It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, when I take my first dose in the morning I get very motivational. No more this what am I going to get high on to take away the pain stuff.

But around 2:00 I lose it and get really lethargic. Kinda almost sick. I think this is why they had me on two doses but I know a second dose wouldn’t boost me like the first dose would. Just increase side effects.

So is it the fact that it’s just making me have a normal life Ian what’s giving me the motivation or is it the actual sub giving me motivation. I know my life is better off now than what it was four weeks ago. But it’s still not perfect as anyone’s life is.

I still have cravings to get messed up but it ain’t on opiates. It is more gabapentin but I refuse to get high on anything because I made it a goal to get clean.

So is this motivation I feel in the morning the bupe or just my normal self?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:41 am 

I think it's just a clean slate and the start of your new life that makes you feel motivated in the morning. I don't know about you, but I get a little sleepy every afternoon, I always have.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

sonicwhite wrote:
Well, when I take my first dose in the morning I get very motivational. No more this what am I going to get high on to take away the pain stuff.

But around 2:00 I lose it and get really lethargic. Kinda almost sick. I think this is why they had me on two doses but I know a second dose wouldn’t boost me like the first dose would. Just increase side effects.

So is it the fact that it’s just making me have a normal life Ian what’s giving me the motivation or is it the actual sub giving me motivation. I know my life is better off now than what it was four weeks ago. But it’s still not perfect as anyone’s life is.

I still have cravings to get messed up but it ain’t on opiates. It is more gabapentin but I refuse to get high on anything because I made it a goal to get clean.

So is this motivation I feel in the morning the bupe or just my normal self?

Its most definitely the suboxone and i'm shocked if anyone tries to tell you otherwise. Subxone works on your neurotransmitters and overtime, your brain will start to rely on it for all motivation. that is why coming off this stuff is near impossible the longer you wait. Taper as soon as you can, or you'll be in a world of pain like a lot of us that are stuck.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:31 pm 

Nice to Know You,

For one, this post is a bit old so the OP probably won't read your response. Second, there is not any evidence that the longer you are on Suboxone the worse it is to get off. Not sure where you heard that or maybe it's a personal experience.

We have numerous members who were on Suboxone for many years and had no more problem getting off of it than those who did it earlier. There just isn't any fact based studies confirming that and personal opinions are not facts. All you're managing to do is scare people

Staying on Suboxone until an addict is ready to stop may take a long time. Telling someone to get off it as fast as possible is putting their life in danger as they may slip back to active addiction. Minimum, a year on it is suggested. The brain needs to get reset from the addict mindset and that can take a long time. Or maybe they just feel life is fine staying on it for life or whatever.

I just don't want the people here to think it's a medication that is short term. It is not. The length of time on it makes little to no difference when deciding to stop.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:25 pm 

I also want to say that I don’t have any type of crash in the middle of the day from buprenorphine. If you’re getting sleepy in the daytime, guess what that could be from....... life. Suboxone isn’t supposed to make us feel like flying through the day with the energy we had in active addiction. We take it and go on, anything that happens is life happening.

Do I get a small boost of energy after I dose in the morning, sometimes, not always. If I do, I imagine it would be like a cup of coffee. The rest of the day is up to us and normal life. Saying suboxone is why someone would get a crash in the middle of the day isn’t correct imo.

Once your body is dependent on something physically, then it doesn’t matter if its been 6 months or 6 years, it is the same effect when stopping. In rehab going through detox, the ppl that had been using for a year was just as uncomfortable as those of us that had been using several years.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:24 pm 

NiceToKnowYou wrote:

Its most definitely the suboxone and i'm shocked if anyone tries to tell you otherwise. Subxone works on your neurotransmitters and overtime, your brain will start to rely on it for all motivation. that is why coming off this stuff is near impossible the longer you wait. Taper as soon as you can, or you'll be in a world of pain like a lot of us that are stuck.

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Nicetoknowyou,

Maybe you should do your research a little more thoroughly, because this medication, like everyone else has said, is meant to be taken over a long period of time. I'd also suggest not posting something that you know nothing about, it's very... Ignorant. I'm 100% with Rule when he says you could scare some folks here, who are trying to make their lives better. Telling someone to get off this medication as soon as possible is like telling someone to walk right into a tornado; they will be more prone to relapse & they will get sucked right back into active addiction.

Could you prove your statement? Alot of us here would love to see more data backing up your claim.

Ash