It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:47 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I FINALLY found a dr who could/would help me and I could not have asked for a better person/situation. You will not be treated like a criminal, no forced 12-step program, and no drug tests-for those of us who like trees too :). I just started Saturday and that was rough but much better. Sunday was good but still felt the weight of the world on my shoulders and a little weird. Monday, I am truly myself again and its nice. The hard part is finding who you were I think before euphoria set in for an extended period of time.

Send me a private message if you live near Albany NY and cannot find help like me. I will provided you a name number.She is a distinguished professor at UAlbany, been doing this for 23 yrs, psychiatrist, and works nights and weekends!!!!! She has space too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:05 pm 
Hey Durando! Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you've found a Suboxone doctor you like and that you've gotten started in recovery! I think you'll find more and more relief over the coming days and weeks as you stabilize on Sub. While it's nice in some ways to have a doc who is not real strict about meetings and drug tests, it really does leave the ball in your court in terms of supplementing your Suboxone treatment with other healthy recovery practices. I hope you have someone to whom you are accountable in recovery, someone who knows of your addiction and will be there to encourage you when times get tough. Getting clean from opiates is only one part of much larger puzzle if you want to improve your life over the long term. I've personally tried the NA route and didn't find it to be something I could or wanted to stick with over time. However, I think that it's very important to become educated about addiction by attending an outpatient program or some type of meeting group at least for a while. These orange pills we take are helpful indeed in so, so many ways, but they're not an outright "cure." If you're like most of us (and most likely you are) you've got a lot of things in your life that your addiction has messed up. And that's going take time, lots of self-reflection, and lots of effort to fix. It sounds like you've taken the first step....that is awesome! Enjoy your new found peace and hope, then get to work. Odds are...your life is getting ready to take a wonderful turn in a good direction! I'm so happy for you. Please come back and post more of your story and thanks for offering to refer people in your area to your doctor. We need to get the word out in every way we can that there is help and hope available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Durando,

You said:
durando22 wrote:
The hard part is finding who you were I think before euphoria set in for an extended period of time.

You are SO right! It's been just over a year on suboxone and I'm still re-learning who I am.

Welcome to a great forum. And congrats on your recovery.

Melissa

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:46 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Can I bump this thread for information?

I'm also in the Albany area in need of a sub doc. Not sure why the name wasn't just given (its not a drug source, its a doctor) in the original post but, whatever.

BTW, first post, still need a doctor. I'm clean right now, but my risk for relapse is just stupid high.

So! I already sent you a PM Durando22, and your original post isn't all that old so I hope you check back soon...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am looking for a suboxone doctor in the Albany area. I need to find one other than vitality group and preferably a private one as ones that take insurance take too long to get into. I would appreciate it! Thanks so much:)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello I was wondering if you know of any sub doctors in Albany I can't find anything and I have been on them for three years now

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Did anyone ever find doctors in Albany?
I'm relocated from the hurricane and my rx is out. I need help FAST!!! relapse inevitable w/o them been on them 3 yrs also