It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok so in my area there are about 30 sub doctors none of which are wanting to do subutex or treat a pregnant lady. Im taking sub on the street and have slowly weaned down to like 1.25 milligrams to 1.5 and still weaning my big problem is i have to pay 20 bucks a pill and my connect alays runs out. so my idea until i can get subutex next month from a friend up north is to just go to a sub doctor and just not tell them im pregnant being im only like 5 weeks pregant. My question is they woudlnt know if i was pregnang unless i told them right? and yes i know this is not the smartest thing to do but it will get me enough to hold me over until i can get some subutex in a few weeks and im sure its way better than going cold turkey for me and the baby. please let me know ladies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Personally, I would not mention that I was pregnant if I was in your situation. I would not /did not tell anyone I was pregnant until I was 3 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so they wont give me an actual pregnancy test there will they? ive heard thats unheard of specially since im not showing what so ever

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Rachelove,

Sorry you are in this situation. I don't even know what I would do if I was in your situation but...

My sub doc tests me for pregnancy at every visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sorry you are going through this and it is sad that doctors are not willing to help you. I would think it would be safer to put ;you on subs rather than WD's. Some of this Dr's I just have to question thier reasons for being a Dr.

At this point I would agree with SWEET16, you have to care for yourself and unborn child. I would do exactly what I had to do to stay out of WD's and away from active addition. I would think once you would find a doctor then he\she would keep treating you if at a later date that you were pregant. So I would find a Dr. 1st then next month you can tell them your pregant. Then your not having to pay $20 a pill.

Good Luck to you
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well thats my plan but i just need some input from a few ladies to find out if they give pregnancy tests at all appointments or not. i had one person say yes and one person say no so far so im trying to get a few peoples input

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:52 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I've been to 2 sub Dr's and I've never had a test not that they told me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

imsure theres women on her ethat had to tell ther doctor they were pregnant or at least im hoping i just hope i get more feedback before my appointment so i dont waste my only cash on a letdown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've had two sub doctors since I started my treatment and i was never asked about being pregnant. My situation is a little unique though, in that my sub doctor is my primary care physician. Good luck to you and I hope you can get it all worked out. And congrats on the pregnancy.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I too am sorry you are having a hard time. I have never had a pregnancy test done by my sub Dr. I agree with most of your plan. You need to protect yourself and your baby so I too would go see a sub Dr to get on sub. Most people don't even know that they are pregnant at 5 weeks, so even if he found out you could say you didn't know and then explain why you need his help for the safety of both you and baby.

The part I don't agree with is to just see him to get enough until you can get more on the street. What happens when your connection runs out again? Stopping sub cold turkey (especially in the 1st trimester) can be dangerous for your baby and could even cause a miscarriage. I would keep going to the sub Dr and after around 2 months I would tell them you discovered you were pregnant. I can't imagine a dr stopping their treatment because you discovered being pregnant while already being treated. I think your running into the difficulty of finding a Dr because you are not legally on sub. Except for one post, I have never heard of a dr cutting their patient off because they became pregnant during treatment.

This is just what I would do in your shoes. I had all my children prior to becoming addicted and getting on sub. I feel so bad for the women that have to go thru a pregnancy while on sub. Pregnancy is supposed to be a joyous time and because of a lot of Drs bias, sub moms have to deal with a lot of stress and worry. I really hope this all works out with this Dr and you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I sadly found out today all females of hold bearing age are tested to be initially put on subs. It's protocol for all dupe doctors so I'm screwed not one doctor in my area will treat me due to being pregnant. This is almost to much to handle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have never been tested for pregnancy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't think they announce they do it it's just part of what they do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know for a fact I wasn't given a pregnancy test. I get a lab paper and take it to the lab and the only test marked is a drug screen. I looked at the paper really well before going. Maybe it's just where you live or you were given misinformation? I hope you get something figured out.

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

OK so I'm not a woman but here is my two cents:

IF (and it sounds like that is a BIG if) you somehow can avoid the pregnancy test, I would try to be prescribed the highest dose possible. Say you are prescribed 32 mg/day. You only take 2 mg/day. After one month you would have approximately 900 mg of sub left over. Do this for a couple months before you start showing and you will have enough to last your entire pregnancy, which could come in very handy if they stop treating you when they find out you are pregnant.

I think if we polled all the members here, most have a backup stash of sub by doing exactly what I just told you. I know I do. I do not feel guilty about it at all. What if sub is suddenly made illegal, or WW3 breaks out, or whatever.... that backup stash would be a lifesaver.

Good luck. Educate yourself. Dr. Junig has written articles and referenced studies about babies born to mothers on suboxone. It is not that bad. Wishing you and your baby the best of health and happiness.

Regards,
Jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:11 pm 
I was given a pregnancy test upon induction at the clinic, before I found a private doctor. I can't remember if he did a test, but he did a drug test so it is possible.

In case anyone wants to follow up on this, the place is called Broward County Detox.

954-533-6568

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was never tested. I am certain of this as I never gave a urine sample or blood sample either. In fact my first sub doctor didnt even have a doctors office. It was a room with a desk and a couple chairs. Maybe it was a sattelite office, but. No preg test or any other test for that matter. Maybe my case was unique & that first doc was a quack.