It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

okay so how long must i stabilize here at 2mg before doing the 1mg one day, 2mg the next taper? i started at 16mgs, then tapered down to 8mg pretty quickly, like over 2 1/2 weeks. i just dropped it. stayed at 8 mg for a month, then went down to 4mg-fine there, however the first few days i felt like i had a cold. now, going from 4mg to 2mg, i did the every other day thing, and i gotta say it really hasnt been too bad. i keep up my yoga (preferably ashtanga or bikram-HOT!) and that helps like, a LOT.
now, i am scared to go down from 2mg... i wanna hear from peeps who did the 1mg one day, 2mg the next - for a week, stayed at 1mg for a month, then did the same with .5 and 1...and then at .5 id probably just skip a few days and so forth but stop at .5 mg.

i have the films, so i just cut them up. i cant see myself with a pair of scissors trying to cut these things into like microscopic pieces.

any feedback is appreciated!
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thats a hell of a thread title. Anyways a lot of people have rigid schedules the stick to when scaling down their dosage. That isn't the way I went about it. If time is not an issue then you always have the option to stay on your current dosage until it eventually feels like a large dosage, then cut it down again. Almost letting your body tell you when to reduce your dosage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I let my body tell me when to go down.... I jumped at .25, I dropped my doses when I felt ok on the dose I was at.......at first I had a timeframe but decided it was better to let my body tell me, I actually jumped faster then I thought I would.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jenzo - Aren't you the one who thinks you might be pregnant? I commented on your other thread. I talked about how it's not recommended that pregnant women stop taking their suboxone during pregnancy. It's MUCH safer, with regard to miscarriage, to stay on your sub treatment for the duration of the pregnancy. Please read Dr. Junig's TalkZone blog posts about pregnancy. They are extremely informative and they discuss how safe sub is and even about NAS. Good luck to you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

J--
Hi. Two weeks ago I jumped at 8mgs. Days 5-10 were the hardest. But I was mentally committed to the ordeal. I was mad. I had run out of pills. And I was tired of chasing my tail. My advice: When you are mentally ready and committed to the process you can do it. At least that is what worked for me. Check my other post and you'll see the blow by blow. Good luck!

PS--I still have sleep issues but it is getting better. Otherwise I feel pretty normal. Drained. But better each day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello, I have been on sub for 2 1/2 months and haven't tapered yet. I am a mom of 4 and completely understand you wanting off sub for your pregnancy. I would feel the same way, I just couldn't stand it if one of my babies was born in withdrawls. I have 9 month old twin girls who were born a month early and had breathing problems landing them in the nicu for 10th days. It is horrible to not have your babies with you and watch them being Stuck with needles over and over. Newborns veins are so tiny they have to move the iv almost daily. However I do understand why a woman would also stay on sub for fear of losing their baby. Most of the births I have read about here were perfectly healthy babies and had no withdrawls. Like you I just couldn't take that chance. Most of the risk comes in the 1st trimester so why not wait until the 2nd before tapering more. Remember everything you are feeling so is your baby so take it really slow. Instead of going from 2 to 1 maybe you should go to 1.5. You have plenty of time as long as your off about a month before the baby is born it will be out of it's system. Anyway that is just what I would do if I was in your shoes. I wish you and your baby health and happiness!