It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

:? about Wallgreens my second refill of subs 16 mg a day for severe back pain ,the pharmacist looks at me and tells me you have to wait two hours we need to look up some info on you ???what the H? I always get asked if I am waiting it will b 15 min but this person was just rude and loud and customers all around me . I looked at her and took my script back gave her the :D :) bird and took it to wall mart and haven't had problems :) But look up info on me why I got them there the fist time and waited 15 min?????

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:40 am 

I think it must depend on the Walgreens. The pharmacist at my local Walgreens is excellent!

It could be that they were looking you up in the prescription database to make sure that you aren't doctor shopping. That's just a guess, but you shouldn't have to put up with that kind of behavior from the pharmacy staff at a Walgreens!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Be sure and contact your provider. If you signed an agreement there may have been a bullet about using one pharmacy. Don't let it be a surprise at your next visit when they pull up the state database to review.
Most states the pharmacist is required to review the controlled substance database before issuing a prescription. Fun fact - they don't in Missouri because they have yet to implement one.
I deal with several Walgreen's. It is the person you ran into, not the corporate culture in my opinion.
PAX

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 am 

I’m a firm believer in that it’s the individual you deal with instead of the pharmacy chain itself.

I had a young lady come to me last month telling me what an awful time they had filling their script for their medicine when she went to a previous doctor (not mine). She went to the town she lived in to fill her script instead of the town the doctor is in.... I don’t see why it’d make a difference but anyway.... she told me that all these pharmacies were telling her no. Every single one she went to was no no and no. Some were rude some weren’t.

Most of them came bk with the excuse that they only took a certain amount of buprenorphine patients and they were at their capacity and if they filled hers then one of their patients wouldn’t get their medicine. Ok........ well then she tried Walgreens (I’ve always had good energy with them) and this pharmacist was the worst of all. He literally started lecturing her about everything. He said that he wasn’t going to fill it because she passed way too many pharmacies on her way there. Wth does that have to do with anything? He said that the doctor that wrote the script wrote too much medicine. She asked if the doctor was in trouble or being investigated and he said ‘not yet’.

This pharmacist humiliated this girl who was only trying to get her medication filled. I don’t think every Walgreens is an a-hole but that particular pharmacist should have been reported! That really made me so mad. She finally found another pharmacy in another state that filled her medicine no questions asked or no negativity. That stuff bothers me. I understand a pharmacist has the right to refuse to fill something but to be rude and lecturing someone in front of the entire store is way ridiculous. This girl is about 30 and very shy acting, I can only imagine the look on her face as this arshole said all that to her.