It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, Queenie here,

With all the talk about the opioid epidemic and it being a Pulic Health Emergency" (it should be a National Emergency) I have seen discussions, documentaries, ads telling people to call for help, etc.. now more than ever.

I have noticed that Suboxone is not mentioned in the recovery processes. At least, I haven't heard it mentioned in what I have seen & read. They talk about Recovery Clinics, counseling, tapering down, almost everything but Suboxone. I wonder if it's a coincidence but I haven't heard it mentioned, although now is the perfect time to make people aware of it.

I certainly hope this epidemic brings about more awareness about Suboxone. It can help so much and now is the perfect for people to know about it. I hope they tell people about it. It would help so much to recover from this horrible disease.

While I'm at it. I posted about the "Chat" room and I check in every time I come here and I find an empty room. I would love to chat with some of you.

I hope you're all doing alright. You know how much I love you.

Hugs, Queenie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:23 am 

Hello Queen Queenie!!

I always say this same thing when I see these commercials about the opiate crisis. I've never heard one mention of buprenorphine. I feel like some ppl think it's shameful or not true recovery. But then I also feel those same ppl would absolutely put their sons or daughters in buprenorphine treatment if they truly had to face addiction and look it in the eyes. They may not admit it because they've been on the 'anti bupe' bandwagon until they actually see addiction..... then they'll see what really works because they have thought all this time it's all about willpower. That's a scenario I usually think about.

I've even noticed on that show Intervention (it's about families of addicts having an intervention trying to get their loved ones into a rehab center) they never show buprenorphine in a positive light. I've actually saw several episodes where they're showing addicts abusing bupe. They only show negatives. I wish they'd followed me around during my transition from rehab to using to buprenorphine, they'd have seen just how life changing it can be for those of us ready for recovery. It is frustrating Queenie, for sure! Sorry about that whole rant lol I get pretty upset by ppl who shed bupe as negative.

About the chat function, I always thought it didn't work or something was wrong with it. That's why I never tried it. I'm also always on my phone so I don't know if I can access it that way. I'd definitely go to the computer if I could chat with some of u though. Maybe there's nothing wrong with it and I've been thinking there was all this time :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello my Jenn,

Definitely, that's how I feel about it. I had forgotten "Intervention". That is the show that never mentions bupe in a positive way. It seems to me that the person on the show has to go through withdrawal. hey never show what happens from the day they go into treatment until a week later. I do remember another show called "Addicted" that mentioned Bupernorphine often. That show is not on TV anymore.

Thanks for responding to my post. I hope you are doing well. I love you, sweets.

If you can , try the chat room. When I first came here 7 1/2 years ago, that is where everyone got together, welcomed me & helped me.

Take care of yourself,

Love Queenie

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:26 am 

I will definitely try the chat room soon Queenie! I'd be honored to chat with u and others here (not the haters lol).

I saw that show addicted once I think. I did like that show. I'm not sure if it's the one I'm thinking of with a blond lady kind of counseling addicts into seeking help..... I definitely liked that one.

I'll ask the other mods if the chat function works. If it does that would be awesome!!

Love you Queenie!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I recently saw an episode of Intervention where the said the person was addicted to Suboxone. It's pretty bad when they are claiming that the drug that has helped so many people is now a drug that requires an intervention. Makes me suspicious of everything that show does now. I have to wonder if they are funded by a group like Scientology who believes that all psychological problems can be fixed without medication.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:35 pm 

Yes! I saw an episode where it documented this lady that went to a bupe doctor then sold their medication to go get heroin. They literally followed her into the appointment and filmed the whole conversation between her and her doctor. The doctor was about to change her to weekly visits because she'd previously been in trouble for something. This lady sweet talks her doctor into one more chance and I felt like they showed all that to possibly show how 'easy' it is to get the medication. We all know it's a lot more in depth than that. That made me pretty mad because that's not how it's always done so...... yeah intervention rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I saw that episode of intervention. It made me furious because they are taking a medication that saved our lives and putting it in a different light altogether. An ugly light.

I don't see how anyone can say they are addicted to Suboxone. We all know it is not addictive. I agree with Sylvia, I'm getting a certain feeling about that show.

Well, I want all of you to stay on the right path. If you are on subs, take your dosage. If you feel, for some reason, you are slipping, get help, tallk to someone, talk to your doctor but don't give in to those devil drugs that are waiting to trick you again. Don't fall for it.

I love you all so much.

Hugs,
Queenie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

QUEENIE!!! Hey love, How are you? SO good to see your thread and I too am like what the heck?? Why don't you hear much about Suboxone mainstream? Now one thing that I have been hearing more and more about is that shot that starts with a "V". It is just a blocker. It seems there are court programs that are being more lenient on drug addicts with charges who chose to take the shot every month. But still hardly any mention of Suboxone and when it is, it is usually negative. What gives! Sad... Any way just wanted to chime in on this. I hope everyone is doing well. Queenie, it's going to be getting cold up there where you are real soon. Bundle up. Take care and I love you. Your forum friend, Angie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:48 am 

I can tell you all what gives here with Suboxone or MAT. Nobody believe s it is
a good thing to give drugs to drug addicts!!
The press,TV shows like Intervention or Addicted are all trad 12 step based . Taking Buperenorphine
to most people in the world is still Useing to them. Why? Because people who are successful like many of us on MAT will not or can not stand up for it in public. All due to the shame it would bring. Tbe lack of understanding on how this great medicine works is also the problem. I deal with it every week in group. Amazes me .
Monday we spent an hour trying to convince a a new patient, who is doing well by the way, that he isn't trading one drug for another. His life changed in a week being on sub. But his wife and father DONT LIKE IT. This subject always fires me up..boy.....
I stopped watching thoses shows couple,a years ago. Yes, there funded by the old school rehabs. There just are not many who can open up about being on this med in public. I did it once and I payed a small price for it 3 years ago. We are up against a big wall here. And with the Vitriol shot being marketed as the save all blocker ,Bupe is getting pushed back even further imo.
There is so much to read out there on this. Its not that people don't know about suboxone,its that most things written about it are poor . One great artical : "Dieing to be Free" Huffington Post. On line. It is loug and pro suboxone. I hope everyone will read this one day. ..Good subject Queenie!!!!
Forgive any mispellings.I just woke up and it s early...

Razor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Very true about having to keep it secret. Sub is my deep dark secret and only one friend knows and I met him at the clinic. We're both long timers over 10 years and a great support to each other. I won't tell another soul because I know I'll be judged harshly and once you open up that can of worms there is no way to put them back.

shows like Intervention don't help. I would love to see their statics of success with long term abstinence. Even Dr Phil who always brags that he isn't judgmental is totally judgmental towards MT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:38 pm 

Really? Dr. Phil is against MAT? That sucks because I really like him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well it could be a huge assumption on my part but he had a guest on who was "addicted" to suboxone among other substances. That he added suboxone to her list of addictions gave me the impression that he wasn't in favor of it. He could have used that episode to make a statement like "when used correctly suboxone can be a very effective tool to keep an addict off the streets and back to a productive life" but he didn't which made me think he's not a fan. Neither is Dr Drew which is too bad cause he is so hot :lol: :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:47 pm 

Oh yeah I knew Dr Drew wasn't a fan and that sucks because I really wanted him to be supportive of suboxone. I remember him and Adam Carolla having this debate over bupe and Adam was supporting it. It disappointed me that Dr Drew didn't though..... and I also think he's hot..... a kind of nerdy hot :)