It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi all,
i hope you guys will be able to help be get back clean since im afraid of keeping relapsing as its happening now...
im 35 years old i was addicted to heroin in my early days for around 5 years but then with the help of subutex and i changed the country i am living in and stayed clean for around 10 years. then around a year ago i started taking from time to time eithout getting physically or mentslly attached until this christmas where i started snorting daily not less than 1g. since then i have been trying to quit. The longest i have been able to stay clean was 3 weeks while taking 4mg bupe split into 2mg once morning and one night' then i relapsed for around a month, and again 10 days ago i was able to reinduct myself and quit for around 10days taking 4mg bupe daily saying ill never even take again but unfortunatly the devil in my head said ill do just once and i have been snorting a gram daily for the past 4 days, today i wanted to start taking bupe again but my last of H was yesterday midnight so i didnt take my bupe fearing pw since i have to wake up at 6am to drop my daughter to school.
my questions if somebody can help me:
- lets say i will start taking bupe again tomorrow morning should i wait the 12 hours i usually have to wait or is the bupe still in my body from before and i can take half a pill without waiting the regular 12 hours.
- i have an important family event on saturday that i should attend, do u think if i started taking bupe tomorrow (friday) will i become stable on bupe by saturday? since i was already in it before and i dont think it should take more than a coiple of days to be stable on it again.
and finally do u advise me to keep just a bit of heroin around 0.5g so that incase when i took rhe bupe' i went to pw inorder to feel better?
I hope somebody here has a similar experiance to mine and i really really want to quit to take care of my family but i hate the firdt couple of days in which i cannot function normally until i get stable on bupe and i have a daughter that i have to take care of, drop her and pick her up from school, teach her, cook,... thats why i have to transion without getting sick.

please somebody provide me with support and nobody in real life knows about my addiction except my dealers' and drug related buddies who i keep them far from my family and nobody knows them at all.
sorry for the long post and i hope i was able to be clear with sharing the my details.
looking forward for some advise and support :)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:15 am 

Im sorry but im really on the run this morning so it ll be short. Advice, .... get rid of thoses dealer friends... get rid of ANY H... And get in a real buperenorphine program that will have some accountablity.. IMO the 4mgs just isnt enough to block cravings from what im reading hear. if you or anyone goes into PW s keep taking the Bupe, not H or any other full agonist opiate.. you will stablize.... Jenn will be along soon .....razor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks razor for ur reply,
i cannot get into a program since ill be traveling next month and im going to country where they will just deny my resident permit if they know i have anything related with drugs, so i should be 100% clean and off even bupe within a month, do u think if i follow a taper method within this month i will be able to quit also bupe without having it affect my job?
regarding adding bupe over pw, i have read a lot about that and in most places they dont advise taking extra bupe if ur in pw, ur correct for throwing away any H, but the only reason i thought of that is because i cannot go into pw since there is nobody that can take care of my daughter and i cannot let her sit at home and not go to school because of my mistakes, she already have skipped a lot of school days everytime i induce bupe and need the first couple of days to stabelize.
ill take today my last dose at 6pm so that tomorrow morning at 6am ill be able to start the induction and hopefully ill not go through pw.
i just hope that ill stabelize directly on the bupe since i only snorted H for 5 days after being stable on bupe and ill try as well to increas ethe dose over 4mg maybe 6 to stop craving.
I have already stopped talking to everybody i know who does H, and actually they are not many and i dont spend time with rhem anyways, my lifestyle is different than theirs i just spend time with my family, my only mistake that is that i love drugs (im addicted) but im ready to stop if so that my family will not hurt cuz of this.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

and you know what hurts the most? its that just 4 days ago i was feeling excellent and was having the best days of my life and then when i went to buy bupe i got a gram as well since i buy the bupe from the same dealer selling me H, and i have been spending the last couple of days just afraid to reinduct fearing the pw, and now its too late the bupe is out of my body and now i have to really start the induction process from scratch!!
when will we just learn that enough is enough, i just want to get my old life back just living normally like all people.
anyways and in addition to my previous questions, i have 6x 8mg bupe pills at the moment.
can somebody help me taper using these pills only, i dont want to go to my dealer anymore cuz im sure ill by a gram as well and that will lead to much more... and i mentioned earlier i am travelling for good for a new job opportunity i got so i want to stsrt fresh, a new life in a new country!!
appreciate any ideas and support i can get..
God bless all of you

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:49 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey thisisme,
You really need to obtain your bupe legally or else you are just setting yourself up to fail... ESPECIALLY when your dealer of bupe also deals H... You cannot partake in illegal drug seeking acts and successfully recover. It just doesn't work like that. Im sure it has been attempted plenty of times and maybe even a couple success stories doing it this way, but my personal opinion if you want the highest chance of recovery is that you need to see a doctor or get into some type of recovery program.

Are you seeing a therapist/counselor/psychologist? If you truly want to stay off drugs and get on the right path, they can help you find out why you feel like you need the H. And they can also help you to realize that you DONT need it and teach you ways to cope with triggers and cravings. Razor is right in that you need to be on a higer dose of bupe if you want to block out the cravings so that you can get your head straight. If you absolutely cannot get in to see a doctor or trust yourself to get more bupe, I suggest you do some research on how to properly take the medication so you are getting the most bioavailability of the medication. You will feel better if you take it properly and let it all absorb into your system how it is supposed to.

GET RID OF THE H NOW!! You KNOW that is not a good idea to keep it around. You are only making excuses and setting yourself up to fail by keeping it around. Say goodbye and don't look back!

I would never suggest someone being on bupe for only a month because that is nowhere near enough time to allow yourself to heal and recover. You will never stabilize this way. All I can suggest is to see a doctor and go to some AA or NA meetings. They will help you get through the vulnerable times without using drugs.

You need to change your phone number. Its the only sure way to keep you away from them and not tempt yourself to contact them. Just 'not talking to them' is NOT ENOUGH. You need to cut ALL ties. Don't give yourself any room for fuck-ups.

What is more important, your LIFE or your job? I know you said you have to travel soon for a 'job opportunity' and jobs ARE extremely important, but your life matters more. You can always get another job.... I know it sucks but you have to take this seriously if you want to be successful... your life truly depends on it. And who knows maybe your employer will be understanding and allow you to take some time off to get yourself together.

You cant put a timeline on recovery. No one can tell you when you will start to 'feel better' but I can guarantee that not many people on this site would condone what you are doing. All we can do is offer support and hope that you do the right thing.

Im not sure what country you live in but if you see a doctor and have a legal script for suboxone you will not run into any problems. It is illegal to discriminate against an addict. I hope the same laws apply to you so you can do this the proper way.

Sorry for the tough love but I had to keep it honest. I wish you the best and PLEASE stick around. We are rooting for you!
Jessica

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks jessica for your reply, and ur right in most of the points and im not trying to argue with you or find reason to obtain anything illigally anymore, but when i left this country 10 years ago was when i completely stopped taking H although the last couple years i was attending one of the best rehabilitation center here but for me it was moving away that helped, and it was when i came back last year when i got back to taking H and i had to come back here cause i lost my previous job and have been jobless since then and thanks god now that i got this job opportunity now which is a high level executive job which i cannot afford to lose, and im positive once i leave this country again and start working im done for sure from the drug issues, since i live a completly differnet lifestyle than what im doing now and the current "friends" i mentioned are not real friends of mine that ill not even want to know anything about starting today...
i just want to start day 1 in my job without being dependant on anything (neither H nor bupe) since if i continue taking bupe for a longtime ill eventually have to quit and will face withdrawal from bupe thats why i would like to get finished with everything before even leaving to the new job, i want them to see the real me at work and not the weak me who is constantly sick and cannot focus and take the correct desicions.
Also i dont honestly see my current habit is very big (although all H habits are big) but for me its been only around 4 months straight in between i have stopped once for 3 weeks on bupe and lately a week until my current relapse which has been for 5 days including today. Now my biggest concern is that even if i want to throw them today, i just cannot.. i was telling you that i have an important family event on saturday which is my sister is getting married on saturday and i have to be there for her, i will try on friday morning to take upto 8mg bupe hopeing that i will get stabilized on it within just 2 days since i was already on it for a week before now but if not, im forced to snort a couple of lines of H ontop of the bupe for these 2 days but after that on sunday morning its 100% over and ill completly shift back to bupe until i find a proper tapering method which i will try to complete within this month, otherwise as u suggested ill continue on it for a longer time, but ill have to obtain them "illegally" since in Abu Dhabi they have zero tolarance for expatriates who have drug addictions and thats where i am heading.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm 

Hello thisisme!

I’m going to start this off by just being brutally honest with you. Right now you’re able to barley pull yourself bk from the H to the buprenorphine without fully falling into the H permanently. This will NOT last long, please trust me. I had my three children taken from me and you’re lucky enough to have found suboxone before anything like this has happened....yet. Your time is running out and the excuses you’re having in your own brain won’t be enough. The reason you can’t start buprenorphine treatment is very valid and I get it, but this is your life and you need to put your treatment of addiction first and make adjustments afterwards or things will probably fall apart anyway. That’s just my experience and I know everyone is different but you aren’t going to get better in a month and you aren’t going to be able to get suboxone through a dealer without being tempted by something else. It just doesn’t work long term like that.

Please consider getting a doctor, even if you have to keep things private, you need a doctor to get this under control. I know you’re thinking you have a plan but it won’t work long term. Addiction takes everything... children, jobs, homes.... eventually that’s what will happen. I know you think you can’t do it a certain way because of a job but you’re going to have to because within a year, you’ll have lost everything. That’s my fear for you.

4mg is not enough, I agree with Razor. It’s not going to cover your cravings. You’re going to need more medication to stop the cravings and get adjusted and away from the H. And if pw starts, don’t go to H, keep dosing your regular prescribed dose of suboxone. You will start feeling better soon if you experience pw as long as you keep taking the suboxone and not immediately switch to H. That’s the key, just stay away from the heroin. No matter what. Even if you have to start taking buprenorphine by getting it off the street, I get it and that’s what I’d do too so that you can get away from heroin immediately, but please call a suboxone doctor and make an appointment. Until you can get an appointment or to your appointment, just make sure to get enough suboxone to stop cravings, and personally I don’t think 4mg is enough for a tolerance to heroin.

I don’t want to sound harsh because I have been where you’re at right now (I wasn’t taking H though), I’d never judge you. I just know how we make every excuse in the world to justify why we can’t see a doctor, but in this world of addiction, there’s no easy way out. We can’t only take it for a month and expect everything to straighten out because unfortunately our brain has changed and it won’t work very long like that. Your next relapse could be your last.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:50 pm 

I know you said that in another location you won’t have to worry about anything but what about cravings? Don’t you experience cravings? I was able to stay away from dealers and other addicts but the mental anguish and obsessive cravings took over my life. So are you not experiencing these type of cravings? That’s the only thing I couldn’t beat. I could always get past withdrawal but I couldn’t get past the mental part. The mental side of addiction is the worst imo.

Maybe I’m wrong and you don’t need buprenorphine, if you aren’t having cravings, but if you didn’t have cravings then you’d have been able to just stop heroin.

Like I said, please don’t think I’m being harsh or rude to you. I just wanted to help you before the things that happened to me started. If I had just started this treatment sooner, I wouldn’t have lost custody of my children.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

on a side note, i would like to thank each and every person who is supporting me right now, and appreciate the time you are giving me to write down what ur writing to help me.
i would like to advise others like mr who were not sure if to post or not to gi ahead and post, ull be surprized with what others have to say and the love they will give you.
once im done with my addiction, im going to continue helping others same as i got supported here.
Its nice to k ow that among all the hatred happening around the world, there are still plenty of good people that are willing to support others.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

honestly when i stopped last month for 3 weeks and this time for a week and i was taking 4mg per day i wasnt having much cravings and once i used to start having some i directly take 2mg and that kept me moving till next day.
Thats why im trying to stay as low as possible because i dont want to end up addicted to bupr at the end of the day, although i dont mind and i love the feeling when u get stabilized on it, its the second best feeling the world after my DOC, but my only problem is that i cannot let anybody know about this or ill lose my family, and as well the place im heading to now doesnt treat bupe as a medicine, and its nearly impossible to get a legal precsription there, they will just kick you out of the country and blame you for all drug addictions over there.
My biggest fear right now is how to start again taking bupe without having 3 days of feeling dead that u feel when u first start inducting.
my issue is that my daughter is the one who is paying for my mistakes, every couple of weeks whenever i start bupe i let her skip a couple of days from school and at the same time i ignore her all day long. my wife has already left to start her job in the same place im going to thinking everything is under control, while it isnt.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jen and also thats why i want to try to do a month or even long tapper so that ill know for sure that got over the addiction successfully, last time when i relapsed was when my pills were almost finished and was planning to restock and got cravings to the level that i had to fight with the dealer to let him sell me, i personally went to his house and had a huge fight with him cuz he didnt want to sell me anymore and wanted to give just bupe and i forced him to sell me a gram which now i regret and eventually he gave up and told me to f*** myself and gave me, i thought i was stronger than H and will do only once and continue taking the meds but that isnt wat happened

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:31 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

thisisme wrote:
thats why i want to try to do a month or even long tapper so that ill know for sure that got over the addiction successfully

Thisisme... You will never "get over" your addiction. If you are truly an addict, your addiction will ALWAYS be with you. There are no shortcuts, no quick fixes, no ways to end or cure your addiction.

Bupe is NOT meant to be a comfort med, and it seems like that's exactly how you are using it. It is meant to be a maintenance med. The way you are using it is exactly why you feel so shitty and can't seem to feel better. Switching back & forth from the bupe to the H will only make you feel worse. Take the bupe ONLY, and stick with it for the best results.

I am not saying I agree or condone with what you are doing, but I am trying to offer the best support I can as I do not want to push you away. As addicts, we are ALWAYS judged and treated like the scum of the earth, which is also the reason why we are so understanding of each other, and always trying to help others who have been in our shoes and made the same choices/actions as we once did.

We are all here to help each other. And I really hope you can see how you are only making excuses and I hope that you will eventually learn that you need to put your recovery first. Before anything... before your job, even before your FAMILY. Recovery = Life ...its as simple as that. You may think you're "not that bad", or your addiction was short-lived or not a serious problem, but believe me if you dont change what you are doing, it will only get worse...

Please stick around,
Jessica

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well jessica i agree with you regarding that recovery = life but disagree with you when u say that its more important than work and family!
ill start with my family, they are the only reason i want to g
live a clean life inorder for my kids to look up to me and want to be like me when they grow up and to secure all their needs so they are one of the main reasons im determained to stop.
Regarding the job, where i live the unemployment rate is over 40% and salaries are super damn low and we dont have the luxury of any goverment support, so when ur unemployed ur just broke and nobody will look at u or support u in any way, so when i say i got an opportunity to work in UAE as an exective its what i have been trying to reach in my career for years and somewhat a dream come true and regecting that offer will not be a smart desecion since i have been applying to shift there during the past 10 yesrs and just now i got accepted by one of the top multinational companies in the world. so im going from being broke to making 6 figures per year!! how can anybidy say not to that?
As i mentioned earlier my main reason for the big relapsing 5 months ago was not having a job and coming back to my original country, so by getting a well paid job and leaving this country it will be the solution to my addiction (as you know every person shifts to drugs to heal a wound or to fill a gap in life, as i see it mine will be solved when i get back to work and travel)
it was the solution for me the first time in which i stayed clean for 10 full years, and hopefully it will be the solution again.
Regarding staying on bupe for maintance im not against that as i stayed on it previously for a couple of years but as i mentioned it will be nearly impossible for me to get it legally, and i prefer not to get illigally there due to several reasons (legal issues, and once i start getting it illagally i might get worst things,..)
In my humble openion i just want to get past this month with the least damage possible.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

and ur also right that im messing up my brain by shifting on and off bupe and using H and im really feeling super depresed cuz if that, i cannot even control my emotions anymore... but its amost time, one more day to go and ill start again on bupe and this time its the final time, ill keep everyone here posted and hopefully will get support to pass through the first couple of days which are the hardest and after that im going to get my life back :)
ill try as well to share as much details about the induction phase, inorder to provide more details for others who are passed with the same on and off bupe phase, hoping to be somekind of support to others as well!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:58 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I’m not trying to tear you apart or sound like I am judging you because trust me I’m not! but I just disagree with you personally and hope you can understand what I was saying.. recovery SHOULD come first because if you continue to use drugs you WILL lose your job AND your family. If you can’t stay away from the H I can guarantee your life will not be what you hoped and nothing will go in your favor.

I completely understand that you don’t want to be sick for this new job but if you keep jumping back and forth from the bupe to the H, you are only prolonging the sickness. You have to just end the madness and deal with the consequences of using H.

A job is not a solution for addiction. If you are truly an addict, Having a job will not cure you. If it was, all addicts who work for a living would be cured and never relapse. Hopefully others will get on here and help to better explain this and try to help you see that there is no shortcut to a successful recovery.

Blaming a relapse on losing a job is totally understandable but it is not the root cause to your addiction issues, and simply having a job and working full time will not be enough to keep you clean in the future. Trust me an addict can ALWAYS find what they are looking for. It doesn’t matter where you live, or how good you think your life is going. Your mind WILL play tricks on you when you least expect it. Which is why we ALWAYS have to keep our guard up and continue to work on our recovery each and every day.

It seems like you think you’re “different” than other addicts, but I can assure you that you’re not. While in active addiction, We all once thought that there was a simple solution to end our drug use... we all thought at one point that “we’re not THAT bad”, until we realized that we would only repeat past mistakes over and over again, until the necessary steps were made towards the real changes that it takes to truly recover. I really wish you the best and hope that you continue to post on here!

Hopefully others will come by to offer support and advice.

Jess

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i would like as well to hear other people's feedback on this issue whether to proceed with travelling to my new job within around a month or stay here to start a real trestment with drs support to quit as jess is saying.
But jess how am going to pay for the dr and for the meds if i regect the job offer? and how will i survive along with my family for a year or so, the time it takes to completely get clean? school fees, house rent, phone bills, utility bills, food, petrol, etc... i dont have any more savings as i spent them all during the oast ciuple of months that passed.
im with you regarding that an addict can find what he is looking for whereever he is and i already have a known source that i get from, im not gonna name but i guess u already got where i mean i can get from any where in the world...
I never mentioned that im different than others cuz im not; im maybe the worst person who ever walked the earth and i never judge anyone cuz i know that im not better than others. what i meant is that im still in the early phase of addiction which is just 5 months and it should be easier for me to quit now before going deeper.
Once an addict always an addict is million percent correct, during the time i was clean from H i got addicted to alcohol and when im not on alcohol im on weed, meth, coke or any other thing...
i do need treatment and i wish im able to inform at least my wife or anybody close to me about my addiction but i cannot as she has promissed me before that if u get back to doing drugs she will just take the kids and leave me forever, no more chances..
with regards to my plan to start bupe on sunday morning, unfortunally i found a reason to make me postpone it till tuesday since i just remembered that i was asked to have a meeting with my daughters school principle due to her constant absenses from school and it will be very rude from me not to go, i know i should postpone this and im just giving myself reasons to keep taking but this is the last time i do so and i want to promise whoever is reading this that ill start taking the med on tuesday, please i need you to spit in my face or say whatever bad things to me if i didnt start on tuesday as u are the only support i have got at the moment fighting this devil.
so again correct me if im wrong about the induction, ill take my last dose around 6pm on monday night and start dosing on bupe tuesday at 6pm starting with 2mg and going up to a max of 8mg every 2 hours. I used to take around 6mg on the first and second day usually and then continue taking only 4mg daily, i was trying low doses cuz on other forums they always mentioned that less is more with bupe and even an IV user who has been taking for long time can get stabilized on 2-4mg. but ill try to follow razor's advise and raise my daily dose to 8mg...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:23 pm 

Man oh man I really dont know where to start with all this.. Ive read the thread and will reread it tonight and comment in the morning but one thing i will say, Jess is dead on right on her last post. wouldnt change a word. And it is ture, What ever you put in front of your Recovery you will Lose. Keeping truth in the dark only will isolate your freedom.. Ive come to learn over the last 7 years that Addiction really doesnt have much to do with drugs. It is mostly Lonely and depression and a lack of self or fillment.. and with opiates, its noot the stopping , its the staying stopped. That is what gets most .....

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 pm 

When someone says that we have to be selfish with our recovery and also we have to do it for us, not just our children or spouse, it’s one thousand percent true. I don’t know how much loss you have experienced yet (or if any) but I lost everything and that’s exactly what happens to us when we don’t get help or treatment in time. Of course we want to get better for our children but addiction doesn’t care if we’re parents or not. Addiction won’t lose over willpower, it’ll win every single time. So when someone says that you can’t make certain decisions about our recovery because of our children then that’s meaning that it has to be about only you or your family will come last eventually. There’s a saying and it goes ‘I have to put my recovery first so that everything I love doesn’t come last’. I love that because it’s the most accurate sentence ever.

I don’t have the answers to the problems about this new job and new area you’re moving to that has zero buprenorphine. I don’t know what to tell ya to do about that and I know they’re very valid issues, but you’ll be able to work it all out somehow. We always find a way to get our drugs, just like you had to go physically fight the dealer to get what you wanted. Fight with the same amount of determination for your recovery as you did for the drugs. I promise you that those cravings will return, they don’t just go away. There’s always going to be a devil hiding in the corner in the addiction world, no matter where we’re at.

I don’t want to keep harping on ya about what to do, I just wanted to explain about why we have to put our recovery over our children and family. I know you know what can happen. I wish you all the success in the world and hopefully you keep us posted :)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 pm 

One thing I want to clarify is that you are not in early addiction. Early addiction started whenever you used opioids for the first time. Maybe you mean that you don't have a super high tolerance? Addiction, after one week, one month, 10 years, etc., just picks back up wherever you left off the last time.

It is extremely bad news that you have a way to get drugs easily. Very bad. I do hope, at least, that the UAE would kick you out of the country if you were having drugs mailed to you.

Why would your daughter have to miss so much school because you were dope sick? Can't her mother take her? I find that really strange. Can't your wife get a job? I don't know your wife, obviously. If my husband came to me and confessed that he had a problem and that he needed my help, I would be there to support him. Whatever it took. The alternative would be divorcing and having to find a new place, a job, disrupting her children's lives. Any mother would think long and hard about that, even if her partner really screwed up!

Everything that Jess and Jenn and Razor are saying is spot on. I couldn't agree with them more! You are in real danger of losing everything.

I want to meet you where you are, though. Maybe it's time to think about harm reduction. It is possible that moving to the UAE will allow you to get the fresh start that you are counting on. However, it's not going to be easy, even if it works. You are going to have to put in some major work on your recovery!! Taking a medication only gives you time and space to help yourself.

This is what I suggest. Before you move do your quick taper. Do not buy ANY more H!! If it's possible go get a shot of vivitrol to help you put the using behind you. Or, even better, and I don't know how many doctors are prescribing this, but try to get a buprenorphine implant. Clonidine, a medication originally used as a BP lowering med, has been shown to help with any withdrawal symptoms and even a bit with cravings. Stay as busy as possible in UAE. Find a gym and work out every day. And get online to SMART Recovery! Order a workbook, attend an online meeting, etc. The program is accessible and it makes sense! Work really hard!!

If you are fortunate and continue working on your recovery, There is a possibility that you can stay sober. And speaking of sober! No alcohol! You are an addict and an alcoholic! There are no gray areas for you.

Thisisme, what I'm suggesting is not your best bet. Recovery should be your highest priority, and yes, even before family. You are no good to your family if you're drunk and/or high. Addiction is chronic and progressive. That is why you relapse. Your circumstances can impact your abuse of substances, but the primary cause of relapse is your addiction.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would like to update you on my situation, i started bupe as promissed on monday and have deleted all my contacts and hopefully along with my strong will it will be the last time i ever take H in my life.
im trying a short tapper as u know that i should be travelling soon with no access to more bupe, below is the schedule i did:
day 1: started with 2mg early in the morning as soon as i waked up, then followed by another 2mg around 12noon, then at around 2pm i had a small line kept just to ease the wirthdrawal and took it around 4pm since i still wasnt feeling good then slept again at 8pm till next day.
day2: i started with 4mg as soon as i waked up and followed it with 2mg at noon and another 2mg around 4pm.
day3: i took 4mg when i waked up and another 4mg around 2pm to feel better, from here things started getting better.
day4: i took 4mg when i waked up and another 4mg afternoon
day5: i started with 4mg and the afternoon dose was 2mg
today: i just took 2mg in the morning and feel actually great, hopefully slowly lowering the dose until i completely stop.