It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks I am on day 48. I am feeling pretty darn good I'd have to say. I am beginning to experience the recovery of my long lost personality. I talk more, have had a change in physical feeling of lagging energy as well. It was not long ago when getting up to let the dog outside was a chore, (poor dog_) but now I am able to do things without having to force myself to move around. My taper is beginning to have paid off in a big way, the worries about the end, how I will feel tomorrow and all the things associated seem to have slipped by me now. I am thinking I will improve more so after I surpass the 60 and 90 day time frame. Geez 60 days is only 12 days out at this point, what a great thought. I will check in periodically and relay my experience.
If anyone is wondering my sleep is still at 6 hours per night and waking early is still a thing but I don't fight it anymore I just get up and go on about my day. I can't wait till I can sleep till an alarm wakes me but there is no telling if or when that will happen. My folks always told me that you need less sleep as you age, not sure if that is a factor but I am turning 55 very soon. As far as cravings go "none" no desire have not given it a thought I think at this stage I have learned over time how evil heroin is and trading my soul for another "round" is not something I care to deal with ever again. I have wasted so much time over many years chasing highs and trying to stave off sickness between scoring. And the money ... everyone knows how that goes.
I went the Methadone route for a very long time and if I had to compare that with Suboxone I think suboxone has benefits over methadone. There was no daily trips while on Suboxone and I also decided when and how to quit by myself through trial and error. The methadone clinic totally controlled so much of my time and regulated doses to the point I felt I was under their thumb. With Suboxone I had one month of once a week. One month of every other week and avoided the daily trips, gas and expense. I paid out of pocket for Methadone for 6 years and towards the end it was 120 a week even while tapering the amount of the dose did not affect the cost which makes one think there getting ripped off if your paying the same for a small dose as a person getting 200 mgs. It's a mind game with Methadone in many ways. Suboxone was much easier to use and took away cravings and when I tapered they stayed at bay. Methadone was not like that I craved like hell during the taper and was exposed to dope of all kinds at the clinic, the place was like a dopers drug store. With suboxone it is much easier to put distance between those who use I think if someone wants to get clean they need to disconnect from other active addicts, the "cycle" is too hard to break otherwise. Well I am done blabbing for now ......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:05 am 

Great job on day 48!!!! That is magnificent :)

Looking forward to more updates from ur journey.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Jennifer,

I plan to visit the forum for some time, it seems to help me keep things into prospective and I also have a place to look back, sort of a diary so to speak. Who knows somebody may benefit from this as well. I know I was terrified to taper (fear of withdrawal I have had some bad ones) and there did not seem to be a lot of positive information out there. I am thinking that something I read which was the people who have trouble linger for help and whatnot and those who have no troubles just go about their lives. During trying times the posts I could find that were not horror stories helped me to gain the courage to follow through with the desire to be off everything and change my ways.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:50 am 

Ur absolutely right! The ppl who have positive outcomes seem to go on and not worry about posting anymore. I get that but I wish they'd see it differently like paying it forward to the ppl who could really use a positive journey to the next chapter. Pelican, a member here, has been so awesome about doing that. He's been off buprenorphine for years and still helps ppl on this forum constantly. I hope u can do that too. Ppl will definitely look to u for guidance and information. I hope u continue here for a loooong time :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tomorrow I will reach the two month mark 60 days! I feel good during the day and have had no cravings or desire to use. My sleep is a bit sketchy but I am sleeping 5 to 7 hours each night. Last weekend I slept quite a bit I got a good 9 hours but not in the window of time that I would have liked but I will take what I can get. I guess after all this time I am beginning to realize that you will sleep when your body needs it. Recovery is a process and even when your off the medication there are still things to deal with.
I have not had any depression or physical issues whatsoever so I am glad about that. All in all I am doing pretty well. Work is much easier than in the beginning as well, I get through the day without any agony at this point. During the taper work was a bit trying but doable. I will post in the near future to relay any further outcomes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 pm 

Congratulations on the two month mark! I hope that you are on your way to long term success! Thank you for keeping us apprised on how you're doing. It's very helpful to the folks who will follow in your footsteps. Good luck with your continued success!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:11 pm 

Your experience is a top notch thread here on the forum. Everything we've been stating all along was verified by your taper and jump.

Congratulations on doing it the right way. And score another point for Suboxone doing the job it's intended to do.

Glad to hear the sleep is slowing getting better. And please, do pop in from time to time for an update. Those who are trying to stop need to read your posts.

r

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7