It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok guys I'm down to 2 mg a day tried going cold turkey. To hard I caved so I've done the naltrexone prior due to stupid dr advice. Took 25 mg naltrexone after 24 hours after my last dose of sub about 8 mg a day. So this being said it was extremely horrible but after about 24 hours felt sick as hell but didn't feel much like a withdrawal more like the flu. This was 3 years ago obviously stayed on sub till now because my dr. quit on me. I'm on 2 mg now. Now that I know what to expect going to take 25 mg naltrexone tomorrow night to force this on and speed this up. I have no want or need to get high anymore do not get high on subs haven't for years. Got 15 days left b4 going back to work so gotta do this. The point of this is I want advice from people who've done this and what they felt like 2 to 3 days after the naltrexone wore off with out using sub or opiates. Because last time I freaked out went back to dr b4 naltrexone was completely gone and didn't take sub until it was but I felt a hell of a lot better b4 I took sub again when naltrexone was out my system. Only took sub because it was there I no longer have that issue because there going to be gone. Let me know everyone who has done this and went clean for at least 2 days after the naltrexone was gone. Thanks for your time

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:42 am 

Hi, I just wanted to say welcome! I am sorry but I have no experience in the area of stopping suboxone. I am sure someone will respond, who has experience on this topic, soon. In the meantime, welcome and I wish you much success on your journey to get off suboxone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wait, wait, wait, let me get this straight... you're going to throw yourself into precipitated withdraw? ON PURPOSE? What's next, sticking needles in your eye? You have to understand, most of us are deathly afraid of any withdraw and would avoid at all cost going from zero to 30 on the COWS scale in a matter of minutes. This is like torture. Do you understand that? I don't get it but I don't get cutting and the like either. I'd be shocked if you find anyone else to say they have done it, it's a good idea nd they'd do it again. Then again, perhaps I need to be prepared to be shocked. I just don't think this is a good idea at all. Moreover, what then? GETTING "clean" of opiates is not the real goal - STAYING clean is. Do you have a plan for that? My suggestion would be to have a very solid plan in place for continuing your sobriety after you are off of Sub. Once you have that in place and are ready to go, I'd do a long, slow taper to softly step off of Sub. If you then want to try Neltrexone, that perhaps could be a part of your continued sobriety. That's what I'd suggest but, like I said, perhaps others will disagree.