It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:47 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I haven’t had the need to get illicit opiates for over 10 years but lots of things have changed and high dosage patients have a very hard time getting prescriptions,even when legitimate.
I have a friend who needs higher doses and even after spinal surgery has problems getting prescriptions or getting them filled after written.

With all the new laws on opiates will that effect doctors that write suboxone or patients that need it?

I guess this is a miscellaneous suboxone issue but it could also be posted in legal issues.

Has anyone had any problems getting scripts written or filled that might relate to all these changes?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:14 pm 

Hi Rob,

So far we haven't seen any problem getting Suboxone filled. The DEA and other government entities are going after the opiate pain meds like there's no tomorrow. Innocent pain patients are being denied their prescriptions being filled by the pharmacies, who say they fill too many already and were told to cut back. The patients are left w/o their meds and end up going into w/d's instead.

A horrible, horrible injustice to those who are not addicts like us. No one knows the answer yet or how people with severe pain will be treated.

Yes, too many scripts were given out over the years to many people who didn't need them. But the way they're going about it now is awful for those who always took the correct dosage and didn't abuse. All patients are now being looked at like us. What other drug can a pain patient get to help? IDK.

Hopefully, one day in the future we'll have it calm down and the people that need pain meds can get them. Some kind of better monitoring I guess.

Which reminds me of when Suboxone came out in film form. My doctor said it would put a halt to the abuse because there is a barcode on the packaging and it can be traced back to the patient who sold it. That never happened and we all know that drug dealers would just take it out of the packaging and sell it that way. They probably figured that out beforehand and just never even tried to track it. Not a bad idea though.

Rest assured, Suboxone is still available as far as we know. If you find out something different, let us know here on the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Has anyone had a problem getting their Suboxone filled? I was just on Twitter, doctors are complaining as there is a chain being encouraged not to fill Suboxone. I don't know anything else but it has me worried.

I looked up suboxone to try to see a conversion chart from suboxone, I found one that said 8 mg of Suboxone is equivalent to 45 mg of morphine so I guess if they are using the 90mme then 24 mg would go over.

I'm really grasping at straws.

Thank you
D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Rob,

What i am hoping with this Opiod Crisis in the US, is that Subs are EASIER to get. I am hoping that any Doctor can prescribe this life saving med. What would be nice is if the Patient cap be raised and affordable Subs to the public.

We will see in the coming years if this will happen. I do feel sorry for the legit pain patients that need relief and are having to jump through more hoops for pain control.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dee, because of the ceiling effect, the mme of buprenorphine is the same at 4 mg as it is at 16 or 24 mg. I've written to the people who do state PDMP's to correct that error, because many were just taking the potency at a low dose and extrapolating to higher doses-- which is not correct.

And yes- I've seen an increase in programs at least in WI over the past year. It seems to me that more people are 'getting it' about the poor treatment results after a month or two of abstinence-based treatment.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much suboxdoc, I didn't realize I had gotten a reply. I guess because it wasn't my post.

I have been seeing people having problems getting their suboxone filled. Not a lot but I was concerned. I saw where back in May CVS said they would not fill suboxone. I think that has changed.

I am trying to find information, maybe I should post a question.

My husband is very close to induction and I am trying to learn all I can, thank you again