It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Handling ronnie? 1st off my wife is the only one handling me. 2nd not angry at all I'm just strait up and no bullshit. So don't use my name if u don't know me.

Post subject: Anti subs sites...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I understand the emotions rising and tempers flaring a bit. However... nothing wrong with other websites knocking subs as long as they don't distort the facts. Their opinions are important for dialogue and that creates debate/controversery which fuels the process for education and research. I'm happy for all websites focused on recovery.... regrdless of their bias... and don't care if they come from miserable or happy people. I think it's more important to have two sides of this subject to discuss online... rather than one. We're fortunate for that. There are countries where that isn't the case.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When opinions are presented as facts people can get in trouble. Personally I filter everything no matter where it comes from because no one knows me better than I know myself. Real experiences from people who don't have an agenda are priceless. Personally I haven't noticed anyone posting here who isn't "strait up and no bullshit". At the end of the day I think were all here for the same reasons, we want to either get well and/or help other people get well.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

re "Today is my 3rd day tapering from 8mg to 4mg"

I have been thinking that the percent of change is more significant than the actual mg of change. Jumping from 8 to 40 is a 50% reduction. How is that going for you? I guess well, otherwise you wouldn't be on your 3rd day?

After reading the article posted at the beginning of this thread, I've decided to try an experiment on myself. Should be easy to revert if it doesn't work out. The basis is that article puts forth the idea that once you are past the normal period of withdrawal on your original drug (a week or so), there is a period of time when you are no longer addicted to the original drug and also not addicted to Suboxone yet. (the article says up to 21 days.) If this is true, then theoretically one could just stop the Suboxone after 7 days or so, and have no ill effects (withdrawal from Suboxone). I've been dropping about some mg every 3 days since the second day. Yesterday was my first day at 12mg. I'm on day 10 of Suboxone. I'm going to attempt dropping immediately to 8mg today. I am going to try to drop as quickly as I can within 21 days. I had heard that stopping Suboxone was markedly easier if done within days or a few weeks, but I had never read anything so specific as the 21 day cut off mentioned in the article. Most clinics/doctors seem to recommend using Sub for at least a few months before beginning to taper. I think I saw someone here mention being on Sub for just a few days in an in patient facility just for the purpose of detoxing off the original drug. They didn't really talk much about the symptoms they experienced doing that. It seems unlikely that this is some magic bullet that lets one skip withdrawals with such ease. But then, that's the kind of stuff science and medicine are supposed to do! It definitely doesn't seem like that's the way Sub is marketed to be used (short period, fast taper, just for the purpose of detoxing immediately from another opiate.) Wish me luck.

Post subject: Good Luck!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

subjohn wrote:
Should be easy to revert if it doesn't work out.

That's my theory too along with "less is more". I had originally planned to taper every 30 days and go from 8 to 6 - 6 to 4 - 4 to 2 and then try to quit. Now I'm just going to try cutting my taper doses in half every 2 weeks. Good luck to us all!

This is by no means a guideline I would suggest for anyone else. I just feel like it will work for me, Ill be my own guinea pig :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Matt2 wrote:
Wow a summary written by some random person....... I'll definately trust what he has to say over someone who's been to med school... I'm tempted to write an article about the existence of Bigfoot based on my own summary of posts on forums and then not list any peer reviewed sources from which I obtained my knowledge. In fact why do we even need doctors or anyone with any kind of experience other than their own?

I realize this was an old post, but I found it to be very amusing. Thanks for the laugh Matt2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I saw Bigfoot once........he is real......very real. He apparently likes beef jerky and he is in alot of commercials now...I heard he may even be in a movie soon. I hope so..........you know they found some cavemen awhile back and they have been in alot of commercials too...I hope the Chupa Cabbras makes an appearance soon.......Isn't it great to be happy again..thanks sub for giving me my life back....I will work on my humor....Promise.