It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I’ve been on suboxone for a month. The first two weeks I jerked off every day. The past two weeks I have barely even gotten an erection at all and have not ejaculated whatsoever. This is crazy idk what to do. I’m 20.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 pm 

Hi Frank,

This has been discussed a lot but with different questions and not so bluntly. I moved the thread into Freestyle due to its colorful wording. Not that it makes any difference where it is.

Being 20, I too would be alarmed. Most of us have had a reduction in sex drive or libido after being on Suboxone for a bit. What most will recommend is asking your doctor for a blood test to see if your testosterone is heading down. If so, a replacement gel or injection will bring you right back up to par.

How long do you plan on staying on it? If it's for the long term then look into getting checked out. If you plan on stopping in the near future then don't worry about it. All opiates decrease the libido for just about everyone, not just men. Once you get off them completely your sex drive will come back in force. Trust me on this one. It's like on day 5 you'll be at full steam. Then it will take a few days/weeks to get it back to normal again. This symptom does motivate some people to taper and stop. Especially those as young as you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Listen to rule on this one. It comes back with a vengeance. I'm in my early 20s too. Even though I had a few girlfriends while I was on subs, I didn't really think about sex that much tbh, at least not nearly as much as before. Not until I tapered down did my libido come back. But I wish I would've told the doctor that so she could have given me something to remedy that. I also suggest you ask your doc if you plan on staying on subs. And given the fact that in your other thread you said you're back on dope, I'd say staying on subs is a greaaaattttt idea. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah I've talked about this annoying side-effect with a lot of people on Sub down here and we all agree that higher doses of sub put a real downer on your sex life. If Sub is working for you and helping you abstain from using, then I'd suggest reducing until you find a "sweet spot" which balances your craving management with your need for a libido. I'd imagine that being 20, you'd be on a pretty high dose to be experiencing this effect so markedly.

As Rule said, it's totally reversible, thankfully. Unlike steroid abuse (another class of drugs that really messes with your hormones), libido bounces back pretty strong once you reduce off. It even gets to the crazy point where, in the couple of weeks after you come off Sub, all you need is a sexy woman to touch you on the elbow and you'll be making a bee-line to the nearest toilets to spare some embarrassment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:46 pm 

Thanks for putting it ever so politely TJ. I used to say that if the wind blew a slight scent of a woman, that's all it would take for .....well, you know.

Mr. Frank seems to only pop in here to post weird stuff and then disappears again. I wonder if he ever reads these responses back to his original post. Just remember to wash your hands Frank. Sorry for visual.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:08 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I'm a 26yr old female with similar issues myself as far as sex drive goes. I never masturbate because I just don't want to and hardly ever have sex. I just don't get horny. I feel so bad as my significant other is my other half and it has absolutely nothing to do with him. He is amazing and we have a very loving relationship. Its something wrong with me.

This issue has persisted even being at 1mg/day. There is nothing physically wrong with me that should be causing this. Still struggling. Been on subs for almost 4 years. I think part of the problem is depression and my self image/lack of self esteem. But I'm not 100% sure, this is just my guess. I still don't understand why I'm literally NEVER in the mood for sex. I absolutely hate it. My boyfriend is so good to me and I feel like I'm depriving him! But I also deal with chronic pain on a regular basis and that affects every aspect of my life. I still think something is not right though.. it's obviously not normal at our age even with other issues at hand.

I haven't heard many women complain of this issue so I kinda feel like I'm screwed as it seems for women there is no possible quick fix or simple answers like low Testosterone. But def listen to the others, it's quite common for men regardless of age... You should let ur doc know what's going on asap and keep us updated!! There is hope for u! Def get some type of testing done. Your doc will know what to do!! This is not normal and I really hope u get it figured out!

Congrats on your recovery!!!!!!!
Jessica

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Oops sorry guys didn't see how old this was. Hopefully it can still help others that see this!

Jess

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:05 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Amy, yes once the sexual acts are initiated I am definitely into it. It's the getting horny part that I really struggle with. My boyfriend is 40 but has the sex drive of an 18 year old boy LOL he always wants it. But he is so loving and understanding. I just wish I could give him more. And I definitely know what you mean about needing inspiration. My boyfriend and I are basically married and I think once you get comfortable in your relationship the sexual spark is sometimes lost. He is so great to me though and we have an amazing relationship. I just wish my sex drive matched his. I honestly think I'd be much happier. I don't ever have the urge to even masturbate anymore. Maybe I need to invest in a toy for myself and try to increase my drive that way ?

Jess

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jess, I am 40 right now and have an amazing girlfriend and very understanding. I just started subs but had a very low sex drive the last couple years from the opioids I was using every day so I totally understand the not feeling the moment. I don't know if girls are the same but when my girlfriend is wanting it and I am not she just starts rubbing on "Jim and the twins" and doesn't take to long til I am ready and totally into the moment. Maybe your boyfriend can do this to you and help things along. But having a very understanding partner is great though. I find that if I'm not in the mood to just let them try and usually everything will work just fine. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:00 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks for posting Amy! Everything you said makes sense. My boyfriend can definitely tell when I am in pain (which is A LOT unfortunately) so he usually knows when it's just not going to happen.

The pain is controlling my life. I just feel like things would be SO different if I didnt feel like shit all the time! I really want to try to initiate it more. I think maybe getting a vibrator or something would help because I never masturbate and everytime we have sex its like I forgot how much I needed it. LOL if that makes sense.

And we always feel sooo much closer as a couple when its all said and done. Sometimes I just need that connection and closeness but the pain is like a big fence that I cant get through and it stops me from doing the things I wish I could. and it is extremely depressing which only kills my sex drive even more.

I wish it were something simple like hormone levels that could be adjusted. Not knowing why is the worst because you dont know how to make it better!

Jess

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:00 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hahahaha I love that you ended with "Dr. Amy" :lol: :lol: :lol: SO true!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

And unfortunately any type of physical activity can bring about a migraine for me or make an already-existing one much worse. I think its something to do with the rise in heart rate/blood flow that makes my head pound

:cry:

Jess

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:48 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Amy,

I wish it were that simple but it just doesn't work like that for me :cry:

Hopefully the OP will come back and update us!

Jess

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:53 pm 

I deleted a series of posts I wrote that were not particularly helpful. Jess responded to several of them, which is why her posts mention my name and seem to be responding to me without my replies. Jess, if there are any of your posts that you want deleted, I will be happy to delete them for you.

Amy