It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all,
So this is my first time posting here. Ill try to keep this as short and to the point as possible.
I've been on 16mg of Suboxone films (2 8mg strips/day) for the past 7 years. Never had a hot urine, never, EVER had a problem until now.
I went for my usual unrine last week and everything was fine (drugs negative, bup. positive.)
Then today I got an alert from my insurance that i had a new test result. It was a levels breakdown of my Suboxone, and it was flagged.
I don't understand any of this ng/ml stuff, or what my levels should be for what I take - all I know is in my 7 years of being on Suboxone I've never seen this test before, and I've never had an problem as far as levels go (or at least my doctor has never told me about it).
According to the test, ill try to attach a screenshot, my BUP levels were 329 ng/ml, and my Nobuprenorphine levels were 1054 ng/ml. I don't know if that's high or low or why it's being flagged as abnormal, but it is.

Can someone please explain this to me? I have taken them the same way every day for 7 years and have never had an issue until now. I'm really at a loss for words, and def. cannot afford to be kicked off the program.

Attachments:
PhotoGrid_1505242962863.jpg
PhotoGrid_1505242962863.jpg [ 223.85 KiB | Viewed 86 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My reading would be that the clinic did not indicate to the testing lab that you were on Suboxone, hence, flagged for being positive.
You should be fine.
Another case of an insurance company practicing medicine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Longer explanation:
The cutoff for buprenorphine is 5 ng/ml, meaning anyone above that is taking buprenorphine, in your case, a good thing. Somebody on probation and not having a prescription, troubling.
You are well above the cutoff for norbuprenorphine, a metabolite of buprenorphine, again meaning you are taking buprenorphine.
Occasionally, someone will drop a bit of film or tab in their urine so buprenorphine will show up, but norbuprenorphine will not be present.
Hopefully, your doctor will give you the thumbs up, and tell the insurance company to do something anatomically impossible.