It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

alright here it goes.....

hi im new here and think this site is pretty cool. anyway i just want some ppls opinions on what i should do. first off ive only been takin opiates for about 6-8 months. the last 2 months i was using around 80mg oxy pretty much everyday. a few days i would take off and feel like crap. I REALLY REALLY am going to stop this habit right now. im already sick of having to have to do a pill to make me feel normal. anyway my question is, is it smart to do a lil sub taper or is it just going to stop the w/d now and make me have to to suffer when i stop using the subs?
3 days ago when i was going thru the oxy w/d's i took 2mg of a sub and felt a lil better so i took another 2 mg and felt good. i took another 4mg the next day and felt good also. today (the 3rd day without an oxy in me) i havent took any subs and feel really good. i know the subs have a long half life (i think around 30 hours?) but im not sure what would be my best option?
should i stop using the subs altogther bc it will just make the oxy w/d's longer? (if thats even true, someone pls enlighten me).
should i take half of what i did yesterday when i feel any w/d effects (2mg) and do a little taper program going?
basically what should i do? BTW, the first w/d from the oxy were pretty bad and theres no way i can goto work with those kinda w/d's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You should probably talk to your suboxone doctor and explore your options for treatment. Whichever you decide, to cold-turkey off OC, do a short taper or longer-term sub treatment, none of these things is going to keep you off the opiates. You need a recovery program for that.

-Jack Kornfield