It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Using while on suboxone
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone
I hope this is not a trigger for anyone and if so I apologize.

I've been using h for the past 3 nights and each morning I had continued to take my suboxone. So I used 1/2 gram on Friday then woke up Saturday and took my suboxone. Later Saturday night I used 3/4 of a gram. The last time I uses was around 3am today.

My question is when should I take my sub? I've been on sub's for year and 2 months. I don't feel sick. Can someone please let me know? This is definitely the last time I will ever pick up again. I can thank suboxone for that and my loving boyfriend. I just don't want to take a sub too early and go into precip withdrawal. Do you think I I will if I them around. Noon time.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Looking back to the periods when I was juggling Suboxone and heroin, I found I could use in the morning or noon, then take my Suboxone that evening before bed and have no ill effects.

I wouldn't recommend using. Even if you stop taking heroin and start taking Suboxone as prescribed, I guarantee you will still experience some withdrawal from the heroin. It's really not worth it.

That being said, a lot of people who go on Suboxone continue to use, ableit use less than before. Most studies of Suboxone show that a big reduction in use is more common than a stopping use altogether once a person goes on Sub.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I will admit when I very first started on suboxone therapy in outpatient rehab I had several relapses early on. Honestly, none of the times were worth it and the guilt and stress of using brought on serious panic attacks. I didn't even really get high as you would need a hefty amount of heroin to throw the bupe off the receptors. Bupe is STRONG. I wasted my money the few times I attempted to get high from H while on bupe. It was super stupid and totally pointless. Anyway, I would always wait at least until I started feeling slightly uncomfortable or better yet, until I couldn't stand it anymore. I would wait at least a good 12 hours, preferably 24-48. Once you start going into WD and are getting uncomfortable, you should be good to take it. Precipitated WD is apparently horrible and luckily, I have never experienced it.