It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Veterans suboxone clinic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm a veteran who has been struggling with addiction since my sets in 2001. I got everything else beat except for opiates. Heroin opana it's all the same to me as long as it doesn't have Tylenol in it. Anyway , I'm trying to get in the suboxone clinic in murfreesboro, and I have an appointment for an assesment on tuesday. Do I need to puss clean of do I need the opiates in my system? Is anyone else a vet in the sub program?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:53 pm 

Hey Badgerman welcome to the forum!

I'm not a veteran, so can't help ya there. Are u talking about Murfreesboro Tennessee? I'm from Tennessee also, about 45min from Knoxville.

To answer ur question about ur urine screen, I think it's standard for opiates to be in ur system for ur first screen. It's actually the one time u can pee dirty lol. Of course there's others circumstances like someone who's already taking sub off the street who's not going to have any opiates in their system, or ppl who've not relapsed yet but extremely concerned that they will and decided to get on suboxone. But for the most part, the Dr probably wants to see a positive screen to know ur really a drug addict. So u shouldn't worry about that.

Hope everything goes well for u Tuesday!! Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Badgerman,
there are several variables in play here. Have you been in treatment or detox at that facility? If so they would know your addiction history. If not get records if available that show your history. I don't always require a UA with opiates on board. Example, someone coming from corrections to a half way house, or a locked treatment facility. I've had people complete treatment and been clean (not sober) for the 28 days and are on the verge of using, I'll start them as well.
As you have probably figured out getting clean in only the first part of the battle, staying clean is the tough part where buprenorphine can help.
Lots of VA's are also sponsoring SMART Recovery Groups as well.
Thanks for your service, you are not alone in this journey.