It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:31 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Why the hell is there are g*ddang ad on this site with a f**king girl holding a g*ddamn syringe??? WTF PEOPLE! Do you want us to f**king relapse so we can go click on your f**king ad?? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! talk about a g*ddange trigger for some people here!! *Not me, I won't touch needles, but STILL -- WEIRD*

*Does anyone else find this ODD????* U don't really have to reply... just letting you know... DON'T LOOK INTO THE GIRL'S EYES!!! THATS HOW SHE CONTROLS YOU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Highly recommend you install an ad blocker.

For chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/?src=search

Stick it up em. It's pretty darn poor taste on the part of admin to have these sites advertised - ie sites that sell methadone and pain pills. Kinda makes me question their priorities - people's health and recovery, or making $$$ ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The ads are lame but it looks like dr. Junig apologized Here and asked for time to figure out how to filter out the new bad ads. Hosting a website like this ain't cheap, I doubt much money is being made from those ads beyond hosting costs. But I agree, there are some shitty ads lately.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

invisiblemovement wrote:
Why the hell is there are g*ddang ad on this site with a f**king girl holding a g*ddamn syringe??? WTF PEOPLE! Do you want us to f**king relapse so we can go click on your f**king ad?e? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! talk about a g*ddange trigger for some people here!! *Not me, I won't touch needles, but STILL -- WEIRD*

*Does anyone else find this ODD????* U don't really have to reply... just letting you know... DON'T LOOK INTO THE GIRL'S EYES!!! THATS HOW SHE CONTROLS YOU!!!

I agree the adds have been weird but I just can't help myself. Ive always thought this was rude in a sense but most people don't even realize there saying this. You said "not me, I won't touch needles" it's like addicts who didn't main line it, think there above it/us as in using a needle. I had to say something because it can def offend people including myself when said in the wrong contex.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Bboy42287 wrote:
invisiblemovement wrote:
Why the hell is there are g*ddang ad on this site with a f**king girl holding a g*ddamn syringe??? WTF PEOPLE! Do you want us to f**king relapse so we can go click on your f**king ad?e? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! talk about a g*ddange trigger for some people here!! *Not me, I won't touch needles, but STILL -- WEIRD*

I agree the adds have been weird but I just can't help myself. Ive always thought this was rude in a sense but most people don't even realize there saying this. You said "not me, I won't touch needles" it's like addicts who didn't main line it, think there above it/us as in using a needle. I had to say something because it can def offend people including myself when said in the wrong contex.

I have to agree with both of you here. The adds really are stupid. I have clicked on some of the blue underlined words that show up in my post when I was very new to the site, and it would direct you to a link for buying pain pills or whatever online. I used to think WTF? Then I realized that these were adds, but at first I thought people might think I was trying to sell some of this shit or direct people to sites...LOL I'm not very computer literate about some things I guess. Yes, the adds are in poor taste on a recovery site.

Bboy's also right about the way you said "not me, I won't touch needles". I wouldn't either, but I don't think of myself being any lesser of an addict just because I ingested 20 pills a day verses someone who mainlined their DOC. I kind of used to in the beginning, I judged a lot when I'd hear of someone using needles and think "wow, I'd NEVER do that, I just take pills so I'm not that bad." Wrong, doesn't matter if you swallow a pill, snort em, shoot em up... we are all addicts and none of us were using any differently in the big sense of things... We did all sorts of things to get high. Lie, cheat, steal, break our families apart and cause ourselves hell. All the same now to me. I'm sure Invisiblemovement, you didn't mean to offend anyone on here, but I can def understand why that would offend those that have used a needle and are recovering from that.

But yeah, these adds are very stupid on a recovery site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Definitely get an ad blocker.

The ads are annoying, but they keep the forum free and help pay some of the hosting costs.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: Ad-Blocker
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:15 pm 

Thanks TJ for the link. I had no idea something like that existed.

Post subject: Re: Ad-Blocker
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:
Thanks TJ for the link. I had no idea something like that existed.

Me either... thanks from me too TJ!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sorry I didn't see this earlier but about what I said about needles I was not saying one is above/below the other at all. The only point I meant was that Hey, if seeing a needle bothers me, and I did not use needles so it should not be a trigger, I can imagine that for people that did use needles that it must be an even larger trigger. But I have no feelings towards needle usage that is bad. If I was not scared of needles I would have used them as there was always a supply in the house. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

invisiblemovement wrote:
Sorry I didn't see this earlier but about what I said about needles I was not saying one is above/below the other at all. The only point I meant was that Hey, if seeing a needle bothers me, and I did not use needles so it should not be a trigger, I can imagine that for people that did use needles that it must be an even larger trigger. But I have no feelings towards needle usage that is bad. If I was not scared of needles I would have used them as there was always a supply in the house. Sorry if I offended anyone.

No offense was taken I just wanted to point that out is all. But thanks for the reply to addressing the topic at hand.