It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I peaked at 8 milligrams and started a slow taper last month. I am knocking off a milligram per month and started taking 6 for the first time today. I was taking 6.5 milligrams for the three previous days. I am noticing increased anxiety, yesterday had some body temp regulation problems. I also remember feeling the same last month when I dropped from 8 to 7. I got a pretty serious headache one day and have been hazy. I also had slight cravings, which I hardly have. I have been "clean" for almost 10 months

I just want to make sure this is normal. It is nothing serious and obviously nothing I cannot handle. I am thinking I might be hyper-sensitive or something, because when I would use opiates I would only use for a few weeks and then taper myself off and not use for a few months (problem was I did this for years). I am being very cautious during my taper and am going to take it very slow. My doctor said that he is giving me pretty much free reign on how I am doing it. He hasn't encouraged me to get off, but I want to at least get down to a smaller dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's not unusual to feel some withdrawals when dropping one's dose like that. You said you just dropped to 6 mg, from 7 mg, is that correct? You could always slow down your taper a bit. One way people do it is to drop a milligram and alternate days, such as 7 mg one day, then 8, then 7, then 8, and so forth, until stabilized at which time you'll have dropped to 7.5 mg rather painlessly. I know it's a much slower process, but the idea is the less you feel your taper, the better. Or you can stick with where you are and if your w/d symptoms aren't that bad just ride it out. Hang in there and feel better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes, I did drop from 7 to 6. I am trying to drop a milligram a month. Still not sure if my goal is to get off completely or just lower my dose. Thanks for the info, I never thought about alternating days. That might be a good strategy to use next time, or maybe even today if I start to feel worse. Length of time does not really matter to me, like I said I want to do this correctly and am being very conservative. I see so many jumping off so rapidly, which I doubt I could do. Like I said, 99.5 percent of the time when I was using I would end up tapering myself off. I was the master at it, which of course became another excuse to go on a "run". Oh well, no more. cannot live in the past.

Also, did I post this in the wrong forum? If so, sorry about that. Feel free to move it to the correct forum.