It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Partial fill
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel like I’ve posted more under this topic than anybody, but I’ve had bad luck with pharmacies. I saw my doc Thurs and after what just happened to Rule I asked her to write me 2 2mg films per day, even though I only take one. She agreed that I should have some extras since I have had insurance issues in the past. So the pharmacy texts me that the script was ready, even though it was early. I went to pick them up and they said they were giving me a partial fill 10 out of 60. I’m thinking, why didn’t they just wait till they have them all - but no big deal.

Then I get home and unstaple the bag and see that they crossed out 60 with MARKER and changed it to 10 on the label. What’s worse is that the computer printed receipt says I got 60. Now I have no way of proving I only got 10 - anyone could have crossed that out with marker. Also, I have 1 refill on the prescription, and other patients have said that when they picked up the rest of their partial fill the refill was erased.

I should know better. Always go in and take the time to count the films right there at the pharmacy counter. One time (old thread) I got shorted 10 out of 30 8mg strips and it was nightmare trying to get it straightened out.

Post subject: Re: Partial fill
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:31 pm 

That's a big one Lilly. Get back ASAP and talk to the person who did the transaction. Hopefully they'll remember all the details.

When I first was put on Suboxone years ago my doctors nurse told me to count them all before leaving the counter. That is kind of embarrassing but I did it a few times and then stopped. Now they come in a sealed box so there's no counting anymore. Yes, they should have just given you two boxes of films instead of trying to be nice and do a partial. A pharmacy should never do a partial unless requested by the customer, IMO. Good luck getting this straightened out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:15 pm 

A friend at my clinic told me once about when she did her induction (this was years ago) that she brought the medication bk and when she got into the nurses office to induce, a 2mg pill was missing. The nurse of course thought she'd taken it and she hadn't. She went bk to the pharmacy and somehow they were able to track that they'd not given her one accidentally. I think she said something about them being able to count from what they had and what they'd filled that day and realized they had an extra that didn't add up to what they'd filled from that bottle or something...... I don't know exactly. They were able to tell that they had shorted her. This is the same pharmacy I use and it's a small pharmacy so that probably makes a big difference. As far as the marker thing, that sounds so shady! Something doesn't sound legit with whoever did that even though I don't fully understand :)

Partial refills is my thing, where I pay cash & I get a monthly script but only get out half then go bk a week or two later and get the other half. I actually just got my other half out today too! Thankfully the only issue I've ever had doing it that way is not getting the suboxone coupon some of the time. I always count my strips when I'm in the car because I can't bring myself to do it in front of them. It makes me feel uncomfortable especially when ppl already have a stigma concerning bupe. So I do it in the car before I pull out of the parking lot.

Gosh Lilly u must have luck like me lol because you've been going through all kinds of stuff with ur medication lately. It's so aggravating to have to go through all kinds of hoopla just to get our medicine. They definitely don't make it easy on us, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rule- the time I got shorted 10 films it was in a sealed box. The person who stole them apparently carefully opened it and resealed it so it looked like new. Unfortunately you have to be very wary.

I did call and ask for the pharmacy manager. They have my other 50 films and had a note in their system that they owed them to me. Huge relief. I requested that they put a note in my file that I don’t want any partial fills unless I request it. This was a Walgreens, by the way. Despite all of the bad experiences people here have had with them, I just switched back to them, because at this particular store they are very respectful.

I know every franchise store is different, but for the record it was at Rite-Aid that an employee stole the 10 8mg films. It was also the same Rite-Aid where a tech yelled across the pharmacy dept. “I can’t find the doctor’s DEA # for this customer’s Suboxone!!” - in front of several other customers.
Oh, the memories....

**edit: I got the balance of my prescription today. I see they changed the box to make it tamper proof i.e. you have to pull a tab and actually rip the cardboard to open it. When I had the issue above it was just a regular box with a clear sticker as a seal.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm 

Big Sigh.....relief. Glad it worked out for you. Luckily, no dishonesty has happened with me and my Suboxone over the years. I've always dealt with CVS and stay with just one to keep it all looking proper. They've always been very polite about it too. I guess each store no matter who the name is, are only going to be as good as their employee's. One thief can ruin a reputation for company name if they get a lot of press.

I didn't realize the box was different with the films. Did you report the theft back then so the employee got caught? With all the cameras everywhere nowadays you'd think no one could get away with theft anymore. They'll still try their best. Amazing how many thieves there are in the world. But then, drug addicts will do whatever necessary to get their fix.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Memory is a funny thing, and mine is apparently not as good as I thought. I went back and read that old thread (2011). It was 9 films not 10, it was Walgreens not Rite-Aid, and the box wasn’t sealed. But I DO remember what bothered me the most, was that they called my DOCTOR and questioned him about my CHARACTER. Can you believe that?

I was told the tech who dispensed it was a “student”, and after the pharmacy suddenly decided to replace my missing films (with no explanation as to why they changed their mind), I never saw him again. I’m pretty sure they must have caught him on the security cameras or something.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Lilly! I'm super glad you got that straightened out without any foolishness on their part. I bet that was a nightmare when your 8 mg strips were stolen. It just sounds so shady that they marked out the amount with a magic marker. You would think everything would at least be printed out. I hope your doing well on your 2 mg. Your forum friend, Angie