It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for your kind words Amy! You should see the remnants of people's entire homes dumped on the streets! It's almost unbelievable if I didn't see it every day myself. Our great Mayor Sylvester Turner is working very hard to get all of this trash picked up & disposed of ASAP. Let me tell you, this is no small feat!

My BFF's neighborhood surely must be one of the worst. She sits right on Buffalo Bayou which continues to run like a fast river due to the release of 2 reservoirs to keep them from breaching (which of course would be a Katrina-like disaster). I see it every day when I drop her off.

God has really been looking out for me. I had just totally adjusted to 4 mg and am feeling so normal. It's a great feeling. I'm getting the 4 mg strips now & got the professional cutting paper to make sure that I'm getting what I'm supposed to be taking. I highly recommend it to anyone taking the strips.

I've been able to emotionally & physically deal with Hurricane Harvey. What a blessing. As bad as it is, it could have been worse for me had I not begun to actually feel the "normal" that everyone on long term maintenance talks about.

Well, that's it for me. Thanks for caring!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 am 

Hey Dee! U were definitely blessed and we are so happy to hear that. U were in our thoughts. The American ppl sure did step up and really help those who lost everything. That was really amazing to see, especially at a time our country was so frustrated with one another.

My fiancées friend that he speaks to every day (he is an older gentlemen who lives by himself) lives in Sebring Florida which is where hurricane Irma hit pretty heavy. He had some damage to his home and still hasn't gotten his electricity bk yet. He said an engineer came to his home a few days ago and told him it'd probably be another two weeks before they could get it bk on. I couldn't imagine that. Plus Florida isn't exactly a place you'd want to live without air conditioning. Bless his heart, I just feel for everyone who's had to go through anything like this. U guys are extremely strong!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh Jennifer I'm so sorry to hear about your fiance's friend in FL. Being w/o power in FL at this time of year must be grueling. This also happened to my BFF back during Hurricane Rita. Her power was off for 2 weeks & it was tough. Of course she came to live with me & DH (dear hubby).

We on the Gulf Coast must suffer through these horrendous acts of nature every now & then. It just seems like lately it's been happening more and are worse than ever. FL has certainly seen it's share of catastrophe too.

I'll keep him in my prayers.

My BFF will be living with us now for a very very long time. So many people lost so much and there's only so many contractors to go around to rebuild from all this destruction.

My life has changed drastically due to this situation. I now have to drive her everywhere because her car was totaled too. I haven't cooked a meal in 4 years (she is my cook) and I'm back to grocery shopping & cooking 7 nights a week for 3 people along with DH & I keeping our business up & running.

Oh well, at least I'm off those awful pills and well adjusted to a very comfortable dosage on Sub. What a blessing that is!

Again, I'm sorry for your fiance's friend in FL without electricity.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:42 am 

Oh Dee! How wonderful that you and your family have opened up your home and your lives for your friend! Even if you do it willingly and lovingly, it won't be easy on you. I really admire that you are willing to make such a huge sacrifice to help others! You are a very special person!!

Amy