Tongue Up or Down with Film Strips?

Questions I've received about buprenorphine, Suboxone, Zubsolv, and addiction treatments... and my answers.
AshersMommy
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tongue Up or Down with Film Strips?

Post by AshersMommy » Tue May 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Ok, so I've been on the strips for about a month and I'm still unsure how to take them. I've watched the videos on the Suboxone website, but nothing answers my question!

When you put the strip under your tongue, are you supposed to put your tongue down (like you normally would if you weren't talking or doing anything) or are you supposed to keep your tongue kind of up towards the roof of your mouth till it dissolves?

donh
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Tongue Up or Down with Film Strips?

Post by donh » Tue May 12, 2015 7:33 pm

I really don't think it matters. The mucus membranes are found throughout the mouth. Some brands of Bup are designed to adhere to the inside cheek. I know back when I was an active paramedic we would spray sublingual nitroglycrine anywhere in the mouth and it worked just fine.

I currently take about 0.6 mg of Bup every 12 hours by cutting an 8 mg strip. That's a rather small piece. I just stick it on the roof of my mouth and let it disolve and this works great. I can detect no difference than when placing it under the tongue. Clearly at this low dose I would notice.

It really seems to be a bigger deal of how long you let it absorb, how dry the mouth is, that you don't eat, drink and if possible, don't talk. Don't swallow either. These issues are much more important.

Try experimenting for yourself. I'm betting you won't detect any difference on top of, underneath or away from the tongue.

rule62

Post by rule62 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Tongue down and try not to think so much about it. It may feel like you're generating too much saliva but just go with the flow. Some won't swallow their spit, others will, like me.

Welcome to the forum!

rule
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:38 am

I have tried dissolving it under-neath the tongue and also on-top of the tongue which I prefer.
I dose every 2 days to save money as I only pay $6 for the pharmacist to give me my 16mg dose every 2 days and plus I get to take home 16mg too which is free.
Anyway,I find that after 24 hours, I was getting withdrawal effects like runny nose, yawning and fatigue and lack of motivation. This was taking it underneath the tongue and ALSO on-top of the tongue. Sometimes I would just lie in bed all day as I felt like doing nothing. An hour after I would take my 16mg dose though I felt totally amazing, like a rush breezes through my body. I felt like doing stuff and have so much energy...

After 2 weeks, the withdrawal effects are no more. My 16mg dose now does not give me withdrawal effects after 24 hours. I feel fine until my next dose day. I still get the rush and huge motivation urges though, thank god.

I guess my body was just getting used to a different dose routine?