It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So. I am glad this outlet is now available. Anyways. I am so freakin tired of all the people that are showing up in NA meetings and treatment centers that have a DOC of Suboxone! I mean. This drug shouldn't be out there on the streets as much as it is, and because it IS out there like this (and just getting worse due to irresponsible idiots getting RX's) it is quite possible that the rules will just keep getting stricter just like Methadone. I HATE THAT! Take your meds! There are real addicts that want this to become a socially acceptable medication for a socially acceptable disease one day, and because of scum bags like you, that day keeps getting further and further away! Next. These doctors in most clinics...dont have any idea what this drug really is and will hand it out to any turd on the street that has opiates in their blood/pee and says they are an addict! They were so suspicious and all over us when it came to getting pain meds, but Suboxone is going out to anyone that asks for it (it seems)! I don't know how to make this any different, but it still bugs me to no end! Doctors also (for the most part) "require" people to go to NA meetings. I personally think that without something like NA that you won't have any REAL change in your life/way of thinking. So if you just sit at home and take Suboxone/think you are cured...I have tried that...it doesnt work. It may for awhile, but you aren't changing anything about yourself other than the drugs! SO...now you have clinic rooms full of people that are totally full of CRAP! The doc asks...How were your meetings this month?...They were great!...Where did you go?...Oh. I went out of town and nobody in here has ever been there to these meetings, they are far away...Sounds great! Next!...and then that is IT! Next patient! SERIOUSLY!? It is like docs are just happy that nobody is using other drugs so lying is totally cool. I mean people have even said they skipped a step here and there! It is just a circus man. Lastly, docs tell people that say "Its hard to find a sponsor in NA because I am on Sub and nobody wants anything to do with me..." to go work steps with their therapist...cmon...what a dumb idea! What is a therapist going to know about the 12 steps?!! These people have NO idea what goes on in those rooms of NA!! I don't know man. It just sickens me how much these doctors either don't give a crap or the patients just want their fix and to gtfo of there no matter what they have to pull out of their ass to tell the doctor to get it! If people keep treating their RX like it is just another drug, then that is what the public is going to look at it as too! If you want recovery, and Suboxone is a good tool for you (meaning you won't sell it, take more than prescribed, snort/inject it, lie about everything to get it, and treat it like a DOC), then that is the best thing ever. But don't ruin it for the rest of it just because you are looking to get high/make some money. I am so over letting this stuff slide, but what can I do about it? Nothing. Thats why we ALL need to just treat it like a life saving medication for our life threatening disease! Then maybe the world will catch on and start to treat us like regular people and not stupid junkies! Think about it.

1. Doctors (for the most part) don't understand this med at all.
2. NA isn't going to accept your Suboxone Treatment (for the most part).
3. NA is still a very helpful tool if you allow it to be! AKA. Don't go in there thinking everyone hates you due to Sub!
4. You can't sit at home and just take Sub! You need to change your LIFE not just just the DRUGS you take!
5. The world won't accept you as "normal" until you do!
6. The public wont accept this med as a disease treating medication until we start treating it as such! NOT LIKE A RECREATIONAL MONEY MAKING PARTY DRUG!
7. If you abuse sub, stop pissing around and go get high....dont ruin it for everyone else!
8. Most addicts (so it seems) don't really give a shit about recovery when they take Sub! They just think they are cured and move along....you see there posts after 3 months and how sad, lonely, depressed, angry, messed up they are.

Sorry if I offended you, but that is what this section is for so suck it up and start LIVING like NORMAL PEOPLE!!

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THIS DISEASE, IT ISNT AN EXCUSE TO FOREVER BE A TURD! lol

p.s.
I am sorry, but I read a lot of posts from people that have always taken Sub illegally and everyone kind of supports them in that, but what happens when they get arrested and it adds another statistic to the "STRONG REGULATIONS ON SUBOXONE" campaign. lol. I just can't say that it is better than using. In that way, to me, it is just like using.

moviemaker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My thread wasn't quite as blunt as this one....but I was making the same pioint. I am happy to see that someone else feels like I do. This medication is saving my life. I understand that addicts are going to do dishonest things, and I do accept that now. So I am no longer angry about all of this. They will come around in their own time, just like I did. Or they wont.

But I do agree with most of what you said. Kudos to you for getting it out of your head and in black and white. I felt a lot better when I did. Got a little bit of crap from people who wanted to rip every word of my post apart and make it personal, but that's their issue, not mine. Mine was not geared towards anyone specific, and neither is this one. Have a great day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Vent away, my friend! Have you ever considered writing letters to the editors of your local papers? Or get a blog started about addiction and suboxone? Become a vocal activist....it's obvious you have the skills to do that. It's the kind of thing we all should be doing to help get the public aware of the real truths about suboxone.

Just my two cents.

PS - if it wasn't clear, I agree with you. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: About Time
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:29 pm 

Hey Moviemaker,

Everything you said was spot on. Most of what you stated has been said before but just not all in one post. I think most of us feel the exact same way about the a##holes letting it out on the street illegally. You really can't blame all the doctors because most of them just don't understand the drug. There isn't enough information about it and they get most of their info from the sales rep, which of course is biased. And the others are just plain idiots who give it out w/o verification.

I hope this topic keeps going and we get a lot of opinions. And yes, you probably did hurt some feelings, mine included. What hit me was my laziness of not going to meetings and growing. I do just take my Sub and get most of my recovery from this site, which really isn't a bad thing as my doctor approves of it.

Great stuff dude!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's really important to keep an open mind about this.

Because of DEA regulation in the US Suboxone isn't accessible to loads of people who want it. There just ain't enough doctors. Many people are buying Sub off the streets not to get high (it isn't exactly a good drug to do that anyway), but so they can stop themselves from getting sick so they can work and function in society.

Here's the podcast.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/07/31/157665908/episode-391-the-anti-addiction-pill-thats-big-business-for-drug-dealers

I also think it's a bit selfish for people to say "these people are messing up MY treatment" "these people are making ME look bad". What about all the poor motherfuckers we made look bad when we were abusing pain pills, lil old ladies who needed hydro after their hip-replacement surgery, who got suspicious looks from the pharmacist cos of all the people like us who were using these drugs for the wrong reasons?

It's like now we're in recovery, we can finally have a chance to judge other people like we were judged by judgemental motherfuckers when we were SICK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with all your points but it's almost like karma is coming back to bite us in the ass! We were doing the ads act same thing with our DOC. Think of all the people who have cancer or other serious illnesses that require serious pain meds but couldn't get anything but hydro condone because of what we made OxyContin look like/turned into. So I agree with you 100% but at the same time I can't say I'm surprised this happening. The fact it's suboxone really sucks because this medication can truly help people and it's only going to get worst and harder to get. But we are not above it just like TJ said now that we are working a program getting cleaning doesn't mean we can't start judging people like we weren't once in the same spot, we just had a more socially accepted DOC in the drug world.

If anything we should understand this better than anyone!