It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I’m currently using 1mg 3 times a day and I’m experiencing aches in joints and have been diagnosed with autoimmune disorder or rheumatoid arthritis from several doctors and blood tests support it also.
I think it’s also withdrawals aggravating joints and hands with previous broken bones but even higher doses didn’t get rid of aches,pain and stiffness after periods of rest.
What helps aches and stiffness most is constant movement or staying active but if I over do it I’m really hurting or very stiff in joints.
I’m hoping I don’t need any type of opiate for arthritis pain but once pain hits and I can’t ger motivated my thinking changes.
I’d rather take pain medication after work,being in public,business is over simply because my thinking isn’t the best once opiates start working.
I might overspend,commit to things I regret later,etc... and I don’t always like the effects,tiredness eyes feel funny,nausea,anxiety,etc...
I’m going to try dropping to 1mg twice a day to see if stiffness and pain gets worse but easier said than done when there’s work to be done or loss of appetite.
Any supplements or other medication that might help?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:35 am 

Rob, so many of us suffer from arthritis. IMO, opiates will do nothing to relieve the pain. A mix of aspirin and Ibuprofen made by Excedrin seems to work better. I could be wrong on the ingredients but look for an arthritis version of it by them or a competitor like Anacin.

There is Voltaren cream that seems to help along with a lot of other topical treatments. Do some research and see what may work for you. Some may work better on some people vs others. It takes some work to find something that helps.

Yes, I know it sucks. A cruel joke played on mankind but you are not alone. As far as the Suboxone, small doses seem to work best for pain from what I've read here over the years. That is why the Butran's patch is in micrograms vs milligrams. Less is better they are saying. But I still think it won't help with the arthritis. If it does with you then by all means, keep using it. Each person is unique.

Hope you find relief.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I know this isn't really an answer to your question but i was experiencing stiffness and over whelming paid in my lower neck, I just recently (13 days) got off suboxone and with in a couple days the pain and stiffness wasn't there. I really think subs cause it or cause it to be worse but that's just my opinion. I hope you find a method that works!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Magnesium...

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was tapering too fast or it could be just part of the tapering process.
I’m at 0.25mg twice daily and now it’s too much and I’m regretting taking second dose of the day.
I wait as long as possible and it’s usually after it wears off I get very sleepy,then after I wake up I start hurting.