It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

with sub induction scheduled for a week from now - what should I do with a small (3mg valium) dose. It could be stopped now because of the long half-life of valium, or 24 hours before induction. It seems logical to stop a week earlier, but all things should be tapered and this would be abrupt. Any thoughts on valium? thanks, S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You don't need to stop it at all in order to have a successful induction. Just make sure your doctor knows you're on it. Benzos and sub can be dangerous due to respiratory depression, but it will not interfere or affect your sub induction. Hope this helps.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:51 pm 
Yeah like hatmaker said if you tell your doc and he is ok with it it wont interfere with anything, my sub doc prescribed me .5-1mg ativan as needed along with subs for my anxiety. Although make sure you do tell the doc because ive heard some sub docs dont want anything to do with prescribing sub along with a benzo. Since you are on such a low low dose of valium I dont think the doc would mind tho, are you tapering and thats the reason you are on that low of a dose? Jw cuz I dont know how that could even provide anxiety relief.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well in my case, if I do take any valium or any other benzos with subs it helps me with angsiety,and hellps me feel more calm that day,but next day I do not feel suboxsone work as it is suposed to. I feel less sub efect. It is my expiriance, I dont speak for others. So take them only if I have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's odd, skywalker, I've never heard of that. Must be a unique reaction to you. Normally, mixing benzos and sub would - at worst with a high dose - increase the sedative and respiratory depression effects of both the meds. Unless that is you get a burst of energy from subs like some seem to experience, then I could see why taking a benzo would counteract that. But I could be way off.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yea burst of energy that is wath i'm talking about, even after a year and more being on sub, i do feel that burst of energy, i almost need that un the morning,so after valium i guess it takes that away. Thanks for helping me explain that. Hatmaker.