It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Urine Testing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:00 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

How accurate are urine tests for showing the level or concentration of suboxone in your system? I have the opposite problem that many other people have. I recently was moved to 6mg but over the weekend i averaged about 8mg a day. Will the doctor be able to see that i have higher levels of suboxone in my system? Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Does your doctor for sure do the tests that check the sub levels in your system? If so, I just can't imagine that it would be so specific as to tell the difference between 6 mg most days and 8 mg a couple of days. I have nothing to back that up, but it just doesn't seem like they'd be able to tell from such a small difference only over a small period of time.

Let us know how it turns out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Last edited by hatmaker510 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

When is your test scheduled?

I was wondering the same thing...wondering how accurate it could possibly be. Maybe it's just a scare tactic to keep us in line? Possibly they are just looking for big differences in concentration like what would show up if you were selling several strips per month. I know my doc said that he would be testing the amounts in my urine sample as well, but then he said,"because if it is not in your urine then it means it is in someone else's." The way I see it, and obviously this is just an uninformed guess, depending on how soon your test is the same amount that you were supposed to have is in there, just spread out over a longer period. (I don't know if that makes sense or not???????)

Anyway, let us know what happens....I am just curious about it. I have never been through any kind of regular drug testing before so this is all new to me. I didn't even understand why that nurse put the blue stuff in the toilet....had never seen that done before. She didn't seem inclined to give me any details when I asked, just told me it was blue out for the water. I wasn't asking because I wanted to mess with the test results in any way, I just like to understand what is being done.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

testing is accurate to the nanogram. they don't test for the substance (bupe itself) but rather the substance that it metabolizes into (norbupe or something else I believe that can only be in your urine if subs were there in the first place.) These tests are extremely accurate.

why would it matter anyways if you say you were moved? I assume it's the same doctor who moved you. Remember, if you have something to hide, then you're probably doing something wrong and not partaking in the 'rigorous honesty' that this program demands.

good luck, and may God be with you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am 
New Poster
New Poster

qhorsegal wrote:
When is your test scheduled?

I was wondering the same thing...wondering how accurate it could possibly be. Maybe it's just a scare tactic to keep us in line? Possibly they are just looking for big differences in concentration like what would show up if you were selling several strips per month. I know my doc said that he would be testing the amounts in my urine sample as well, but then he said,"because if it is not in your urine then it means it is in someone else's." The way I see it, and obviously this is just an uninformed guess, depending on how soon your test is the same amount that you were supposed to have is in there, just spread out over a longer period. (I don't know if that makes sense or not???????)

Anyway, let us know what happens....I am just curious about it. I have never been through any kind of regular drug testing before so this is all new to me. I didn't even understand why that nurse put the blue stuff in the toilet....had never seen that done before. She didn't seem inclined to give me any details when I asked, just told me it was blue out for the water. I wasn't asking because I wanted to mess with the test results in any way, I just like to understand what is being done.

They put the blue water in the toilet so you cannot dilute your urine with the toilet water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh, okay....that makes sense. Thanks for the answer...it was bugging the crap out of me. I thought about it again at my last appt. LOL.

Post subject: Urine test
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My doctor asked for a urine test yesterday Ive been going for 4 years I remember when they told me i had to prove i was getting counseling 2 years ago that lasted a month But this was was a little disquieting for me because Ive never been randomly drug tested. I asked why on the way out pulled a Colombo ... Oh by the way Whats with the urine test ?" He said new requirement to see if we are taking or selling it . Not sure if Insurance is doing it or law enforcement ...anyone know ? Probably insurance. I saw on a lot of boards people were worried they were looking for other drugs but i didnt think so. Me i just had open heart surgery and ive cut back a full 8 mgs since recovery the last 6-8 weeks or so If they dont like it tough luck . I was also able to use it as a pain killer when i got home for a few days by increasing the dosage for about a week. Im building up a cache in my safe in the event he doesn't show up one day. My doctor is is like 90 Im surprised he is even there half the time and there is no one around me that would even cover me 4 years ago so I have to drive 40 min to get to him and pay out of pocket for the visit but insurance pays for script. So im stuck with him He calls me his model patient. But now my job is in jeopardy If i dont work i wont have insurance i wont have money or pills im not going thru WD EVER I tried to get off a few times the PAWS kicked my butt and i just realized like insulin to a diabetic i need it. And I wont do an opiate...... period except this one
The problem is the OXI the new formula the people cant crush or abuse so they have to buy heroin or I guess Sub ox to hold them over . Ive been taking for 4 years I know one other person on it who if i ran out he was my back up and vise a versa I have a hard time believing there is an active black market on the street for these things but maybe im wrong what have you guys heard ? this is my first post look forward to sharing my experiences over last 4 years and just how DANGEROUS this drug really is . Notice i said i keep in my SAFE as in a real safe I dont want anyone getting there hands on it and becoming addicted .I had an ex friend/neighbor who was clipping me without me knowing it for about 3 months and then he just started showing up strung out every few days with his hand out. I gave him a 21 day taper schedule and told him after that he was on his own and we ended up parting ways with him going to a rehab for crack and subs I think I felt terrible but i didnt steal them he did. No more

Post subject: Chewenger
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:00 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I re read your post You've got to be kidding They are questioning whether you had 6 or 8 mgs in your system ? I would think they would have more important things to do... thats is a joke .I wonder if my metabolism is different then yours ? I also take xanex and i read somewhere that that can really throw off numbers with sub count as well but ill have to check that out.( or the 6 other meds i take daily ) These ins companies seem to be very inconsistent .2 years ago they wanted to cut my xanex dose when i needed it ( divorce) now they doubled it ( 2 deaths in the family ) no problem. i have a legit rx Is it against the law if i dont take them all anymore and save some fro a rainy day or maybe god forbid skip a Dr's. appointment just one month.... the 75.00 visit the 2 hour wait in the waiting room the 45 min drive just to get there and then the 100 plus dollars at the pharmacy . Its over 200 every freaking month plus my 100 week insurance payment I know a lot of people have it worse But Govt and Big insurance get off our backs. Had 2 exact procedures done within 2 months one with ins one with out . one was 1200.00 one was 4200.00 exact same thing and there worried about you being off 2 mgs ? AI VAI Seems like i pay the same weather i get 30 or a 50 pills anyway . I dont know about you but money is TIGHT Maybe OBama will just give it to us for free lol I have stacks of unfilled rxs for other drugs Sometimes i dont take all them either Am i a criminal ? Chewie how dare you be off 2 mgs !!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:08 pm 

I just wanted to pop in and say WELCOME to Subuser 846! I'm relatively new myself, but I receive so much helpful info here that I'm always glad when someone new gets the same benefit.

I don't have any advice for the OP, but I would like to read a follow-up. Chewenger, did your doctor end up testing you, and did he find anything amiss?

Amy