It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:41 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi! I'm on 16 mg a a day. My opiate use was taking Norco 5 up to 2 at a time up to 10 times a day. Started sub 2 months ago. The first month I couldn't sleep. Now I'm just through month #2 and I can't stop sleeping. I can't even get out of bed. I have always struggled with chronic fatigue. Anyone relate? I'm so tired

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you think it is from the Suboxone take it once a day in the evening. You could also start dropping your dose with a target of 8-10 mg a day. That MIGHT help.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:26 am 

My mom had the same problem! Any time she sat down she would snooze. It was so bad that she fell asleep at the wheel and thank God there was a guardrail on that highway!! It kept her from a very bad accident.

My mom didn't take any narcotics. No xanax or opioids. What she did have, she discovered, was sleep apnea. She wasn't getting good sleep at night so she fell asleep during the day a lot.

I know that you are on buprenorphine and it can cause tiredness as a side effect. Doc is right that as you lower your dose and if your sleepiness is caused by the medication it should improve.

I just want you to consider looking into whether or not you may have apnea because it is such a serious condition. It can put tremendous strain on your heart! At least record yourself at night and see if there are points when you stop breathing and if you snore a lot. Ok?

Amy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:59 pm 

I completely agree about the sleep apnea idea. My fiancé has it (we think). He can honestly sleep an entire weekend and it’s getting so much progressively worse as time goes by. He does ok as long as he’s doing something, even driving, but the second he sits down that’s it. When he wakes up in the morning it’s hours to get him going. He wakes up and comes into the living room only to fall asleep there for another hour or so. It takes a lot of pushing to get him out of it. Yesterday he had to stay an extra day in Florida because there was some confusion with his work. I was worried about how he’d take it, being put on pause for a whole day and night. He literally slept the entire time. He called me at 2pm to let me know what had happened and said he was just going to take a nap. I didn’t hear from him again until 10pm and that was to just say goodnight, he went bk to sleep and didn’t get up until 7am this morning! Literally slept an entire day and night. He isn’t an addict and doesn’t take any controlled substances.

I think it’s very possible you may have something going on with sleep apnea. I’m watching someone I love suffer with it and it isn’t good, it can really effect your life a lot.