It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:24 pm 
[align=left]
Hello all! Let me first off start by apologizing for my horrendous writing ability, I do not write often.
My name is Brandon and I have been an addict for about a year now and it has been quite the roller coaster
ride. After deciding a one hundred milligram a day morphine habit was not for me ( I have been an athlete of
great proportions since around the age of 12, I am now 18 years of age ). I went to the local Sub doctor about
half an hour drive away and he has been a huge help and very active in my recovery. I started a Suboxone
program with him and within six weeks of working out had achieved the average of running six to seven miles a day
at a decent pace plus strength and other various conditioning after the initial run. After all though as us all being addicts
we get to confident in our ability to steer clear of our drug of choice and stay in the realm of sobriety, so there for i
relapsed telling myself the age old excuse , " I can do it just once there is no harm, I have become stronger than my
addiction". I know what your thinking, how laughable as we have all been in this position before i am sure of.

So after this relapse I took another visit to the Sub doctor and got on the 2MG N2s which i was supposed to take
a half of the tablet, and start the water tapering method. The Suboxone took time for me to get back used to so the first
day of withdrawal I over did it took 3MG, Second day 2MG, Third day 1.5MG, and the Fourth which is today I am on 1MG
my supposed dose. But i feel very groggy and have been tired all day to the point i am debating just going to sleep, and
the first time I was on Suboxone I started running no problem and achieved distance quickly. Well today being the fourth day on it I went to run, got to a half mile and threw up and could not even take deep breaths. I have never felt like this before
nor have i ever even smoked, so you can see why this is quite scary to me. Yesterday i ran a course of one mile did not feel near as sick but I also could not take deep breaths its my my lung capacity is at a mere twenty percent. Teach me not to relapse again I guess, could someone clear this up for me and explain this somehow? Because i am quite perplexed at the idea
of this happening over such a short period of time. And once again i am sorry for my poor writing this is my first post after lurking for quite sometime.[/align]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you could answer a few questions it might be helpful.

The first time you were on suboxone, how long were you on it and at what dosage?

When you relapsed, what did you take and how long were you on it before going back on the sub?

When you started the suboxone again, were you in withdrawal at the time and how long had it been before your last dose of opiates and also what was the last opiate you took before going back on the sub?

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:19 pm 
Jackcrack wrote:
If you could answer a few questions it might be helpful.

The first time you were on suboxone, how long were you on it and at what dosage?

When you relapsed, what did you take and how long were you on it before going back on the sub?

When you started the suboxone again, were you in withdrawal at the time and how long had it been before your last dose of opiates and also what was the last opiate you took before going back on the sub?

Cherie

I was on it for about two months and in that period started at 4mg and went to two eventually.
I relapsed and took between 20 to 30 mg a codeine a day for about a week long period.
Yes i was in withdrawal and the first dose of suboxone was the day after a dose of full antogonist opiates.
The last i opiate i took was oxycodone 5MG IR before going back on the suboxone. Thank you so much for your time.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey Omnie....welcome to the forum, and congratulations on getting back on sub after a relapse...it takes a lot of 'pride-swallowing' to go back to your sub doc and admit that you relapsed...so congrats on making the courageous decision to tell the truth.

In addition to Jack's questions, I have one more....how EXACTLY are you taking your sub (time of day, how long do you let it dissolve, do you eat while taking it, etc)? I just want to make sure that you aren't having an absorption problem.

Also, did sub work for you before and did you have any side effects at that time?

Best of luck....and again, welcome!

Elizabeth

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 pm 
ene579 wrote:
Hey Omnie....welcome to the forum, and congratulations on getting back on sub after a relapse...it takes a lot of 'pride-swallowing' to go back to your sub doc and admit that you relapsed...so congrats on making the courageous decision to tell the truth.

In addition to Jack's questions, I have one more....how EXACTLY are you taking your sub (time of day, how long do you let it dissolve, do you eat while taking it, etc)? I just want to make sure that you aren't having an absorption problem.

Also, did sub work for you before and did you have any side effects at that time?

Best of luck....and again, welcome!

Elizabeth

"Onnie" lol middle name. I take my sub everday after being awake for a couple hours around 12 or 1, put it under my tongue, dont spit or swallow ( haha unlike my girlfriend) just kinda hold it in there hahahaha lol sorry a little immature right now. also i dont eat or drink anything following an hour after, and no before the first time i was taking them, i was not even letting them absorb as much as now, and DID not have any side affects affecting my lung capacity and energy levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How often is your girlfriend doing that .....Is it after you dose? It's possible she is getting more of the sub than you are..........sorry a little immature alot of times. Wish I knew how to address your other problem. Good Luck.

Jim

I know........boys settle down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:33 am 
ReRaise wrote:
How often is your girlfriend doing that .....Is it after you dose? It's possible she is getting more of the sub than you are..........sorry a little immature alot of times. Wish I knew how to address your other problem. Good Luck.

Jim

I know........boys settle down.

Wha?????!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It sounds like your worrying to much about being a athlete then you are being sober? You should worry about being sober before anything else in your life right now or relapse is sure to come again and again. good luck hope you make the right choice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have no idea what is causing your problem. BUT....I do think both you and ReRaise (Jim) are funny. I wish I could help.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:28 pm 
RonnieSr79 wrote:
It sounds like your worrying to much about being a athlete then you are being sober? You should worry about being sober before anything else in your life right now or relapse is sure to come again and again. good luck hope you make the right choice!

Thats a cop out dude, and not what i asked and so me focusing on being an athlete is affecting my lung capacity? or relapses are sure to come if i focus on something i love instead of getting high? haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

A cop out? Its the truth tough to listen to? Do it your own way then. you worry about your running more then your sobriety your in for rude awakening. And in no way was I being mean to you at all so take it as u will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ronnie, cut it out, will ya?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ohhhhh sorry for the real talk forgot your so sensitive.... Can't speak the truth in here nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It has nothing to do with sensitivity, you're being rude, and you know it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

There's a difference between being rude and hard with a newcomer if your not strait foward with them and tell them the hardcore truth then u mite loose them forever. So there's a big difference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess I'm not seeing what the problem is in participating in athletics or any other healthy activity. I see that as a positive part of sobriety. To begin with, it seems like most experts recommend exercise as part of an overall recovery program. There are all sorts of documented benefits to exercise as well as thousands of positive reports from addicts regarding how much better they feel during and after exercise. Plus, part of recovery is getting yourself involved and focused on things other than drug use. Having a vocation, hobby, job, whatever... seems to be a very positive part of sobriety. When taking all of this into account, I am confused as to why it would be a bad thing to focus on athletics or any other healthy activity. Certainly if the person stops taking Bup or stops attending meetings, seeing a councilor, etc., because it is interfering with their time spent with athletics, that would be a concern. Without a doubt, sobriety should be the number one focus - however I can't at all agree that it should be the only focus. In fact, stopping some of these other healthy behaviors, including athletics, might actually cause relapse - not the other way around. It’s harder to abuse drugs while running a dozen miles a day than it is sitting on the couch or in front of the computer.

As for everything else, it sometimes is not what is said, it’s how it is said. It’s often hard to “get” a person through the written word – especially if the person is prone to rather short, terse, to the point, posts. I’m hoping that’s what is happening in this case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I never said being healthy and being a athlete is bad thing being a former football player myself. I must have worded my post the wrong way considering everyone took offense to it. sorry I post from my phone its a pain in the ass. Next time I will fully explain myself .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:50 pm 
I just got done lifting and its like i cant take deep breaths, will this get better anyone? I dont smoke why is my lung capacity so small is it from the relapse?!?!?!? if this does not heal soon i need to see my doctor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't see how it's related to the suboxone or the relapse, but I'm NOT a doctor.
Do you take any other medications that could be depressing your respiratory system?

I definitely think you should see a doctor. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My guess is that it may not be from either. I think people often think it must be the suboxone when in fact it can be a lot of other things. I work out on suboxone and I don't have any problems with lung capacity (not that I am the be all end all of research....but it isn't a common side effect). On the other hand, any time you take a new medication you can have all kinds of side effects, but since you didn't have this problem the last time, I think we can rule out allergy to the medication. Were you running regularly right up to before taking the suboxone? I would probably go to a doctor if this doesn't go away.

Cherie