It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's to sad so many people have no idea as to what the medicine your taking really is. It's really sad all the people trying to hide suboxone use from doctors while PREGNANT! and asking for advise what to do 2 days before labor. So selfish! You really can't give up drugs for 9 months of your life to avoid your baby being born a drug addict(yes you are taking a drug suboxone is a opiate just like heroin and oxy contin are). If your going to take subs at least be safe! Tell your doctor right away your on them, so he can take proper precautions.if you think oh it's okay my baby will withdraw a week and it'll be over. Is that how it works? If it is everyone wouldn't always relapse all the time. You using narcotics while pregnant willl affect your baby his /her whole life, it will be born with the disease off addiction 100%, vs only 25 percent if you hadn't of done drugs while pregnant but are a drug addict, 50% if both parents are addicts. Hope some women read this and stop taking them if they plan on getting pregnant or are in the early stages. Get educated suboxone is like taking oxy contin, percocets, heroin, methadone while pregnant. An opiate is an opiate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:01 am 

Wow! You sound so ignorant that I don't even where to start. Apart from the spelling and grammatical errors in your post, it is obvious that you have done very little research on suboxone and pregnancy. Doctors who are familiar with suboxone advise against withdrawal from suboxone during pregnancy. It is irresponsible to suggest that women who get pregnant while on suboxone stop taking it for the nine months they are pregnant. It is reprehensible to suggest that women who don't immediately quit suboxone while pregnant are somehow being selfish. I can't believe that you would equate a pregnant woman on suboxone with a pregnant woman who is in the throes of active addiction and abusing other opiates like heroin and oxycontin. The fact that suboxone is also an opiate doesn't mean that there is no difference between a pregnant woman on suboxone and one shooting up heroin. The people in this situation who have posted here obviously care deeply about their babies, despite your implication of the opposite. They have a disease that they are trying to treat responsibly, while still protecting themselves and their families from the intrusion of government agencies and doctors who are potentially ignorant about the drug suboxone. It is not so outside the realm of possibility that there are medical professionals who are so judgmental of addicts that they will automatically assume the worst and start a newborn on an unneeded course of morphine to punish the addicted mother. Not all babies experience withdrawal!

Please show me a study, a statistic, even a theorem that a baby born to an opiate addicted mother is 100% doomed to be addicted himself. There is research-based evidence that genetics play a role in addiction, but that does not mean that you can use Punnett's Square to determine the likelihood of addiction being passed to a baby. It's not as clear cut as Cystic Fibrosis or Huntington's Disease.

The most objectionable thing about your rant is that it is obviously at least partially directed at Eleven's recent thread, and to whom you most recently replied. Your post completely mischaracterizes Eleven's situation, as did your post in her thread. Eleven did inform her OB about her use of suboxone. She is two weeks from delivering her child, not two days. She has done a lot of research on suboxone and pregnancy, with which you obviously have not burdened yourself.

I have to wonder about the motivations of someone whose post contains nothing but antagonism and self-righteous condemnation. If you were truly interested in educating and saving babies from physical distress, you would find a more positive, encouraging way of speaking that would reach people. No. It seems that you are more interested in shaming, browbeating, and provoking people who are in vulnerable states. That accomplishes nothing, outside of that warm glow of superiority you may feel.

Amy

Post subject: Learn
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is in no way devoted at a specific persons, eleven or whoever you said not to sure what you were talkin about. My first time browsing this site and I immediately noticed the misconception people(especially pregnant women) have about this narcotic.I've been on sub for about 15 months and I love it, but I know it's just a substitute and im still 100% currently addicted to opiates, only difference is I get my drugs from a pharmacy not a drug dealer. This drug is an opiate,if the mom stops taking subs after 9 months cold turkey we all know what's going to happen, why would it be any different for the baby living inside her?I don't think their bad moms, if they were taking OxyContin for pain and got pregnant I'd hope they would stop, or plan ahead stop then get pregnant. It should be the same exact for suboxone people just have the misconception it isn't drug. It's one of the more powerful opiates in the medical field actually, give 1 mg to a opiate nieve person they will be sick for a day, compared to 1 mg of oxycodone to a opiate nieve person and they wouldnt even feel it. Im not bashing women On suboxone I just honestly don't think they know what suboxone really is, or just want to think its something else when they really know its a opiate, and the baby will more then not be Born in WDs. Then they get mad at the nurses for being rude,the nurse should be that way the baby dint have a choice or ask to be born into something I don't wish on my worst enemy. Anyway? Hope this cleared it up in one way or another, in here to educate, not humiliate.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:58 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

oclafsti wrote:
It's to sad so many people have no idea as to what the medicine your taking really is. It's really sad all the people trying to hide suboxone use from doctors while PREGNANT! and asking for advise what to do 2 days before labor. So selfish! You really can't give up drugs for 9 months of your life to avoid your baby being born a drug addict(yes you are taking a drug suboxone is a opiate just like heroin and oxy contin are). If your going to take subs at least be safe! Tell your doctor right away your on them, so he can take proper precautions.if you think oh it's okay my baby will withdraw a week and it'll be over. Is that how it works? If it is everyone wouldn't always relapse all the time. You using narcotics while pregnant willl affect your baby his /her whole life, it will be born with the disease off addiction 100%, vs only 25 percent if you hadn't of done drugs while pregnant but are a drug addict, 50% if both parents are addicts. Hope some women read this and stop taking them if they plan on getting pregnant or are in the early stages. Get educated suboxone is like taking oxy contin, percocets, heroin, methadone while pregnant. An opiate is an opiate!

I agree with you that an opiate is an opiate is an opiate...but do you know the difference between an antagonist and an antiantagonist...between demerol and talwin??? bup is not like taking oxy, percs, heroin, meth..because if all i ever had was bup, i would have never been addicted...it gives me no euphoria...and taking more does not do more...that is the beauty of the drug...it stops the craving for the other opiates, which in my case took more and more to reach the same effect.

You also seem to really like your drugs....are you on bup to try and help your addiction, or just to feel good without getting arrested getting your doc from a dealer on the street..and this pregnant thing...a woman cannot stop bup during preg. because the baby will suffer the same withdrawal the mother has and this will cause miscarriage or other serious problems.

I don't know what your thing is, but you really have me confused.

Slipper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

oclafsti wrote:
This is in no way devoted at a specific persons, eleven or whoever you said not to sure what you were talkin about. My first time browsing this site and I immediately noticed the misconception people(especially pregnant women) have about this narcotic.I've been on sub for about 15 months and I love it, but I know it's just a substitute and im still 100% currently addicted to opiates, only difference is I get my drugs from a pharmacy not a drug dealer. This drug is an opiate,if the mom stops taking subs after 9 months cold turkey we all know what's going to happen, why would it be any different for the baby living inside her?I don't think their bad moms, if they were taking OxyContin for pain and got pregnant I'd hope they would stop, or plan ahead stop then get pregnant. It should be the same exact for suboxone people just have the misconception it isn't drug. It's one of the more powerful opiates in the medical field actually, give 1 mg to a opiate nieve person they will be sick for a day, compared to 1 mg of oxycodone to a opiate nieve person and they wouldnt even feel it. Im not bashing women On suboxone I just honestly don't think they know what suboxone really is, or just want to think its something else when they really know its a opiate, and the baby will more then not be Born in WDs. Then they get mad at the nurses for being rude,the nurse should be that way the baby dint have a choice or ask to be born into something I don't wish on my worst enemy. Anyway? Hope this cleared it up in one way or another, in here to educate, not humiliate.

ONE MORE THING.. If you are here to EDUCATE, make sure you know what your are EDUCATING.......

Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ironic (aka-noalibi), is that you again??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ughh...are you SERIOUS? Get an education. You are preaching to a bunch of people who are very familiar with the medications that they are on, not only familiar, but extremely educated. Seriously, get a clue! Do some research!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No subs saved me from addiction, they are nectar from the gods for us addicts,( like every other opiate)but I feel guilty when I do go to a NA meeting because I no in not really clean, I thought I wasn't high until I had to go a day without subs and realized wow this is alot different then on subs, I know the truth hurts sometimes so you guys make me sound like I have no idea what in talking about but I'm pretty educated in this field.Anyone who says there currently not still a drug addict while taking subs is lying to them selves, but it keeps us from are addictive behaviors Wich were are real problem while obtaining them illegally. Sorry for the typos writing this from my phone. Wish everyone health and happiness and prosperity , Namaste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oclafsti - This is an official warning. You are in violation of the forum rules.

We are not here to debate whether Suboxone patients are "really clean" or not.

We are not here to judge the actions or decisions of pregnant women who take Suboxone.

Making statements like this:

Quote:
You using narcotics while pregnant willl affect your baby his /her whole life, it will be born with the disease off addiction 100%, vs only 25 percent if you hadn't of done drugs while pregnant but are a drug addict, 50% if both parents are addicts.

Without backing it up in some way is egregious spreading of misinformation. The statements above are NOT TRUE. In fact, I'm so concerned about this statement that I'm going to raise the issue of deleting your post with the other moderators.

For now, I'm just going to lock this thread as your posts have been addressed and there's really nothing good to come of this as far as I can see. Feel free to PM me or another mod if you have any questions.

-Jack Kornfield

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]