It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:23 pm 

Aww owlcrow ur doggie seems so sweet! What I was wanting to say was about our cat (which still lives at my moms after I moved out). He just showed up one day, this beautiful furry solid black cat. My youngest son relentlessly kept on until this cat started trusting us and eventually we started keeping him inside. He wouldn't use a litter box and went to the door every time he needed to go potty. He goes outside and in 5 minutes he's bk at the sliding doors. We've had him for 8 years now. I just thought it was so awesome how he doesn't need a litter box and thankfully goes out all by himself.

Ur doggie must have had that same feeling of....... going in the house ewwww lol :) Animals are so wonderful. My bunny hasn't ever had accidents either, he knows to go in his cage to potty. If he hadn't known to do that on his own, I would have never been able to teach him, I'm just no good at that, probably because I'm a very impatient person.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Jennifer,

Your cat sounds cool I never heard of anyone else's cat that did the outdoors for a litter box thing.

My dog is a sweet thing, (thanks) people love their pets.

Also I had a bunny when I was a kid and it was like a cat and went in a litter box. Just put it out and it went to it, not sure if that is a normal thing for bunny's but do remember that from when I was a kid.

Take Care

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, Lord YES our fur babies at wonderful, don't know what I would do without my two house dogs and house cat. They keep me so much company during the day and protection, I feel like anyway, at night. Sounds like yall both, Owlcrow and Jenn have pretty smart animals. I hope everyone is doing alright. Your forum friend, Angie

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:02 pm 

Fur babies are the best! What a lot of ppl don't realize with bunnies is they're so much like cats! They can litter box train and they love to cuddle and they bond with u just like a dog or kitty. They also clean themselves like cats do, I had no idea they did that. They do these little binky's and it's so cute.

I think I'm getting a new baby lop for Christmas and I'm so excited!!! But the crappy thing is, if bunnies haven't grown up together u have to bond them over time or it could be a fight to the death. Sooooo that could be complicated lol. Anyway I'll stop talking about it and owlcrow I'm sorry I took ur thread on a different direction but thank u for mentioning ur pet, I love hearing about everyone's pets.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Jennifer,

No problem taking my thread over to talk pets, love the subject. I think most people who have pets like to talk about them.
I also learned from you that bunny's can litter box train so the one I had as a kid was not so unusual.
If you get another bunny for Christmas I bet it will be quite interesting to get your bunny's to like each other so they don't have to fight to the death. Geez that is another thing I would have never guessed. They seem so nice I would have never guessed they would act up upon meeting. Hmm interesting.
My dog is about 30 lbs. she is from a farm. She is a mix of a few different breeds. Australian Shepard, Rat Terrier, Pomeranian, and Blue Healer. Cute as can be and quite a character with loads of doggie personality.
Anyhow all is well here doing fine sleep is returning to normal and my days at work are not a pain anymore, I have been a lot happier and days are much better, I am in a better place than a year ago by far.

Take Care and feel free to talk pets anytime.

Randy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:33 am 

Owlcrow ur doggie sounds so sweet! I think everyone needs a pet for companionship. I find myself talking away carrying on a one sided conversation with my bunny all the time. Now if I ever get a reply I'll probably run out of the house scared to death but then again that would be so cool. Yeah, bunnies have to be bonded or they can possibly fight to the death. How disturbing that would be right? They look so innocent! U should see them thump their back foot, it's amazing lol.

I hope u continue to update ur progress owlcrow, it's so important imo. I think we all want to know how ur doing and personally I wish I was mentally where u are at. I can only imagine the journey u have had and u should be so very proud!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Jennifer,

I talk to my dog as you do your bunny. She has gestures that assure me she is listening, especially if I mention food. Yeah I share my feedings with her. She eats off a fork/spoon and is so darn cute it is hard to refuse her a share of whatever I am eating (within reason).
I plan to stay active in the forum including relaying how I am doing post suboxone.
I couldn't help but laugh when I read how you talk to your bunny. I so much do the same thing sort of narrate things I am doing to Lucy (dogs name). She loves to go for rides to the store and what not, every time I grab my keys and she hears them she gets excited and "asks" if she can come.
I take her places with me a lot, and play fetch often with balls, Frisbee and stuffed animals when we play in the house. Your right as far as pets making good companions. I live alone so my pup and I are pretty close as far as being buddies.
I have even told my dog to just talk to me at times when she looks likes she is trying to say something, and also told her not to worry I won't tell anyone just to see if it would work (lol) it hasn't yet.
Oh well I'll ttyl take care

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 am 

Yes lol! I'll say something like 'I guess I'll do these dishes Gizmo or I guess I'll water the plants if u want to go with me' it's like I'm the most boring person in America and still detailing my every move. Unlike u though I can't take my bunny places, he'd freak out, so when he hears keys rattling, he knows I'm leaving :( Anyway I promise I'll stop responding lol I just can't help myself sometimes because I feel like nobody much (around me anyway) knows much or how great a bunny can be pet wise. They live up to 12 years....... ok ok I'll stop now :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You sound a lot like me with your talking to animals. I also narrate things I am going to do or am doing to my pup. I will tell her I have to take a shower now, or do the dishes/ wash now and things like that.
I guess living alone for me and having a pet takes away from being lonely. Lucy and I never argue (lol) or fight, although she can get a bit demanding when it comes to begging for stuff.
I enjoy hearing about your bunny encounters and think it is great that you have shared some with me.
I owe a lot to my pet for she actually aided in giving me reasons for straightening out my act. I know when I was strung out she knew there was something not right with me. I can tell she is much happier now I have made a turn around. Pets can bring so much to a person if they let them. I think how a person treats a pet shows a lot about their character.
When I see someone being mean to an animal it angers me, some people don't deserve to have pets. Others do I believe we are both in the deserving crowd.
Nice chat a bit off the norm for things related to this site but I find it refreshing.
Ttyl take care,

Randy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey owlcrow. I just wanted to check up on you and see how you're doing. We both started this jump together and I'm really proud of you for staying off and handling this so gracefully. You definitely helped me with this whole process.

Knowing that I wasn't alone and someone else was going through the same thing I was definitely kept me going. I don't have any physical symptoms at all anymore and haven't for a while. I still have to push myself to get motivated but I think that is improving as well.
I know sleep was much more of a problem for you as it was for me in the months after your jump. How are you doing with that? Also, how would you describe your mental state as of now? Look forward to hearing from you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:57 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't have any symptoms I could think of anymore. Sleep has always been a bit of an issue for me. I am doing good with that now to. I get 6 to 7 hours and once in a while less. I am sleeping during a time where is feels like I am more rested throughout the day I am waking an hour before I have to leave for work instead of 2 or 3 hours before hand. That really helps.
Getting motivated is not bad I just do what I have to do if you know what I mean. Some days it is easy and others get a bit rough but I think everyone has good and bad days.
Good to hear from you and that things are better for you. I know going through the holidays for the first time for me I can remember without being with drug issues really hits home. I feel rather good about not having to search for something to make it through each day, the money problems and all the other "bad things" addiction brings. I'll take things the way they are now and a bit of reflecting really measures the progress if you know what I mean. So as far as mental state that about sums it up. I know I am in a much better place now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8