It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been taking the sub-lingual strips for the past 10 months or so, I do have the occasional "canker sores" under my tongue - but I can get over those. I am just concerned about the veins under my tongue. I looked in the mirror this past month and noticed they are not as visible as they were before I started taking Suboxone. I dont know if this is in my head or not but I do feel as though I am having to take more throughout the day to hold back the anxious feelings. Does anybody know if this can affect the veins like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The veins under your tongue dont really effect the med absorption much, you could have no veins under your tongue and the meds would still absorb the same. The feeling of having to take more has nothing to do with those veins cause they dont matter much.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ah, okay. I read a few posts on here as well as posts/replies on other sites and they say over and over that the medicine is CLEARLY absorbed through the veins.

And I somewhat understand that. This wiki search says the same. search: Sublingual_administration

Im really not sure. On Medicine . net all it gives is this: Sublingual: Underneath the tongue. For example, a sublingual medication is a type of lozenge that is dissolved under the tongue. (I need to know WHERE the medicine is absorbed, ya know?)

Thanks(:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum Staar.

Click this link to read Dr. J explaining absorption:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/?p=1179

You will find that the underside of the tongue is not the only place where the med will dissolve. It will get absorbed on any of the mucous membranes inside of the mouth. The maximum absorption method that Dr. Junig describes entails chewing the tablet in the front teeth and spreading the paste from the tablet all over the inside of the mouth. He says this is the quickest and best way to get max absorption. You can't chew the films, but it's the same idea.

Here is another link regarding this subject, if you haven't read it already:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=496