It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, my name is Denice. I was on Suboxone about a year ago. I was out of control on Vicodin and Norco for around ten years. The Suboxone was the greatest thing that happened to me. It helped with the withdrawals and also completely took the craving away to take a pain pill. Well, now I have a shoulder injury and was put on Norco. The Norco stopped working, but my mind still wanted it and all the time. So, I went back to get put back on Suboxone before I ended up at the point I was before. Right now I'm just having some frustrating issues because my insurance changed and won't cover the Suboxone. So I have switched my medicare plan to one that will cover it. I'm just worrying of how to get by til the insurance will pay for it. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome! Sorry I am just responding, I must have missed your post. The only thing I can think to tell you is that you can pick up partial scripts. I have done it myself when I am low on cash. I have read posts from people that are only able to pick up a few pills at a time. This doesn't make it any cheaper but at least you wouldn't have to come up with all the money at once and will also give you time for your new insurance.

I hope everything works out for you!

Post subject: Need more info
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Denice sorry I missed your post. Sometimes we get a technical issues and a post will be left alone in the cyber
world unanswered, but I am sure there will be soon some of our regulars around soon. Hang on.

I am sorry about the insurance hardship. I know that can be frustrating. I hope your switch will work in your favor. I think a bit more information is needed so maybe we can answer your question. I am assuming what you are asking what can you do to help the process of it all until your insurance goes thru. Well you could try weaning yourself down in the amount you are now taking etc...But I think a more realistic approach would be to get on the phone and try to expedite your insurance good luck and some of this forum's finest will be right behind me that can assist you more on the issues.

See I knew Breezy would have an answer.