It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Does anyone have experience with either Probuphine implants or the Sublocade monthly injections?

The Probuphine seems to last up to 6 months and is a physical implant, whereas Sublocade is a depot injections lasting 30 days with no removal required.

I'm really trying to get away from the daily strips and move toward a more consistent, more care-free dosing schedule (not worrying about forgetting to take my strip, or forgetting to bring it with me on business travel, etc).

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Too bad you didn't get any responses as I am interested too. Cost is such an issue with both of these and are not covered by insurance yet. (At least the ones that I deal with). I am also very disappointed by Indivior and their roll out with Sublocade.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:19 am 

Can you expand on that docm2? Why are you disappointed with the roll out? I would really like to know.

Thanks,

Amy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Started the process to get the Sublocade. Papers are filed just waiting on my insurance. Crossing my fingers I can get my first injection next week. I'll update again after my first injection.

Not having the ups and downs and having to take a film to feel better every day seems like something I'd never have. If Sublocade does what's it supposed to do, I'll be one happy camper.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Suboxnoob,

Yes, if you do end up getting the injection, let us know how it goes. Im actually interested in gaining some knowledge on it as I was going to bring it up to my doctor. I need to find an hour in my day to take my medication, which can be an inconvenience if I'm on the road or when I have family or friends over. I hope your insurance covers it!

Ash

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
Can you expand on that docm2? Why are you disappointed with the roll out? I would really like to know.

Thanks,

Amy

Usually when a company has an innovative product that is supposed to be a 'gamechanger' they will be calling, knocking at the door, bringing lunch, anything to get the information in front of me. I've had nothing, zilch, nada, and my call to the rep continues unanswered after 6 weeks. Ironic, there is only 80+ of us in the state that they should be able to at least get a mailing to us.
I may start Abilify for a patient couple times a year, that rep is around at least quarterly.

Good news Suboxnoob, keep posting about your experience, it will help many.