It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just put 1mg of an 8mg of strip under my tongue, TINY piece. It was very hard to get it that small. I couldnt tell it was in there until all the sudden I tasted it a tiny bit when some creeped up the side of my tongue. How anal do I have to be about keeping it under my tongue? Becuase I don't know if there is very much under my tongue versus just floating around my mouth in spit. I am trying to not swallow the spit because im scared that is where the dose is. The video they have shows them putting it pretty far back under the tongue, which makes it so you can really press against it with your tongue, is this how you all do it?

Post subject: absorbtion
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dr. J has a blog (post) on maximizing the sublingual dose by "painting" the inside of the mouth with the tongue, since it is not just under the tongue where sub lingual medications can be taken in. I have found, in addition that one can gently massage the outside of face -- around mouth-- to push in a bit against gums, which seems to increase absorbtion -- more quickly if not more altogether. Pushing around inside mouth with the tongue works best - the longer the better.
I am talking about a pill here, not so sure about film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Normal sublingual things, for instance you can I smush everything all against the surfaces under the tongue with my tongue. I might just try this method. I think I just wasted that 1mg and probably just drank it from it being washed away with spit.

http://www.suboxone.com/patients/about_ ... _film.aspx

That is what I was referring to. Didn't know if thats how you all do it or not.

**edit** Found this post by hatemaker 510

"And like you said, the films dissolve so quickly, in a matter of a couple of moments, that there's really no need to do the paste and paint thing like with the tablets - besides, it wouldn't really work with the film. "

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In case you haven't seen this article yet, here is the link:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/?p=1179

The sub can also be dissolved and absorbed on any of the mucous membranes inside or your mouth, not just under your tongue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Taurus wrote:
In case you haven't seen this article yet, here is the link:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/?p=1179

The sub can also be dissolved and absorbed on any of the mucous membranes inside or your mouth, not just under your tongue.

I had not seen that. I gave it a quick read, right now I have energy so trying to use it to do some work that I have to do. But this talks about painting. Which doesn't work with the strips, especially itty bitty pieces. I wasted 1mg from an 8mg strip because the pieces were too small to have any adhesion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

i believe i read how you can put on the top gum also. i did try this and i took forever for my strip to melt. i just thought with such a small piece you could try and stick it up between lip and gum and maybe that would help. also, of course, nothing to drink afterwards for awhile (10-20min.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The films should dissolve very quickly and it can be placed anywhere in the mouth, such as between the cheek and the gum. Just find the way it works best for you. With those little pieces, you're getting more than you think. I know it's confusing. You should check out the post - it's a long, multi-page one, called "HOW DO YOU TAKE YOUR SUBOXONE?".

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=50803#50803

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I do small film pieces between just below my front teeth and my front lip. The "chewing tobacco" method :) best way for films IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I might make my way through that thread as the day goes on. Everyone knows the reason they say put the strip under your tongue like that is because that is the best place for absorption in your mouth? But a quick glance at that thread and im seeing things like the drier your mouth the better. This leads me to believe that using very tiny pieces is a bad idea. I starting to think maybe making a home-made extra hard gummy bear type thing may be the only way to effectively divide the strips into small portions like 1/16th their original size. Then you could just roll the gummy around under your tongue and it should melt. Gosh I wish I had more than a very tiny amount of sub and I would experiment with this. Heck if I get up the energy I might go to the store and buy the supplies to try this. The main thing would be getting the "unflavored" gelatin to stiffen it up.

Last edited by sooverthis on Tue May 15, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Since you are taking so little why not ask your dr to prescribe the 2mg strips so you only have to cut them in half? It'll be easier to manage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's what I was thinking MrMatt :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Great idea. Thats what ill do. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Incase anyone sees this in the future and needs to know

I was able to get 1/8th of a strip to stay in my mouth. The key is; breath in through your mouth with your tongue slightly lifted up and then out through your nose. This will keep it dry enough in your mouth to stay put. But at least in mouth out nose.

*edit* I am assuming this would work to 1/6th. Pretty inconvenient but if you have the 2mg strips you could get your dose down to 0.125 *edit*