It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:47 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Everyone:

Been a while! It's great to be back! In withdrawal, in a very complicated situation and I need advice! I am really sick, so please bear with me.

Here goes:

So, I was seeing the same subdoc for almost the full six years. On 8 mg bupe/day and doing fine. Last time I saw him, I told him that I was tired from getting stigmatized by medical professionals, pharmacists, friends, family for taking bupe. That was about 3 months ago. So, he says to me: "Well, I can prescribe you Butrans patches and the stigma will be less, because they are used for pain." So, he prescribes me one box of 50 mcg/hr. patches, and tells me to put one on for each week. I trust him, so I do so.

Concurrently, for weeks I have been experiencing excruciating pain in my back==muscle spasms that will not stop and a pain level that took me to the ER twice in 3 days. Once there, they refused to treat me with anything other than suspicion because I tell them about the bupe. (This was on a weekend, about 2 months ago).

The next week, I see my internal medicine doc., and she gets me in to see this new doc who is triple board certified in pain management. anesthesiology, and addiction medicine. I have to still wait about five days to see him.

By the time I see this new guy, I am pretty much in full withdrawal. (I did the math, and saw that my former sub doc had tapered me from 8 mg/day to to 0.12 mg/day with the Butrans thing.). So, I know from my math that it's definitely withdrawal that I am in. Additionally, from a previous surgery, the stupid anesthesiologist refused to do her job, and sent me home to stop the bupe and return at some other time for the surgery, which I did. That was three years ago so I have been through this before. It was miserable.

Back to the new doc...since I am already almost essentially off of bupe because of the Butrans nightmare, this new doc decides to put me on 4 mg/day of buprenorphine. This is fine with me because if I ever need surgery again, I'll be able to get pain relief from a full opiate agonist, as Dr. J. has described. Everything is good again once I get back on a reasonable dose of bupe, going to PT for the pain. And then...

My long term depression gets worse and worse. The meds that I take for that are not working. Two weeks ago I am in the dark pit of depression and making plans to kill myself. During this time, two things are going on: I am having intense cravings for more bupe, I don't like this new doc, and I had to sign off on ten pages of agreements before I could see him including some statement that I would not seek bupe concurrently from any other doc.

I act willfully and stupidly, and decide to take things into my own hands by going back up to 8 mg/day of bupe., which as you obviously know will make me run short for the month. I then run out of bupe. The only thing left are the three other 50 mcg patches of Butrans in the box, so, I stick all three of them on. That's ten days ago.

Two days ago, I go back to the new doc who I don't like. I come clean with him about what I did. The Butrans helped the withdrawal a little bit, however I now have not had any bupe in my body for 3 days. I am definitely in full withdrawal. So, he thanks me for being "frank" and sends me off.

At the same time, it is also now 2018. New statutes on the books in my state--no more paper scripts for controlled substances. We have a PDMP system here. He electronically sends it to my usual pharmacy for 4 mg/day of bupe. Three hours later, I go there thinking that relief is close at hand. Nope. My pharmacist of many years, looks at me and says that it will go through on my insurance but that she won't fill the new prescription for a week. (That will be on 1/24/18}. She says that she cannot fill it until the 28 day mark.

I am now totally screwed. I go home. I am pissed at her, and pissed at myself. I call my new doc right after leaving the pharmacy. Of course I cannot get him. Over the next 36 hours, I call three times. No one ever calls back--not his medical assistant, receptionist, or him.

I am having full blown withdrawal symptoms, and it is now the weekend. Perhaps he will communicate with me next week, but maybe not. I am not hopeful, however I am angry! I am not an angry person, however last night at home, I began screaming expletives and came very close to smashing things. I got scared and called my sister (who is extremely judgmental about this matter, came over and is here for the night.). We got into it because she has never had the experience...she thinks I am weak, and that it's a moral issue, not a neurochemical issue. I am, however, happy to not be alone.

I have taken prescribed full agonist opiates for chronic pain for about 8 years prior to being on methadone for four years, and then on bupe for six. I was never able to control my use of the full agonist opiates due mostly to their being a better antidepressant than my psych meds...well ya know...it feels good. I am an addict, and I fully admit it. An opioid is an opioid wherever you get it.
------------

Okay, so I wrote the top portion a few days ago. I am still sick, and have not slept much so, here goes. I have some options, and I don't know what to do!

*The pharmacist said she would fill my script on day 28. I looked at a calendar last night, and saw that 28 days from the fill date of 12/26/17 is actually today, not this Wednesday.

*I don't know whether or not to go back on the buprenorphine. Why? because of the stigma and the looks and judgments. You know.

*I don't ever, ever want to go through withdrawal without a proper taper again.

*I could relapse if I don't restart the buprenorphine

*In case of acute pain emergency, I have saved one tab of Oxy from the prior surgery. It's in my safe deposit at the bank. I could go there today and get it, and I know it would help my withdrawal symptoms. I would say that this would be my last resort.

*Not sure if the withdrawal will get worse, or better if I do not restart the buprenorphine
-----------------

So, it is now about four hours until everyone is open for business on Monday morning. What would you do if you were in my position? I need help, because I am not thinking well, and want to do the right thing. I also don't want to be sick anymore...

Thank you everyone!

"Knowledge is power"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:42 am 

Hey goss!

I'm so sorry that ur going through this. It sounds like a nightmare honestly!

This is just my opinion and what I would do personally..... I'd go get my buprenorphine 4mg. Absolutely 100% no questions about it, that is what I would do. Yes stigma sucks and at some point we all experience it, but the stigma isn't going to ruin what I'm doing in my recovery. Screw those ppl who judge us, they don't walk in our shoes every day. They don't understand it and if they do and still judge then they're ridiculous. Don't let stigma take u down a dark road from ur health and happiness.

The medication in ur safety box won't help much and any help it would do is bad so please forget that idea (again just my opinion).

I have a question. When u saw that the butran patches weren't gonna work, why didn't u just go bk to that doctor and ask to be switched bk? If u liked that doctor and had been with him for so long, wouldn't he had maybe understood that it just wasn't working out and switched u bk? I do understand though that u were probably angry with him for dropping u from 8mg to a tiny dose on the patch. That was a huge mistake on his part imo. Could u maybe go bk to him eventually? Or is that just out of the question?

I don't think u should just stop buprenorphine. I don't necessarily think ur ready to do that. You've been on one heck of a roller coaster ride last little bit and I think u should just get bk to feeling better and then think about tapering if that's still something u want to do. I wouldn't stop cold turkey, I know ur in withdrawal right now but tapering over a period of time would be soooooo much better.

I'm on 8mg too and have been for years. If I went down to 4mg all at once, I think I'd have some issues. What happened to u wasn't fair and u deserve to stabilize and if u still want to stop, then taper. That's just my opinion and I truly hope that u get bk to feeling urself soon. Please keep us updated. Good luck!!!!! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:58 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey jennjnenn:

Thank you so much for your post. You're right--taking the Oxy is not the way to go! I am going to call my pharmacy when they open in an hour, and just have a friendly chat with the pharmacist, and tell her that I believe her math is wrong. If that doesn't work, I am going to get on the phone and keep calling this new doc, until he gets back to me. And, if that doesn't work, then it's still 48 more hours of this. I have had a lot of pain in my life, so what's two more days?

It is complicated even beyond what I originally posted. Here's the thing. I need this new doctor because of one other thing. I mentioned up top that he's an anesthesiologist. I also spoke of my suicidal depression, and chronic pain. Three weeks ago he did a procedure that only an anesthesiologist can do...(Dr. Junig might want to chime in on this one...)

Because my depression was so bad, and because of the pain, I went to this surgery center where he administered ketamine. That stuff got me out of that dark pit of depression, and has lasted for three weeks, allowing my other psych meds to kick in, maybe. Anyway, something began working after being basically non-functional with depression for the past 4 months (Yay!). I have been following this ketamine for depression thing for years. It is not yet approved by the FDA for treatment-resistant depression, so this is an off-label use. It worked for me, however the effects of the ketamine on depression don't work for everyone, and results tend to last for anywhere from 3 days to 3 months or so. I have read many peer-reviewed papers on this on PubMed. Here's one more thing. Some physicians are beginning to set up for-profit "clinics" to treat people with ketamine, and I for one, disagree with this practice, and two, would never be able to afford a one-shot $500 treatment. Because this new doc can cover this as a pain-management treatment, my insurance approved the procedure. So, you all see the predicament in which I am caught!

I don't like this guy, but I am so tired of living with years and years of treatment-resistant depression. I know, it is a convoluted situation, and I am, stuck for now between a rock and a hard place.

I didn't want to put this ketamine piece in, because of course, this site is not about ketamine. I did, however want to explain why I switched doctors.

Thanks all, have a great Monday.

"Knowledge is power"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:54 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Everyone:

Well, I have an update. My pharmacist indeed did the wrong math. She would fill my prescription today, but...guess what? She told me just an hour ago that she won't be able to get any buprenorphine from her supplier until the end of February!! Eek! She also told me that her pharmacy uses the same supplier as CVS/Caremark. Is anyone else out there having trouble getting buprenorphine?

My new bupe doctor has still not responded. This is since last Thursday. Irresponsible! And, everything in my state is electronic; one pharmacy cannot even transfer a prescription to another. My regular pharmacist called another pharmacy who does have the bupe in stock. But, they don't have it in the store...and, they won't even order it until they hear from my non-communicative (sorry for this-) jackass doctor!

Thanks, all

"Knowledge is power"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 am 

Omg!!!

I hope that the stupid pharmacist who doesn't know math at least apologized to you!

And it's really weird because my pharmacist told me that they can't get one of my medications until February 28th too! But it isn't my buprenorphine. It's my Nucynta ER. My doctor prescribed regular Nucynta, but it hasn't done squat for my pain. It sucks.

My Zubsolv should be prescribed this Friday and I usually call my pharmacy to make sure they have it on hand a few days before it's due. So I will call tomorrow and try to find out. I use a Walgreens here in Colorado and my pharmacist has been awesome about working with me and for me.

I hope you can get in touch with your dumb doctor and then start looking for a new one. My doctor would NEVER leave me hanging like that! In fact, we can send him messages through an app that also allows his stable patients to have video appointments 8 times a year and only come in 4 times a year. I wish you lived close by!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:54 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Good morning!

Thank you to Amy and Jenn for following along and giving me great support thus far.

So, yesterday I was so desperate to contact this doctor, that I enlisted the help of my GP. She is the exact opposite of this other guy--a ton of compassion, and more! Saw her at 9 AM yesterday. Left her office, and she said that she would phone him and send him an "emergency" email through some system they have in this big network. Finally, at 4 PM he calls me directly. I wanted to lash out at him, however I knew, deep down that it would not help my immediate situation. We talk for less than a minute, because there is indeed a shortage of buprenorphine in my area, and he needs to find someone who has it, prior to sending the e-script. He calls me back, and within a three minute conversation, tells me that he cannot find a pharmacy who has it. He then, without barely a thought, decides to put me on Belbuca 150 mcg 2x/day. He briefly explains to me what this is because I don't know about it. I say: "What about Butrans?" and he says this is better, and hangs up! I don't know why it's better, but it is what it is.

My withdrawal symptoms are better. My main symptoms are: No appetite, interrupted sleep, feeling cold, and having little energy. Less mood swings now. I did some reading last night about Belbuca and about tapers, and honestly, I have no idea what's going to happen when I pick it up from the pharmacy later this morning and begin using it. I will keep you posted.

Have a good Tuesday!

"Knowledge is power"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:00 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I understand the judgement from literally everyone who doesnt understand addiction, even some DOCTORS!

BUT---you should not let a stigma of ANYTHING control your actions. Your life is much more important than your pride. If you truly think suboxone will save your life &/or save you from a relapse (if you're not ready to be off of it yet), then simply DON'T push yourself.

I have learned you have to let it go in one ear and out the other. I have dealt with stigmas my entire life (from other illnesses) and I will NOT tolerate that feeling anymore.

I will not let other's opinions of me (or my choices) dictate the way I feel about myself.

You have to come to the conclusion yourself, that you are doing the BEST thing you can for your recovery. And remind yourself that EVERY TIME you feel judged!

Do not ever give up on your recovery, no matter how bad others may make you feel about "how" you choose to recover. Your recovery is YOURS. Keep it that way!

& if you ever need a friend just know that the caring people on this forum will ALWAYS be here for you!!!!

Sending love and hugs your way!
Jess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:49 am 

Hey goss!

Wow what a time ur having!! It's really scary to hear that some areas are having a shortage of buprenorphine! Is it all buprenorphine products, like every generic, bunavail, zubsolve and strips?? How can there be a shortage of this as important of a medication it is. I don't know what belbucca (don't know the exact spelling of that) is. I sure hope it helps u because u have been through too much. It isn't fair for one person to go through as much as u have. Can I just say that ur taking this so much better than I would be! Be proud of urself because I think ur very brave.

Thanks for explaining why ur sticking with this doctor, I do understand ur reasons. I know very little about ketamine but I know it's been discussed a little bit on the forum. U may want to search ketamine, read some ppl who may have tried this for depression (not sure they're from the US though).

This shortage of buprenorphine issue has been discussed a little bit here lately and I'm starting to get a little concerned. This could possibly happen to any of us. I'm gonna talk with my pharmacy when I go for my fill next week. This is some scary stuff...... goss I'm so sorry ur having to go through this and surly things are about to get better. Please keep us informed on this new medicine, I need to research it a little bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm 

Belbuca is dosed in micrograms, not milligrams, which addiction medicine is dosed at.

In other words, your doctor is not treating your addiction!!! He is trying to taper you off buprenorphine!! Without your consent!

It is time to search for another doctor. Take what this one gives you and in the meantime, search for a decent addiction doctor who will treat you properly!!

I am so disgusted by your doctor, GW. Big hugs to you and please keep us updated!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:45 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Big hugs to Amy, Jenn, and Jess for guiding my through this nightmare!

For now, I am going to keep this short, and not fully address all of your wonderful suggestions.

The story gets even more bizarre. I swear I couldn't make this one up if I wanted to.

So, I get the Belbuca, and adhere this film thing (it's sort of like the Suboxone film--different shape, but not as thin. It's all buprenorphine, no naloxone.) to the inside of my cheek. Follow all of the instructions in the patient guide, etc. So, it says that it will dissolve at most in 30 minutes. Okay. It is 11:30 AM. (It also says that you cannot drink, chew gum, etc. while this film is being absorbed.)

Now, I told the dumbass doctor that I have an extremely dry mouth from all of the other meds that I take, and that I am concerned about this, because out of the blue, he calls me at 12:15 PM. So, it's now 45 minutes. I ask him if he is sure about both the dose, and as to whether the Belbuca will work in my dry mouth. He assures me that it will, and hangs up.

So, I drag myself out of the house to a clinic I go to for my psych meds. I meet with my therapist for an hour, and then with my nurse. By this time it is 2:30. My nurse looks at me and says:"Your tongue is all white, and so are your lips--the doctor needs to see this". So, she suggests that I take a photo, and show it to my dumbass doctor! I take the most disgusting selfie ever. I look at my cell phone and freak! My mouth feels like it is glued shut, and I am having a difficult time speaking. It looks like someone literally painted the inside of my mouth with Elmer's glue. I can't even tell if all of the Belbuca has been absorbed. But hell, it has now been THREE HOURS since I placed it in my mouth. All I am thinking about right now, is that I want to get home ASAP, and drink about a gallon of juice/water, whatever, and get this shit out of my mouth. At this point, I really don't care it it's all absorbed!

I still feel pretty sick from the withdrawals and am really wondering if 300 mcg/day will be enough, and ya know what? I am scared! I really want to ditch this stuff and just go back on my 4 mg of buprenorphine. I am thinking that how am I going to function with a mouth glued shut, six hours out of each day?!

Anyhow, it's late, and I'm exhausted. I can't keep my eyes open one more second. But, I'll be back tomorrow, promise!

"Knowledge is power"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:28 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Good morning everyone!

Amy, Jenn, and Jess--You have no idea how grateful I am for the wisdom and experience you each shared! All of your posts are spot-on. I have learned something different from each of you. I am sooo appreciative of your support--wish I could hug you!

I have been up most of the night, and being that I have been on either Suboxone or buprenorphine for six years, I know what my body is supposed to feel like. It is highly unusual for me not to be able to sleep. I am not right now in full blown withdrawal from too low a dose of buprenorphine via the Belbuca, but It's now been 17 hours since I restarted. If it were enough, I would know by now, right? My body just doesn't feel normal. No appetite, either.

I am NOT putting myself in a position to relapse over an ignorant,arrogant and condescending doctor like this. Later today he is doing the Ketamine treatment as I mentioned above. If he doesn't rectify this situation tomorrow, then I am not going to go back. And, even if he does, I am definitely not going to let him treat me for my addiction!

Thank you for listening to my rant. I'll check in later.

"Knowledge is power"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:28 am 

If it's dosed in micrograms like Amy said then it isn't any better than the butran patch. I knew it wasn't anything I'd heard of and I was fearful this would happen but now that I know....... run from this doctor. I'm just assuming here but shouldn't the doctor know this? The pharmacist should have also wondered why u went from buprenorphine milligrams to micrograms and asked u if u realized what a tiny dose u were being dropped to. Basically this new doctor has put u on the same type of thing that u were in withdrawal from when u came to him. Him saying 'this is better', how could it be better when u go from 4mg (that wasn't satisfying ur cravings) to micrograms? It's a mess!

There has to be a pharmacy somewhere that will have buprenorphine. Even if it's the generic, surly somewhere will have it. I wouldn't accept anything less than buprenorphine in milligrams. This doctor just wasted ur time again. This is infuriating and all the while, ur in full blown withdrawal. I know u feel like ur kind of stuck because this is the only doctor that helps with ur depression treatment but i would not stick with him unless he could get my other medication corrected.

So sorry this is happening to u goss!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:56 pm 

Ugh!

I'm so frustrated on your behalf! I read back to understand why you are going in for ketamine today and I understand the treatment resistant depression. I had heard previously that ketamine could be useful for it. I find myself wondering why, if he is willing to go out on a limb to treat your depression, he can't fully dose you for opioid addiction with buprenorphine! It seems ridiculous and random to me.

Well, at least you get help with your depression today and you can start looking for a new doctor if he is not willing to prescribe at least 4mg a day. It may be that when fully dosed with buprenorphine, that your depression will be much more manageable anyway. I guess I would suggest looking for another doctor anyway since this one is not available to you when you need him and doesn't seem reliable anyway. I would love for you to have the kind of doctor I have. Let us know what happens and what he says.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:02 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Everyone:

I know that it's been a number of days since I updated this thread. This is where things stand. When this new doctor treated me for my depression last Wednesday, I again told him that 300 mcg. of Belbuca was not enough, and that I wasn't feeling well. I told him too, that since I had to go off suddenly for surgery three years ago, that I know what I am talking about. Plus, it's been six years on an adequate (mg) dosing of buprenorphine, and that after all of this time, I know what my body is supposed to feel like.

He ignored me for the third time! I wanted to literally shake him, and also wait the weekend, to make sure that there were no other factors to consider, basically ones concerning the treatment he gave me for my depression. Yesterday time was up. I texted my old Suboxone doctor, briefly explaining my situation.

He called back quickly and gave me an emergency appointment for tomorrow. He has such a big heart, and was very regretful that I had to experience what I have described above, at the hands of the new doctor.

Regarding this new doctor, I am taking your advice, but at all levels. There are many reasons that I do not trust him, he doesn't listen to me, he is arrogant, etc. So, yes...I am running away, and will never see him again for anything!

Do you think that it's worthwhile to recount my experiences to someone above him at the hospital he works out of? Probably not...usually what a patient says vs. what their doctor says is discounted. I am, however, going to go to medical records, and sign a release for all of my records of treatments/visits with this new doctor to go to my psychiatrist and to my original suboxone doc. Oh, and a copy for me too. I have flirted with the idea of speaking to an attorney.

I just want to thank everyone for their support, input and coaching. It means so much, and has helped propel me toward action!

The last hurdle is this--once I see my old doctor and get a scrip, I will again have to find a pharmacy that can get buprenorphine. I will simply make calls, until I can find some. It is that simple.

I'll conclude this once I get a proper dose of buprenorphine into my system. Stay posted.

"Knowledge is power"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:10 pm 

GW, I am so proud of you! You have gotten through all of this nonsense with the new doctor and didn't relapse on your drug of choice. You have also advocated for yourself, and since the new doctor is such a bonehead, you have reached out to a doctor who will treat you properly. The old doctor seems to care about you too. I like the way he responded to your plea. A next day appointment is pretty good!

The new doctor has been so arrogant that it makes me sick! Addicts shouldn't have to deal with this dismissive, terrible behavior from their doctor. I'm sure his attitude is like, "This addict doesn't know anything and they have to do what I say!"

I think you should definitely report him. Whether he is questioned at all or even reprimanded isn't even the whole point. I think that addicts like us should report any mistreatment so that people get used to the idea that we have certain rights and that we are going to demand them! By reporting him you are helping yourself, yes, but you are also advocating for all of us.

And we definitely want to hear the rest of your story. Like, what might the old doctor say about treating your depression with ketamine? Is it a possibility to continue with it if it has been working? Good luck with your appointment!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Amy:

Thank you for your reply. Saw my old bupe doctor late this PM. He is a wonderful human being, physician, healer and I am grateful to have him. Not only did he fit me in to his schedule, but he spent 90 minutes with me!
I gave him the whole story, he listened, we discussed and I came away with a scrip for 6 mg buprenorphine/day.
-------------
I go into a CVS and their supplier has no 2mg tabs. When I asked for him to check others in the area, he checked 25 CVS pharmacies, and told me that no one can get any from suppliers.
Tomorrow is a new day...

"Knowledge is power"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 pm 

Have you tried Walgreens? I've never had a problem with them having my buprenorphine. And don't be afraid to try Mom & Pop pharmacies and Costco. Someone has to be carrying it!

What was your doctor's opinion of treating your depression with ketamine? What did he think of new doctor?

Can you provide more detail without telling us things you want to keep private?

I'm so happy for you that you have a good doctor again!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I remember feeling the stigma, even though I always made sure I was presentable and well-dressed anytime I was going to refill my prescription. 99% of the problems I dealt with over 10 years came from CVS, especially when it came to partial fills (& stock in general), or going back to a previous dosage after a failed taper. I had *ZERO* problems when I went to Walgreens, and I have experience with several in the area. They never made me feel that stigma the way I did when I went to CVS, and they were always willing to work with me when they had no stock, could only do a partial fill, or during times where the doctor altered the taper schedule.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have had the experience of not being able to get the 2mg tabs or films, and having the pharmacist say that they only have the 8mg tabs. Can you go back to the good doctor and have him write you a prescription for 1/2 an 8mg tab per day - just until you get this resolved? I’m willing to bet you will find a local pharmacy with 8mg tabs in stock.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:41 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Yes Lillyval is right... the 8mg films and tabs are MUCH more common, and the pharmacists know that, so they are more likely to have the 8mg tabs/films in stock. I am currently on 3mgs of suboxone and I get the "4mg" films and cut them down, and I use my local Kroger for my pharmacy needs.

When I drop off my script, they have me wait while they go back and check to make sure they even have enough of the 4mg films to fill my entire script before they even attempt to... I do live in a well-populated city, and There has only been a couple times where I was forced to partial fill and come back for the rest (after they got their next shipment in to restock them), but I know most people get the 8mg films, so that is what they keep a large supply of.

I have always had the films and cut them down into smaller pieces (to match my prescribed dose), so I can only imagine how hard it would be to split up a pill into 1/8 doses, but I know it can be done, and if you are having a hard time finding your med then your doctor should understand and change your script so that you are able to actually take your meds.

Since you said that you are now prescribed 6mgs of buprenorphine, I would see if you could get the 8mgs, it could even be better that way (so that you are not going to be taking 2mgs, three seperate times throughout the day)

I think they really only make the lower mg tabs for people who are actually prescribed those lower doses.. It is my understanding that this med is not meant to be taken multiple times every day. Since you said you are on 6mgs I dont see why you cant get a script written for the 8mg tabs and split them to take 3/4 of one?

I would imagine that waiting for three different tabs to all dissolve (seperately) would take a pretty long time!!!!!

I am wishing you luck in your situation and am sending positive thoughts your way. Please keep us updated and let us know what happens. So many people on here will share a story of theirs only to never return and it really leaves us wondering what happened! I wish you the best. Do not give up!!!