptop, mentally paralyzed and unable to do my school work. Since I started on the Wellbutrin, I have so much more motivation! It doesn't feel like increased energy, but somehow I am taking better care of my house, my pets, and myself. I've finished 70% of the school work I have left.

You are going to hear a ton of personal opinions about medications on this forum. That's all they are unless there is scientific evidence that backs them up. Sometimes even we mods overstate things or are a little bit alarmist.

Try not to become upset or panicked over something a member says in a post. We are all different, so something that affects one person is not going to affect another person the same way.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 pm 

Yeah I agree, there’s sooooo many things that I’ve heard ppl say that was just awful for them but it actually worked great for me. Also things that I’d never attempt again but worked great for my mother or others. Just because someone has a different outcome, don’t let that worry you or cause you to believe it will definitely happen to you. A perfect example of that is on this forum.... there’s the ppl who have much better luck with the strips over the pills. Some ppl swear that the pills don’t work for them. Then there’s the ppl who swear the strips aren’t helping them and the pills are the only thing helpful. Then there’s the ppl who’s fine with either form and just accepts whichever the pharmacy gives them. I think that’s a good example of how everyone has their own story and experience, but try not to let it convince you as to what works best for you or what will happen to you.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello everyone!

So I just wanna say that I've been on Wellbutrin since April 27th, & I'm starting to feel it's effects. I feel a less desire to smoke, but the past 3 days... I've felt severe depression. Like a depression that I've never felt before. I've been sleeping 10 hours a day, not eating a whole lot, crying uncontrollably, & having no motivation to leave my house. Not even to take Avii ( my dog) out to the park like we usually do. I'm also three days late on my period. Which is also extremely odd. Today though, I woke up feeling good & full of hope. Also another thing I should add, I have been having these random... Head dizziness spells. They usually happen during the night but sometimes occur during the day. I'm really hoping that all these weird symptoms go away, but if not, I'm gonna make an appointment to see my doc. She is excellent & very educated on medicine.

I really appreciate all the inputs guys, I try to be uplifting & as positive as one can be. But when I'm feeling blue/depressed, you guys really know how to make me feel better with all the support :) thanks so much!

Ash

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:58 pm 

If I were you (this is just me so take it with a grain of salt if ya want to lol) I would get and take a pregnancy test. Since you’re 3 days late and dizzy and emotional...... you never know :)

I know it can all be just you getting used to this medicine but you never know. When I was pregnant with my children, I was super duper emotional. My second pregnancy (before I found out I was even pregnant) I was watching something about animals on tv and cried for thirty minutes. It wasn’t meant to be sad...... it just was to me. I’m not saying you are pregnant at all, just that those symptoms could also be related to something else :) it’d be worth just checking. Maybe you already started by now.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Jenn,

So I got my cycle & stopped the Wellbutrin. I couldn't emotionally deal with things, it got to the point where my husband & I were fighting over NOTHING constantly, I was having thoughts that were just... Not right. I'm not a suicidal person whatsoever, I have too much love for myself to be suicidal. But I was having feelings of dreadfulness, hopelessness, sorrow, depression, darkness, etc. It's been two-three days since I quit the welbutrin & I'm starting to feel a little bit better. I haven't called my doctor yet (it got that bad, to where I didn't even wanna talk to anyone), but will tell her how I had felt on the 25th. Hopefully this dark cloud of depression will go away completely soon. I never ever wanna feel this way ever again! This is definitely the last time I will ever out an antidepressant in my body!

Ash

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:33 am 

Ashlee, I'm sorry that is your take away from this thread. It is true that antidepressants can be hit or miss, but the right one can also be incredibly helpful. For now, just let the Wellbutrin leave your system and I hope that will help you feel much better.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm 

It’s awful that you had that bad of a reaction to the Wellbutrin. Do you maybe think your cycle (PMS) could have also played a part in it too? I tell ya, lately about two weeks before I’m supposed to start, I can be an emotional monster. I’m not exaggerating, it can get really really bad. I’m either so emotional and crying feeling sad and anxious or I’m just mad at the world and don’t want to speak to anyone. I’m much older than you though, I’m 42, I’m thinking I may be hitting early menopause and I’m sure that’s why mine has gotten so bad lately.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ello gals,

So today & yesterday have been the first days that I've felt like myself again in a long time. Personally, I think it was a combination of things affecting me so negatively. One) my PMS is so bad that I can't go around people. I do believe that I suffer from Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), which is basically an intensified disorder of Premenstrual syndrome. Two) I stopped smoking weed about a week or so ago so that I can have my buprenorphine covered by Molina for another year. I've heard that when quitting weed, it can make one very... Crabby. & Three) that gosh darn antidepressant REALLY messed with my head. I don't wanna say that I felt suicidal, I love myself wayyyy too much for that, but I felt I was at my lowest point.

I haven't really been spending as much time on the talkzone because of it. I wouldn't wish what I had felt upon my worse enemy. Also, my husband and I are currently going through some financial hardships (we might have to move out & I would have to find a temporary home for my fur babies) so you can imagine how I've felt lately. But hey, I'm a Viking. I've endured a heck of a lot worse. Now I feel optimistic about our future, about our home. My husband now has a new job, working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Ya know, I would get a job... But I'm terrified. For over a year now, I've been in a giant shell that I don't want to come out of. I'm scared of the real world. I'm afraid that I'd get a job & screw it all up because I'm now socially awkward. Does that make sense? Before my sobriety, I always quit or get fired from my jobs because of how awkward I felt around others. Yes, I'm serious. So for now, or at least until I can work through those issues, I'm a homemaking, cake baking, under taking home goddess. And by golly I'm damn good at it!

Ash

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:28 am 

I definitely think I have pmdd... for sure! I become a monster/crybaby two weeks before I start. If you think about it, those around us are only getting two weeks a month of the normal us. That sucks. It gets to the point sometimes that I just feel like my insides are just shaking and I can’t even stand my own self. That’s bad right? Not fun.

Maybe you can sell things online..... that may supplement your income a little bit. Are you good at making something that you could sell? I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of ETSY but it’s pretty cool. I thought about selling spider plants on there (I have an enormous amount all the time). There’s also eBay. That’s just a suggestion. Hopefully you won’t have to move. I’d hate to see you struggle with your furrbabies.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Jenn,

Unfortunately, it really seems like things just keep happening one after the other, after the other. Kind of like Sal & I are jinxed. Or maybe someone cursed us (in the Arab culture, it is taken very seriously) we've started praying more, not cussing as much, trying to make better choices, etc. Hopefully everything gets better soon!

It's the exact same way with me in regards to the PMDD. I feel like I turn into leather face from the Texas chainsaw massacre movie, & what sucks is that people think it's funny how emotional & crappy we actually feel, they won't take it seriously in other words, but if they felt what we felt, maybe they would sympathize.

I love the idea of selling things from my home, you may or may not know this but I make all of our breads at home. Any kind of bread my family wants (my side & the in laws) I can make it. From french bread, Italian, Naan, pita, Iraqi, Yemeni bread, tortillas, buttermilk bread, amish bread, Irish soda bread, etc. You name it, I can make it!!! I would LOVE more than anything to sell my stuff. My dream is to one day have a bakery... But it wouldn't just be breads I'd sell. I'd do croissants (very tedious work!), Muffins, streudals, cakes, cream puffs, spinach pies, halal pizza rolls, apple butter, marmalades, jams, etc. My husband & I have already started talking about it, I'm gonna start making everything from home, but under the buyers request. & Since Ramadan is now here, people will be wanting all kinds of stuff!!! I just wish I knew a bunch of people!

Sal & I always find a way to keep what we have. We're NEVER gonna lose our house. I just gotta be more optimistic & learn better ways of dealing with stress. I appreciate you all so much being behind me!

Ash

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:10 am 

Ashlee you should look into making a website and sell your breads! I don’t know how to do it but surely someone knows.

My father is known as the local guy in my area that ppl come to if they’re interested in buying walnuts. My dad has this little business going on with walnuts. It started with all the many many walnut trees we have here. He then got the big cracker thing lol.... works at it most of the year and sells by the hundreds sometimes, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas when ppl are baking like crazy. He also sells to a few bakery’s that’s local. I’ve wanted to take it online because I bet he’d do awesome. I just haven’t figured it out yet or gotten his permission lol.

You should do it! I bet you’d sell a lot. Even if you just set up a FB page totally dedicated to just selling your bread. You could come up with cute packaging. You never know what can happen :)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh the possibilities!!

Only thing is, I'm really not technology savvy. I don't like social media, at all. No Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, whatever else there is, I don't have it. I figure whoever I need to know is already here in my life.

I absolutely love the idea of selling my homemade products. I was talking with my mother in law last night about it & I think we're gonna set up a website of some kind & it make take a little while but by next year InshAllah (God willing) I'll have my very own business! Only hope for the best!!!

I'm a huge walnut fan by the way! Southern walnuts are the best!

Ash

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:27 am 

Sounds great Ashlee!

I don’t like walnuts really but you’d be surprised at how sellable they are. I live in TN and the land where my parents live is just lined with walnut tree after walnut tree. Instead of an apple orchard, we got walnut orchards lol :)