It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:03 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I usually see my doctor once a month and it's almost 2 hrs there and back. My pharmacy is also put of town. This time I received part 1 of 2, a 2 weeks supply. They asked for me to come back in 2 weeks but my boyfriend has his appt next week so they will have part 2 ready for pick up. I'm worried that my pharmacy will be unable to fill it for another week and I really can't afford the time, gas, wear and tear, or time off work to make 3 4 hour trips in 3 weeks. Should I just plan on my pharm to mail me part 2? Or will they be able to fill it since I typically get a months supply at a time? It did say part 1 of 2 on my prescription.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:32 pm 

You were prescribed a certain amount. I would guess that the pharmacy didn't have that much in stock and therefore could only give you two weeks worth. Once they have the rest of your prescription you should be able to pick it up. You shouldn't have to wait until two weeks have gone by. If you are new to using this pharmacy it may be a smart idea to let them know that you will need X amount every 4 weeks, so could they please have it in stock for you. You can give them permission to verify that with your doctor's office. If your boyfriend is picking up at the same pharmacy you might want to have him tell the pharmacy the same thing. Otherwise it might be tough to fill both of your prescriptions in a week when you go. Does that make sense?

Amy