It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Drained, but determined.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everybody, I am new to this message board. New to any message board I should say, but definitely not new to reading posts. So I apologize if I'm posting somewhere I shouldn't be etc.
I am a 37 year old female who is now 10 days clean. A little history about my addiction/recovery...I began taking Tramadol approximately 3 years ago. It's really sad that I don't remember when I began abusing opiates but I don't for sure. I was only taking one a day, as needed. Not every day. To make a long story short, I was caring for a sick parent and multiple traumas occurred in my life thereafter. My best friend of 19 years died. (From an overdose I might add), an ex family member attempted to burn down our house with all of us inside and then my mom passed away. All within 9 months of one another. I've never had good coping skills as I came from one abusive family to the next as a child. Both of my biological parents were/are severe addicts and alcoholics as well, and as I'm sure most of you know, heredity plays a part in addiction. Anyway, after these events occured, it became increasingly difficult to keep up with my day to day responsibilities caring for three children, a husband, home, school and grieving father as well as my own grief. So it escalated from there. I always tried to take only Tramadol but if that wasn't available, I'd take whatever opiate pill I could get. It was always in the back of my mind how my friend died so believe it or not, I was cautious. Stupid, but as cautious as an addict could be. I never snorted, injected or took so many pills that I nodded out. But it's addiction and unhealthy no matter how you spin it, I know. About eleven months ago, I knew I needed help as my tolerance had grew to an unnerving height. I went to a suboxone Dr and began taking one 8mg strip once a day. I always took it as prescribed the entire time I was on it as I have been very serious about ending this since. This past August was my last appointment because we could not afford the appointments or prescriptions anymore. Each visit, they always prescribed more than I needed so I had quite the stockpile to taper and wasn't TOO worried I guess. Until it came time to stop. Fear of not being able to stay sober and withdrawals of course crept in, so I stretched it out as long as I could until ten days ago when I took my last tiny tiny peice and began the lengthy process of detox and recovery. It has not been easy and at times, I've felt as if I was going to lose my mind over lack of sleep and restlessness and pain but for the first time in years, I'm mentally ok! I never quite understood the saying, even while in school to become a chemical dependency counselor (yep, sure was. Crazy right?) But it's so true. It's a huge mind game and if you don't have good support around you and the determination to quit, it's so much more difficult than it needs to be. I finally slept for the first whole night last night since I started this so I know own things are beginning to look up a bit, yay! I've also been fighting off a severe upper respiratory infection which makes me tremble every time I attempt to get up but that too, shall pass. I haven't been using any non prescription medications other than my newly prescribed antibiotics and I have to admit, it feels amazing! I guess the reason for this post is to let others know they are not alone, ever, in this journey. Don't let the guilt and regret over cloud what you're truly capable of doing with your life after addiction. I did for way too long and I have to admit, numbing myself was definitely a waste of my time, health and money. However, I did not really feel that way while I was using. I was to the point of not caring about anything or if I even lived. Every day I'd look at my beautiful family and want to get out of this hellish mouse trap but not be able to. So I am grateful, extremly grateful. Suboxone was a life saver for me. I had some issues health wise while on it but it helped me to condition myself into a more sober pattern of thinking. I am growing weary of feeling fatigued and trembling and my heart constantly pounding but I keep reminding myself, it shall pass, and this is the only way to go. Life really is too short to waste. I apologize for writing a book. And look forward to chatting with you guys and gals! Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:19 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi and welcome :) Thanks for posting your story. I'm glad I got to be the first one to congratulate you on the awesome job of quitting Sub! I'm tapering myself so I'm on here 3-4 times a day reading, reading, reading...seems to keep my moral up.

Wish you were having an easier time with withdrawal symptoms but it is what it is. You did the right thing to taper down to a very small amount. At 10 days in you are coming up on 2 weeks and from what I've read of people who have quit and Dr. Junig, 2-3 weeks is a turning point. You are almost there! Hang in there and you should begin to feel better soon. I'm sorry you had to stop because of financial reasons and that must have really put the pressure on you. But, you seem to have done it and can now move forward.

Please keep us updated on how you do in the future. It is terribly important to folks like me who are tapering to hear of your success :) And, we just like having success stories hanging around! You are doing AWESOME.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:33 pm 

Hi Nightmare and welcome! You and I have similar stories! I too was addicted to tramadol! I was taking about forty 50 mgs pills a day! It was ready to buy them online until August of 2014 when they changed their class of drug. At that point, I knew I was going to have to go to rehab or try suboxone. I have a wonderful doctor and have tapered to 6mgs from starting at 24mgs. I too work in the field with people who are dealing with mental illness and substance abuse. I did feel like such a hypocrite and sometimes still do! I am so happy to hear that you are doing it...ending your relationship with subs! I do hope to get there one day! Please keep posting and letting us know of your continued success!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your replies guys/gals! I sure hope there is end in sight. I personally am irritated at my sleep issues most of all. It really helps to have a break and rejuvenate the mind! I've slept (mostly) all night one night out of the 9 so far and that was on the night of day 8. I've been up all night and it isn't for lack of trying. My heart pounds constantly and that worries me but from everything I've heard, it will regulate itself eventually. I've been going through this with lots and lots of showers and baths as that seems to be the only time I feel normal and relaxed. It really does wonders with leg issues! Anyway, good luck with the Suboxone guys. As an addict, it's so hard to change your thinking but the drug really makes it possible, if you're ready for change! I am definitely very very glad that I tapered for so long. I've read horror story after horror story about people stopping higher and I personally couldn't imagine going through worse than I am already having tapered so low. Brave souls they are! But then again, ANYTHING is possible if you want it bad enough! I'll definitely keep posting as I go through this. I can tell you briefly my experience detoxing so far. I wish now that I had made some kind of journal daily. Even though it's only been 10 days, details are easily lost, especially when you're not sleeping. Anyway, I began feeling w/d symptoms rather quickly. By the next morning of my last dose. (I always took it in the morning.) But it wasn't too bad. Lots of sweating and feeling drained and fear of what was yet to come. (I had attempted to quit opiates 3 times before this and it was hell! This has been easier on the mind though, considering.) Day 2 really did suck, I remember being freezing cold and wearing a ton of clothes which is not like me at all! Then of course you're hot, then cold etc. Spent lots and lots of time in the tub. Throughout the first 6 days, I took 3-4 baths every day. The leg pain and restlessness were terrible. No matter what I did, aside from taking a bath, it was always there. Days 3-5 were kinda similar but the symptoms did decrease each day a little. On my 6th day, I had so many thoughts swirling around in my head so I got out my laptop and typed! It wound up being about 6-7 pages long. My goal is to one day write a book about my life. I figure this will probably be part of it. ;) It felt good to get that stuff out for sure! After about a week, while still struggling to get any sleep, the symptoms have been lesser and lesser. Today is day 10 and my legs are pretty much fine, which is a God send! I'm still running a fever so I sweat through my clothes and bathe frequently but I am hoping these antibiotics work soon! One thing I wish I had done differently is to see my Dr before I did all this. I've heard from people I know who have gone through this that Clonidine is amazing for this! It helps with the leg issues, insomnia and heart palpitations which have been my biggest issues as you've probably noticed. But I desperately wanted to do this with very little medicine, except for daily vitamins and such. Keep going strong guys! It feels amazing to begin to conquer such a heavy demon. You are all in my heart.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:59 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

You can start keeping your journal here! That's what I'm doing and it's helped me so much to have a place to log my thoughts during this process.

I wanted to let you know that many times I've read that sleep is the last thing to return to normal...so hang in there!

As far as the anxiety goes, it will pass...patience is the key. Keeping a good outlook, loving yourself for this good thing that you are doing for YOU, keeping positive thoughts, knowing that your brain is having to create new receptors and that everything you're feeling is part of the process. Every single withdrawal symptom is a sign that your brain is having to depend on itself and not a drug any longer.

During my last taper, I got down to .8 mg and finally had some withdrawal. I tried to embrace it and actually be happy for it as I knew my brain was having to "rewire" itself and I had to get through it to see progress.

You are just about over the hump :) I hope you will keep posting about how you're doing at 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, etc. I also hope that you get some good sleep soon.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:07 pm 

Hi, I remember the couple of times that I could not get my hands on tramadol and started withdrawl, those electrical snaps were terrifying! And the anxiety! OMG! I pray that when I finally do taper all the way down to a crumb, I feel very little of the anxiety and depression as that is what has always caused me to go back!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I will most definitely keep up with my progress on here! If anything, it's a way to speak to other people who understand and hopefully to give insight to others who aren't quite there yet.
Tramadol was my saving grace and my destroyer all in one. I began taking it (when it was non-narcotic) thinking it wasn't addictive and soon learned otherwise. Having been someone who's had chronic depression, social anxiety disorder and bi-polar disorder, it got me, hook, line and sinker! I felt like a new person. I stayed extremly productive and happy...until I didn't. The only phrase I am able to come up with that makes sense is it turned on me big time. I became irritable, insensitive and didn't care about anything. I attempted to leave my husband multiple times over exaggerated stuff that I've come to realize was in my head. I definitely have a lot of guilt over this, and I'm working through it.

While on Suboxone, it seemed to cause me a lot of depression for some reason. I spent the majority of the time I was on it lying in bed, rarely socializing with anybody. But that's just me. Honestly, I should have been seeing my family doctor too but didn't.

I think my experience while on opiates and Suboxone has given me a really positive outlook on my future without any of it. I'm not trying to bash the drug at all! It helped me tremendously to do something I was unable to do on my own. And possibly saved my life as I too was taking handfuls of Tramadol every single day to keep myself from being sick after reaching such an insane tolerance. Anywhere from 30-60 pills a day! So scary.
Thank you both for your feedback. It really is nice to speak to fellow addicts as we all travel this journey.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:38 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi nightmare....hope you are feeling better today :)

I just wanted to comment on your saying that Sub gave you depression! That's so odd because most Sub users report that Sub helps with depression! I know for me, Sub kept me very "up" and helped with mild depression that I had on and off for years.

It's a good thing for you because lots of taperers report feelings of depression being one of the hardest things to overcome when doing a taper. Many find that they need an antidepressant after coming off Sub because Sub was so good at treating their underlying depression.

Just wanted to let you know that that is one less thing you have to worry about! I'm also happy that you acknowledge how Sub helped you. The more "positive" feelings we have when coming off, the better off we are.

Again, hope each day is getting better and better for you.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all. I am officially on day 14!
I think I miss worded my statement as far as Suboxone causing the depression. The day I began taking it, I was really happy and optimistic and things seemed to decline quickly from there, however, I couldn't say one way or another what actually caused it. I told my Sub Dr every symptom each visit and was prescribed antidepressants two weeks into the treatment. The Dr told me that my some of the issues I was having was a result of not abusing pills anymore and could also be from my preexisting mental issues.
All I know is that I had already been on a dangerous road when I began the treatment and I am glad I wasn't one who needed to be on it for years. I'm wondering if my frustration over being an addict caused some issues? My Dr told me that my brain would begin to repair WHILE on Suboxone. I never quite understood that honestly but I tend to believe medical professionals. It did kinda feel like when I had almost achieved sobriety the last time and entered into a huge depression. (PAWS)
At any rate, I am two weeks into this thing and still going strong! I struggle to sleep every night still but am happy to note that the heart pounding I have been experiencing has reduced! I am thrilled about that. Still some leg issues at night sometimes so I will sit in a warm bath, take Naproxene and otc sleep meds. Seems like sleep is a process I have to be very cautious with. I've been trying to avoid caffeine into the evening and anything else that might interrupt/aggravate it, do my little routine and try to relax and hope for the best.
Even though this has been one of the most challenging experiences of my life, I still have no urge to turn back and am powering through. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Nmbg,

Congratulations and you are doing great! I quit subs last July and have been sober to opiates ever since. Also I'd like to mention I tried to quit one other time and was unsuccessful because I was doing it for all the wrong reasons.

I feel for you, I know where you are. I quit from taking a ridiculous amount, no real taper. So I think your journey will be a little easier than mine. (Fingers crossed lol)

I was just wondering what you've been eating, have you been taking any vitamins or supplements? Try to eat healthy, avoid caffeine, drink plenty of water. I also took calcium, magnesium, potassium, and B12. Not sure how much they helped but I'm positive they didn't hurt me! Also, for the first few weeks when I couldn't eat much I'd drink ensure. I'd make myself drink 3 a day.

Also, keeping a normal routine and your mind busy helps. I went back to work in ten days. I had to push through sometimes, but I did it and I know you can too!

You mentioned taking baths, I did that alot too, especially when I couldn't sleep at night. I'd take 5-7 baths or hot showers a night if I needed to. I also got some Epsom salt with lavender in it.

And boy I hurt. Especially my arms for some reason. People say they have restless legs, I don't know if there's any such thing as restless arms. But if there is I had it! I took a lot if ibuprofen for pain, usually 600-800 mgs every 4 to 6 hours or so.

And sleep, that was the hardest part for me to. This is what I'd do. I got some sleepy time extra hot tea with Valerian, I'd make a small cup double strength. Drink it and take some melatonin around 15 mgs. Then I'd bathe in the hot lavender bath. My arms would stop hurting enough after this... To sleep for an hour or so. Then I'd wake up toss and turn and hurt, then make myself get up and repeat.

I wish you well on your journey, if you ever need any support or encouragement I'm here. I know how you feel. It is supposed to be uncomfortable. Your body is doing what it has to do. And know this too shall pass!

qom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That's great qomll! Congratulations to you for sure.
I have been taking daily vitamins and supplements containing all sorts of goodies. I have always been a big water drinker and that is what I drink most of the time. I've limited myself to one caffeinated beverage a day.
I've read on other message boards and educational pages about the all over body pain one usually experiences as well as the belly and digestive issues. I was prepared for that! I was cautious about it but I took Imodium every other day for the first few days and did not once have to deal with diarrhea, and only minor nausea. No loss of appetite at all. The only body pains I've had have been limited to my legs and headaches. (Headaches and migraines are something I've dealt with my entire life though.)
I spent quite some time tapering so I feel like I saved my butt a lot of suffering.
I do regret not having done more to make sure i was physically stronger before this. That is in part to 1. Having little to no exercise for the past year due to severe depression. 2. The detox process itself causing extreme fatigue. & 3. Having been pretty sick for the first 12 days of my detox.
I noticed Friday evening that I wasn't as weak and it didn't take the effort it had been taking to get up. So each day, I'm going to keep pushing to do more and more.
I feel like I've turned a corner in this for the better and it feels great! I'm not having any devastating depression like I have during past attempts at quitting and the anxiety is mostly controllable. I did however, shock myself more than necessary Fri night. I attempted to watch the slide show I made for my best friends funeral, trying to remember the name of a song I had put in there and didn't get past the first picture before totally losing it. I've never had a panic attack quite that bad and I've had some whoppers. Lessened learned to not push THAT hard yet I guess considering her death is one of the things that sent me into my downward spiral. RIP my dear friend. I WILL accomplish this for you, my loved ones and myself!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:36 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

nightmare, So sorry about your friend. That is a rough thing to go through. My sincerest condolences to you.

You sound like you are doing pretty darn good! I'm glad you are taking vitamins and supplements. I do too and I feel like they really help.

Keep pushing through any and all w/d symptoms. They will lessen and lessen over time and one day, at the end of the day, you will realize that you had a really awesome day! This is just a process, nothing more, nothing less. The process has to be gone through.

Proud of your determination!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Clearaqua! I'm finding how vitamins, supplements, good eating & positive determination play a very important role in this.
Our bodies truly do give back what we put in them. And thank you for the condolences. Grief is going to be my big challenge in life but better coping skills are already in the process. :)
I've been lucky to have a couple good days so far and am happy about life for the first time in a long time. It really does feel amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:48 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Wow! Good days! That is awesome :) I'm tickled to death for you! I thought you'd have a turn-a-round in 2-3 weeks time. I hope I do as well as you when my time to jump comes.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you again! I think anone who goes into this with an open mind, educates themselves and has the determination will do amazing! I hope you have as easy a time as possible as well. I'm almost three weeks into it and am learning how to live with what remaining symptoms I do have. (Sweating at night, some leg pain, crying easily, insomnia and fatigue.) I'll take this over the hell of opiate addiction anyday!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to update real quick. This is day 23 for me, yay! With the help of Melatonin and nightly relaxation practices, I've been falling asleep easier which is wonderful. I do tend to wake up extremely easily, which is very new for me as I've always been difficult to wake, even as a child. As long as I eat decently and get some exercise during the day, the leg pains really are not an issue much and the exercise helps with mood as well as falling asleep at night I'm sure. I still struggle with fatigue but am trying to keep in mind that before my addiction began, I had issues with that every winter and it is currently 6 degrees outside. Lol.
My biggest issue, as expected, is anxiety. I am finding it difficult to merge back into life without feeling dread/panic over every little thing. That's SO not a good feeling. But I have not had any urges to use and am still determined to stay the course. Our financial situation has me stuck for the time being and I cannot make counseling or doctor appointments as I should but that should all change very soon. I think once I get into some sort of counseling program, I'll be able to deal with life a little easier.
I don't want it to sound like I'm incapable of functioning and scare anyone who is reading this because I am now doing things I haven't been able to do for some time. I just frustrate myself because I want to do so much more. I can tell my brain is returning to a more normal state every day. I WANT to do things and think about what I want to do often. It's just a battle between fatigue, anxiety and lack of resources at the moment.
I remember the last time before this that I tried to quit opiates and how debilitating it felt and this is quite different. I am so grateful for that. I say this because I don't want people to live addicted in fear that they will absolutely have to suffer unbearably when they decide to quit, because that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.
I still feel whole-heartedly that Suboxone saved my life. I went into it pretty much broken and about to give up completely and am coming out of it stronger than I had been while on opiates and trying to quit on my own. You just have to take it seriously and WANT the help and WANT to get clean.
I know day 23 is an odd day to update but I had a lot of thoughts today and wanted to get them out there for you guys. I know all of my searches while going through this was sometimes my only link to people like me, people who understand and have been there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:27 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Good to hear from you and that time is proving to be a healer!

I think everyone has one or two things that nag at them when stopping. Your biggest hurdles seems to be anxiety followed by fatigue. You ARE coping marvelously! You recognize it for what it is and why you are dealing with it. That's a big plus :)

I don't think you are scaring anybody! We all know that the piper has to eventually be paid. Just seeing you get through it is inspiration to anyone doing a taper. We will all have our own hurdles to cross. Seeing someone successfully do it with a positive attitude is inspiration.

Last year when I dropped below 1 mg, my biggest hurdle was restless legs and arms. Whew...I DO NOT look forward to feeling that again but I know that I might. I hope I can keep up the positive outlook that you have and go "guts to glory" when my time comes.

You are doing great!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Clear! Oh man, yeah, tapering alone can be such a nightmare in itself! I remember that is exactly why I didn't jump sooner or drop lower sooner. I was shocked at how dropping below 4mg's really made me sick. But looking back, I wasn't tapering properly either. The key with Suboxone when you've been on it a while is to taper sllllllow and save yourself the trouble if you can. For me anyway. :)

Thank you for the uplifting words. It's nice to hear others feel you're handling it well when you don't feel like you are a lot of the time. The chronic fatigue and insomnia are really kicking my butt. I mean really kicking my butt. I am so exhausted mentally and physically today but still trying my hardest to stay positive. I manage to fall asleep with Melatonin as I had mentioned but wake up at every little sound! We run a fan in our room to help block out noise, as we have always done, but it doesn't seem to help much. I may have to resort to putting cotton or ear plugs in my ears just to attempt to stay asleep for more than an hour at a time.
I'm desperately trying to keep myself on a normal sleep schedule and regulate that so when I wake up, I stay awake. I'm worried I'll fall asleep and nap too long and everything will be worse.
At this point, I guess I'm feeling rather desperate to get my life back. My husband has taken on so much for so long and I need to get better, so it weighs on me. I am probably one of those who would have done better at a treatment facility but it simply wasn't an option for me so all I can do is keep trying ,and keep trying to hold onto my sanity through this.
It's crazy the damage we put our minds and bodies through with addiction and isn't a surprise it takes quite a while to recover. It shall happen!

Post subject: Day 30
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's 2:43am as I type this. I am kinda amped as this is day 30 for me! I have been awake since yesterday,day 29. I spent the day visiting an old friend (also in recovery) and thoroughly cleaning my house, which is a first in some time.
I look back on my entire journey so far and realize the detox part hasn't been all that bad. Even though it has been extremely taxing mentally and physically, I have made it further than I have since all of this began.
I do feel fragile, but not SO fragile that anything will make me turn back to using. I am sleeping better and better each night. Some better than others but I went into this detox/recovery knowing it wouldn't be a cake walk and knowing that anything worth fighting for would be a challenge.
I've come to realize that life is way too short. I am 37 years old and have squandered away the majority of my adulthood on ridiculousness and being stuck in my own head. I've lost numerous loved ones and never handled it properly or really LIVED. I've come to see that it isn't anyone's else doing, regardless of the situation, that's held me back. It's been my own choosing. And let me tell you...I have suffered abuse of all kinds since the day I was born. I've felt obligated to take on other people's issues,been over sensitive to things I could of chosen not to be like that toward.
I am far from healed. I know I have a life long journey. I see my good days and bad days and take them for what they are...NOT the end of the world. They will pass.
Life is truly made of decisions. It is a compilation of nothing but decisions with all sorts of craziness of our choosing thrown in.
I, for today, choose to live.

l wish all of you , in whichever part of your own journey you're in, all of the strength, love and we'll wishes one can give.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:08 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

nightmare, your post was so positive. I'm so tickled for you that you are "turning the corner". They say that sleep is one of the last things to return to "normal" so I'm not surprised you were up all night but it too, shall pass.
You are going to make a great counselor for you will have walked this road yourself. Very proud of you for hitting that 30 day mark!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg