It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello to All
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Saying hello, finally :). Been lurking about this forum for the past week and finally just joined. Began taking suboxone, for the first time, this past Saturday, April 14th.

Post subject: Re: Hello to All
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:50 am 

Hello Anonymouse! Welcome.

It is great that u joined us. Hopefully u can tell us more about urself so we can all get to know u better. You can learn so much here, I sure learned so much that I didn’t know about this medication from this forum. I’d encourage u to read around the Introduction section since ur new to Buprenorphine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the welcome and for the great advice!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello, Anonymouse!

Welcome to the forum.

So what mg of bupe are you on? What was your drug of choice in active addiction? Do you have a good support system there for you? How long were you on your drug of choice for? We here at Suboxone talkzone are an advocacy for buprenorphine. We're also each other's support system. There's no judgement here, so feel free to be as honest as possible. Hopefully we can get to know you more & you'll become a regular member of the forum.

Love,

Ash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ashlee wrote:
Hello, Anonymouse!

Welcome to the forum.

So what mg of bupe are you on? What was your drug of choice in active addiction? Do you have a good support system there for you? How long were you on your drug of choice for? We here at Suboxone talkzone are an advocacy for buprenorphine. We're also each other's support system. There's no judgement here, so feel free to be as honest as possible. Hopefully we can get to know you more & you'll become a regular member of the forum.

Love,

Ash

Hi Ashlee, thank you! I have struggled through addiction to opiates since 2012, when I broke my foot in three places. More doctors, who are able to prescribe suboxone type medication, are beginning to take insurance through employment now and I was finally able to make this life changing move on Friday, April 13th. I was taking approx 80-100 mg of Vicodin/percoset whichever was obtainable. I began with 1/2 of 1/4 pill twice per day on sat and Sunday, then went to 1/2 pill Monday to now twice a day and words cannot describe how happy and lucky I feel today. What does one say when they literally have their life, which was much less than a human life should ever be, handed right back to them on a silver platter? Meetings and counseling are required to see my new doctor, who I absolutely love at this time. I’m a bit behind getting meetings printed out and such but finally got it done last night :). There is one tonight that I am going to. I hid this from my husband, who I had to tell this past week, and he does not understand addiction at all-he told to me just quit :(. He was rightfully angry, and is coming around from the shock in support of my situation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ashlee wrote:
Hello, Anonymouse!

Welcome to the forum.

Love,

Ash

Sorry, I forgot to specify I’m now taking 1/2 of an 8 mg Suboxone type pill twice per day

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's so wonderful, Anonymouse!

I'm happy to hear that you feel good & are on the right track. I, too am taking one eight mg sub. Only difference between us is that I'm taking the films. I take half in the am, half in the pm. It works best for me.

Regarding your husband, he should come to a few meetings with you so that he gets a better understanding of what is happening in your life. Also, why don't you both try counseling? You wouldn't believe how much you would benefit from it. In regards to your husband telling you to just quit is an overstatement. You need this time to heal, both emotionally & physically. How long have you been married to your husband? Was he there with you when you struggled with addiction back in 2012? Addiction is a disease. It's not a morality problem like alot of people think, so if your husband gets a better understanding of what addiction truly is & that it can be put in remission, you guys are good as gold.

Hope this helps!

Ash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow! Cool that we are taking same dose! Was your trouble with pills as well? I don’t feel the need to take anymore than I am taking right now. Tomorrow at 10:00am will be one week since I took my first sub dose, so not sure if things will change or not with dosage. I certainly do not want to use anymore than I need to.
I have been married to my husband for 19yrs, 20 this June. He knew me for years before I mangled my foot and was prescribed bottles of 120 Vicodin per month for almost two years. He knew about me having a problem with them in 2015, but thought it was over with, which I did quit for about 5 months. He works many hours a day and it was easy to hide it from him, but never easy to lie and deceive him. I have never been so absolutely disgusted with myself in my life until the last couple of years.
My son is disabled with a textbook case of a rare disease and had to move back home some years back. I do all of his daily care, which can be very time consuming and difficult, dr appts and so on. He takes a small amount of pain medication and I’m proud to say that although I thought about it dozens of times, I never took his medication, because I am his mother and he is my son and I could not do that and then watch him suffer because of it. Maybe that doesn’t seem like a big deal to many, but I have watched many videos, read many things regarding how the heroin epidemic is impacting families. and have a friend whose daughter continues to struggle with heroin. Having his medication in our home was another reason that I needed the subs, it’s so hard without them when they are in your home and have to be.
One thing that totally stood out to me is the way in which heroin can kill any and all maternal instincts. The mother child bond is one of the absolute strongest we can have, if not the strongest. I am so very thankful that I didn’t end up on heroin, because I know it would have killed many things that I truly value and cannot be bought. If nothing else shows those looking in at our addictions how horrible heroin truly is, it should be that. Mothers would lay their lives down for their children, that is something from nature, and this drug chews it up into tiny shreds :/. Scary to know that the drugs I am addicted to are the same as heroin, just less strength. We need to get it off our streets and out of our neighborhoods.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amen to that, Anonymouse.

Yes, my problem was with painkillers. Only thing is, my mom was giving them to me at age 13. My addiction really took off when I was about 15, & then just got worse afterwards. My mom gave me heroin at age 16. I only snorted it, she also gave it to my brother & he is now dead because of it. You can imagine how much animosity I have towards the woman.

Anyways, it's great that you have a support system! It's so important for us to have support & love when we need it, & forget about all those things in the past. You weren't in your right mind & if you don't let them go, it will eat you up alive. Anonymouse, I'm a year into my sobriety, & I'm still learning how to forgive, heal, accept, how to react to certain feelings, etc. But guess what?? I'm going FORWARD. There is NOTHING now that can bring me down, because I know how strong I really am. Self realization at it's finest.

Stay on sub as long as you possibly can. Studies have shown that the longer you're on sub, the more of a successful recovery you will have without relapse. I hope this helps you, and God bless you & your family! :)

Love always,

Ash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Omg I do understand the animosity you must have toward your mom. I’m so sorry that you had to have such betrayal from the very one who should have given you the most love, admiration and support as a child. I know exactly where you are coming from as I have experienced a lot of very negative things from both of my parents. My mother passed away during a stress test in 2010 when she was 69. While grieving her death, I realized that what saddened me most was the finality that all hope of having a better relationship with her was dead as well. It took more than half of my adult life to realize that our relationship would never be a mother-daughter one. But that I could have a different type of relationship with her, primarily one where I would stop having any expectations of her as my mother. Hope this is making sense, lol. Gonna finish my reply in another block because I can’t remeber all you said nor can I see it from here to re-read.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Forgiving, healing and accepting, yes, I agree, it’s gonna be a process. And time is our best friend I suppose. I was judged as a child and on by the actions of my mother and only sibling and had to prove myself. Doing only the things that helped me feel good about myself, working hard to earn money and the only self esteem I could gain. My actions sort of leveled the playground with extended family eventually, but I have always been a member of “That” family. I raised my three kids alone for the most part and have always sucked it up and done what needed to be done. I said “I can’t” after my ex husband broke my neck, went through a battered women’s shelter with my three kids. The only other time in my life I have had to say “I can’t” is right here and now, with my opiate addiction and I hate that. It’s so very hard for me to say “I can’t” because I have always “Had to” and have never been afforded what I use to think was the luxury of “I can’t.”
I went to my first NA meeting on Thursday evening and the kid running the group, lol, I had to look twice at him because he looks, sounds and acts like Jessie in Breaking Bad. Funny. There were a lot of people there and to my delight, they ran out of time right before it would have been my turn to speak. I didn’t really know what I would say, but it would have been the very first time I would have said out loud in public that I am an addict. I don’t really know why that seems so hard for me, I’m truly not an overly proud person or anything. I wonder if others have felt the same way?
I agree that you ARE very strong! A year! I’m on my way, right behind you! :) The truth is that we never stop learning in life and some of us must learn/work through things that make us like ancient old gray bearded guys with allll sorts of great wisdom and knowledge and stuff to share with others haha.
With the sub, I didn’t make any quick decisions, it was a real struggle emotionally for me to make the decision to try to get them. There really wasn’t a choice for me when all was considered as continuing on the path I was on was no longer an option. I haven’t really given much thought as to how long I should be on sub. Guess I look to my doctor to guide me and time to heal me. Of course I will continue to educate myself as much as I can as well.
Thank you for listening and for your thoughts, shares and advice :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Of course, Anonymouse. I'm so happy that you're here, & I really do hope that you can come back & regularly post here.

I must say, it seems that you have been through hell. I really hope that now you're able to get over all that happened in the past & move forward. I'm here if you ever wanna talk!

How do you feel on sub? Are you getting a good night's sleep at night? I really hope this miraculous drug gives you back your freedom the way it did for me. Can't wait to here more from you, Anonymouse!

Love,

Ash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you doll and same here, if u ever need to talk :) I feel truly blessed and so so lucky to be here and in this very place in time! Yes I sleep better than I ever have maybe. I think I’m still adjusting to the med and it’s a bit confusing at times. My dose seems to be winding down about 2-3 hrs before my 12 hrs are up. I made the mistake once when I was taking half of a quarter of taking another one 7hrs instead of 12 and it wasn’t pretty...throwing up and could barely keep my eyes open :/. I waited almost 24hrs to take anything else at all bc it scared me so badly and I haven’t taken anything before my 12hrs are up since then. Not sure if I will try a bit more than a half pill or not, gotta make sure I think I really need it and that it’s not just the old habit of popping another pill.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:57 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Anonymouse,

Hopefully soon your body will adjust to your proper dosage. I hope you're starting to feel better! Just give yourself a week to adjust to the dosage, the discomfort will subside soon. Buprenorphine has a long half life of 36 hours, so even if you forget to take another dose, the remaining bupe from your previous dose will still be in effect. I have to agree with you about the sleeping part. I've never slept so good in my entire life! On average, I get about 8-9 hours a night. It's really refreshing!

Hope you're doing well!

Ash