|Five Things I Am Grateful For...
|Page 3 of 5|
|Author:||Diary of a Quitter [ Mon May 23, 2011 1:16 am ]|
|Post subject:||Sunday is my Friday|
It's nice to see everyone participating & having the opportunity to read your posts. We are blessed indeed.
Today I'm grateful for:
1. My sense of humor.
2. Bonding with two wonderful new friends - both strong, intelligent women.
3. New socks - purple super-fine merino wool knee-socks with black polka-dots. I love splurging on fancy sox!
4. My incredibly chill roommate who always makes me laugh.
5. I'm grateful for all the people who are currently advocating for full civil & human rights for LGBT people. Things are so much better than they were when I was a kid; I wonder what it will be like in another 20-30 years??
On that note, have you guys seen the It Gets Better Project? If you haven't, you should check it out. Some of the videos are profoundly moving and inspiring. I like to go watch a few when I'm feeling sorry for myself - it usually snaps me right out of my pity party.
|Author:||Romeo [ Mon May 23, 2011 2:23 am ]|
#1---sitting under a nice shade tree on a warm sunny day.
#2---SPF 5000 tanning lotion....I burn TOO easy.
#3---Disney World!! I'd move there if I could.
#4---watching a live band.
#5---I have a great job.
|Author:||lulubelle [ Mon May 23, 2011 1:07 pm ]|
|Post subject:||monday's five!|
1) my younger brother who is so shy and quiet finally opened up to me about his depression. I am so happy that he felt comfortable confiding in me.
2) the sounds of my 2 yr old snoring and sighing in his sleep next to me .
3) my daughter actually wore the outfit I put out for her to wear today!! This is a big one! Sometimes she changes 5 or 6 times and fusses like a madwoman!
4) my closet is clean!! Only took me 4 hrs!
5) my Frye boots.
|Author:||hatmaker510 [ Mon May 23, 2011 3:24 pm ]|
1 - My first day at work in 4 years was a short and easy one (just training).
2 - I may have said this before, but I'm so grateful for CABLE TV.
3 - The ultra soft fur on the noses of my dogs.
4 - Nail polish in really unusual colors.
5 - The sound of wind chimes, especially during rain.
|Author:||Babydoll [ Mon May 23, 2011 3:45 pm ]|
|Post subject:||5 things for Monday|
1. Sky plus TV with series link for all our favourute Discovery documentaries
3. That I love my job (at the moment anyway).
4. The unconditional love that animals give to us.
5. The microwave so I can make dinner quickly after a full day at work
|Author:||Romeo [ Mon May 23, 2011 11:51 pm ]|
I am thankful for one thing 5 times over tonight.
#1---my first ever meeting, NA
#2---listening to others in the meeting
#3---the four new friends I made tonight in the meeting
#4---getting out of myself
#5---Hugs from the members.
I am SO very happy that I attended a meeting tonight and I am SO fortunate to have met 4 wonderful people who helped (and laughed their butts off with me) as they guided me through my first ever meeting. I learned a lot tonight. I am so glad I finally went to a meeting.
|Author:||Diary of a Quitter [ Tue May 24, 2011 1:57 am ]|
|Post subject:||Monday, again!|
1. My friend went to his first NA meeting today!
2. A day of rest that I really needed.
3. Love and support from my partner when I was feeling down.
4. True crime books.
5. Sandalwood oil.
|Author:||annabella65 [ Tue May 24, 2011 2:22 am ]|
|Post subject:||So happy!|
I've been slacking on my daily gratitude list for a while now, not sure why except that I've been down in the dumps a bit. However, I just read something that made me really happy though, so I want to say I am:
1. Thankful that Romeo went to a meeting and had just as great of an experience as I expected him too! I know I don't post alot around here but I do read alot, and Romeo, I have always thought that you would get a lot out of meetings. I love them and my life has changed so much because of them. One of the best things about meetings is the laughing and making friends so easily if one is open to it. You have such an incredible sense of humor and a strong spiritual faith Romeo; I figured you'd feel pretty comfortable at meetings once you got to one. I hope you keep going and that you find it as rewarding and valuable as I have.
2. Thankful for my stable job with decent benefits.
3. Thankful that my Shiba Inu dog Kimono is almost done blowing her coat. We could knit a couple sweaters with all the fur/undercoat she's lost in the past few weeks.
4. Thankful for the Furminator. Actually all five gratitudes could be thankful for the Furminator. It's a magical grooming tool that removes doggie undercoat faster than I can believe!
5. Thankful that the cat, Earl, is a shorthair and doesn't seem to shed much at all.
|Author:||Romeo [ Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 am ]|
OMGosh, thank you SO much for the support DoaQ and Annabella, you two just stunned the heck out of me. I'm at work and I'm fighting back tears right now because of what you two just said. If I was at the house, I'd be bawling.
*sigh*, I just can't thank ALL of you enough for the support and advice I've got......I wish you guys could see the gratitude that my heart feels.
|Author:||Romeo [ Tue May 24, 2011 3:51 pm ]|
Hmmm, let me try to get a little creative here:
#1---Indoor plumbing. Went to a cottage up north once and all they had was an out-house.
#2---Electricity. Yeah, that stupid cottage didn't have electricity either!! No TV, no radio....what in the hell had I gotten myself into?
#3---Sleeping bags. No electricity, no heat!! Thank goodness we had sleeping bags otherwise we would have froze our butts off.
#4---A shotgun. There were black bears that would come around towards evening and purposely scare the hell out of me. Mean ass bears!!
#5---Arriving back in civilization (aka, my house!!)
|Author:||Diary of a Quitter [ Wed May 25, 2011 1:05 am ]|
1. Guilty-pleasure TV shows.
2. Time to read to and snuggle my daughter before bed.
3. Ginger candy.
4. A beautiful sunny evening.
5. My boss, who is awesome.
|Author:||hatmaker510 [ Wed May 25, 2011 6:36 am ]|
2 - Gas prices are still going down.
3 - The new job is only about 7 minutes away from home.
4 - I have a great PCP/Sub doctor
5 - Paid holidays
|Author:||johnboy [ Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 am ]|
|Post subject:||five things i am great full for|
1 a very nice walk in the sun this morning..wow
2 picked a bunch of dandelion greens. yuk bitter
3 have a moderator + power poster to share subs with. ha oh
4that i'm alive and cooking.
5 playing piano.
|Author:||lulubelle [ Wed May 25, 2011 4:30 pm ]|
1. Sunny days
2. Playing in the sprinkler
3. The ice cream truck
4. Summer dresses
5. Friends...I have such great friends. Nothing like laughing until your stomach hurts.
|Author:||Romeo [ Wed May 25, 2011 10:27 pm ]|
#1---babies. There was a newborn at the meeting tonight!!
#2---new baby smell. The young mother let me hold the baby!! Love that new baby smell.
#3---the Hubble Space Telescope and its spectacular images of the universe we live in, once it got its eyes fixed anyway.
#4---the deer that visit my backyard.
#5---V-8 engines. They're hell on gas, but fun to drive!!
|Author:||Diary of a Quitter [ Thu May 26, 2011 12:25 am ]|
1. Firefly (tv show)
2. Asian Pears
3. My Tempurpedic bed...aahhhh
4. The sound of rain on the roof during an afternoon nap
5. Time to meditate
This thread is the best.
|Author:||hatmaker510 [ Thu May 26, 2011 6:40 am ]|
1 - Paid holidays
2 - Puppy bellies
3 - The smell of gardenias
4 - People with unique senses of humor
5 - My state representative - she rocks!
|Author:||Romeo [ Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 am ]|
Oh Hatmaker, you almost had the perfect 5 things to be grateful for. Paid Holidays--check! Puppy Bellies--check! The smell of Gardenias--check! People with unique senses of humor--check!
You rode it right off the rails when you mentioned that your state representative was a she though. Everyone knows that women in politics is just silly, except you women I guess!!
----- ------- ------------ ------------------- --------------------------------
SO just teasing at ya!! I just couldn't resist.
Yikes, you're gonna make me pay for this, aren't you?
|Author:||Babydoll [ Thu May 26, 2011 4:33 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Thursday five|
1. The thunderstorm we had this afternoon - the ground needs the rain water
2. Tomorrow is Friday and every friday is dress down day in the office I work at
3. Getting through another day (had a wee little slip on Tuesday and Wednesday, gave in to cravings and got some H ) But stopped myself carring on and got back on my S today
4. My mum and dad's dog - he's called spud and I love him to pieces
5. I work with a lovely bunch of people. It's not where you work that matters sometimes but the people that work there, and having the right people to work with makes such a difference when you think you spend so many hours with them every week.
5.1 just thought of another one - had a Â£150 bonus in my pay packet this month - whooop!
Love to you all x C x
|Author:||Romeo [ Thu May 26, 2011 6:56 pm ]|
YAY for BabyDoll for stopping her H quickly and getting back on Sub. I know how terribly difficult it is to stop. Good for you for catching it quickly. Now don't do it again, OK?
|Page 3 of 5||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group