It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: UA coming up
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I've put myself in a bind and I'm not sure what to do. I have been going to a pain clinic for Suboxone for the last few months and at my last appointment they said i need to take a UA. Thankfully i got out of it cuz i had to go back to work. But the nurse just said come in before your next appointment. I plan on going in April 16th, the day before my appointment.

I have been taking adderall and Xanax for the past few months pretty regularly. It's been pretty consistent but I've had breaks here and there. I don't know what to do. Should i call them and tell them the truth? Should i take the test and they can see the results?
I took the rest of what i had today so I'll have 7 days c clean until my UA. Anyways i don't want to lose my script, i can't. I'm still taking my subs regularly.

I will say i do have a good relationship with the nurse and doctor. I was suppose to start a taper a couple months ago but my grandpa died so they wanted to wait.

Or will it all be flushed out of my system in 7 days?

I also don't have the option of getting anyone's piss. .

Post subject: Re: UA coming up
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:14 pm 

I don't know how accurate this is, but according to google adderall should be gone in 3 days and xanax should be gone in 3-4 days.

That answers your question, but may I ask you why you are consistently taking both drugs? The thing about recovery is that, while suboxone counters withdrawal symptoms and cravings, it doesn't cure your addiction. Suboxone gives you the time and the space to work on your recovery without having to deal with the tough side effects of withdrawal. It sounds like you are doing recovery "light".

I don't like that your doctor is set on tapering you without it being your idea. Data is showing that the longer the buprenorphine treatment, the better the outcome. Addicts who take buprenorphine a year or less are just as likely to relapse as those who haven't taken it at all, so you're talking upwards of 90% relapse.

I realize that you posted this in "Still Messing Around", so maybe I don't have a right to ask these questions. You certainly don't have to answer them.

I wish you a lot of luck.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I shouldn't be taking them and hopefully by next week it will all be out of my system. I just don't want to be kicked out of the pain clinic I'm in. I think even waiting until the day before my appointment is going to look suspicious but that's what i plan on doing. I haven't been doing what i am suppose to be doing with my recovery. I just started seeing a counselor and i plan to get back into the program. I'm just never content being sober.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:29 pm 

All of us are like that. You aren't alone. There are very few of us who haven't at some point slipped up, taken extra suboxone and run out early, or who felt like they needed to treat themselves. We are famous for trying to treat ourselves. And we are also used to the idea that we need to take a pill to feel more normal or better.

You seem young, maybe mid 20s? You are so smart to have started a program of recovery, even if it's not going perfectly yet. It's wonderful that you're seeing a counselor! That's a great step forward.

I really like the SMART Recovery program. There are SMART meetings nationwide, but they are more concentrated in cities. They do have online meetings as well though. Here's a link if you want to take a look:

https://www.smartrecovery.org/

I hope you stay around! One of the things that keeps me grounded in recovery is this forum.

Amy