It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am trying to keep this all in perspective, but currently it is difficult. Wonderful Doctor, and an even better medicine. This has been a wonderful day. I just hope this continues to work the way it started. Like most of you started on two doses of
8 mg/ day. Started by taking 4 mg in office, nothing really noticable, but after adding another 4 mg one hour later, it really kicked in. Not really what I would consider a high. But, no desire to use, in my case, obsess!! My internal demons have been knocked on thier ass! One day at a time, and tonite as I prepare to sleep, honestly looking forward to tomorrow with hope that I have not had for a long time. I wanted to write something different than everyone else, but this kinda sounds familiar, doesn't it? Bring it on!!

God Bless

Post subject: WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:24 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

" Your in the right place " The sleep thing is a difficult issue, let suboxone stabalize your life, Hell, let suboxone stabalize your "New" life.. Good luck and wishes, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so glad you're doing well! It's a great first step isn't it? A huge and wonderful first step and removes us from the vicious cycle of active addiction. I just wanted to say WELCOME to your addiction remission!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think I will ever forget how that first dose of suboxone really felt. My doctor, who tends to do things differently, did NOT have me inducted in the office. He wrote my prescription and sent me on my way. He told me to take a single 8mg tablet and let it slowly dissolve under my tongue then don't take anything more for at least 8 hours.

To be perfectly honest, that first dose got me high as a kite :lol:

And while I certainly enjoyed how it made me feel, there was a little bit of concern lingering under the surface, because I wasn't sure if this was going to be a good thing for me if my new medication was going to make me feel "high" all the time.

But within a day or two I realized that I was no longer getting any kind of euphoria from the drug and, in fact, just felt......."normal" for the first time in months, or maybe even years.

And I'm glad it turned out that way. I'm glad this drug is different from Methadone in that way. And I'm not knocking Methadone, but knowing myself, I'd probably end up abusing methadone.

Anyway, WELCOME TO YOUR LIFE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am really glad to hear you are doing so great! It is nice to actually look forward to the next day. I remember not wanting to go to sleep because I dreaded starting all over again the next day in the vicious cycle I was in. Congratulations. You never have to be in "active addiction" again. Enjoy your new life!

*Christopher Robin to Pooh

Post subject: Congrats
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats on a successful induction. For me every day is like the first day of taking Sub - except it only gets better. Yes, life does show up but that's okay, I don't have to pick up when it does. When life does show up my first thoughts aren't about using. It's nice to sit back and take a deep breath and realize the fight is over. :roll: For me it was a major weight lifted off my shoulders. You know now that I have been around the forum a little bit, I have noticed something really cool... It's so awesome to see someone post that is in active addiction seeking recovery and then see the complete turnaround after induction. At least for most people I must add. For me in the program it took months and months to get this which wasn't a bad thing either. Suboxone is such a wonderful tool to give you a major kick start in recover. Well, it's nice to hear another successful induction. Keep us updated on your status!! SuperBuper

Post subject: Welcome ......
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:03 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi HeadwatersRescue,
Hello and Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on taking a huge step in YOUR RECOVERY.. I hope you enjoy it here on the Forum? There are many Recovering people out here that are willing to help you any way they can!! If you feel up to it down the road please share some of your "Story"..... Only if you feel comfortable doing so :).. I have been here for about a year now and this place has become a huge part of MY Recovery...... I hope you get as much out of it as I have!!!! Best of luck and please keep us posted on your Progress..... Take Care!

God Bless
TW

Post subject: Look for my story....
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I will try and start telling my story in the My Story part of the forum. Otherwise, I am moving on from this intro phase, thank you to all those who were so kind to respond to my fears, Interesting thing is fears.......the abscence of drug fear and obsession has left a hole inside of me, presently I am filling it with everything except drugs!! But, alot of recovery ahead, least the horizon is brighter this time around, hope it will stay that way.