It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have been taking about 8 mg of Suboxone every day since late October, 2011.
Before that, I used brown for a year and a half, very potent stuff, almost every day.

So, I have been *clean* (just doing Subs) for 2.5 months.

Yet, last month's drug test and this month's drug test have both tested positive for Opiates. Now it is being sent to the lab, since I swear I have only been doing Subs. The doctor said that their new tests have been acting up. But since it has happened two months in a row, he is suspicious.

So, what is everyone's opinion? Is it possible the brown stayed in my urine that long? Or do you think there is just a problem with the test?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think it's most likely a problem with the test. Hopefully the more detailed analysis will clear you, or maybe you can get a blood test?

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was using China maybe 72 hours before a drug test, and I came back clear every time (with some flushing). That was many years ago of course. So 100% certainty it's not the heroin.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow, that's a relief. If something bad happens I'll post but otherwise, yeah seems unlikely it's anything anyone should be concerned about with their own tests. The Dr. said that many people have been testing positive for opiates. Watch, it's the people taking Suboxone and they found out how to test it as an opiate in the same category as other opiates and the people who did not fail the test were the ones that actually weren't taking the subs ha... Well probably not I doubt the Dr. would be that confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I never was a herion user, but I opiates do not last very long. Things like Poppy Pods and Methadone can sit in your system for 5 to 7 days but that its the longest (that I know off)

Post subject: Positive
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Are you eating poppy seed bagels or cake? I know that sounds funny but I used to eat this Everything Bagel at Dunkin Donuts when I first started Methadone but I showed up positive twice and I swear I was not using well they sent both to the lab and it cleared me well anyway a friend had brought the bagels to my attention. I stopped eating the bagels no more bad UA's then I got this recipe for this lemon poppyseed bundt cake I made several times and boom I flunked another test the lab cleared me again so no problem. Made the cake for people at christmas and I flunked again lab cleared me but I had to think it was for sure the poppy seeds thats all we can figure we have called and talked to the lab and the lab said their test do not show anything on any of my test but something about the test they were using at the clinic would show false positives when I ate poppyseeds.

Post subject: Re: Positive
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:04 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

finallyachance wrote:
Are you eating poppy seed bagels or cake? I know that sounds funny but I used to eat this Everything Bagel at Dunkin Donuts when I first started Methadone but I showed up positive twice and I swear I was not using well they sent both to the lab and it cleared me well anyway a friend had brought the bagels to my attention. I stopped eating the bagels no more bad UA's then I got this recipe for this lemon poppyseed bundt cake I made several times and boom I flunked another test the lab cleared me again so no problem. Made the cake for people at christmas and I flunked again lab cleared me but I had to think it was for sure the poppy seeds thats all we can figure we have called and talked to the lab and the lab said their test do not show anything on any of my test but something about the test they were using at the clinic would show false positives when I ate poppyseeds.

lol.. well actually my mom did buy bagels with seeds! although, they are sesame seeds.

Post subject: Was Positive at Lab
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yup. They found it after sending it the lab.. Over two months clean. Heroin, morphine, and then that hydrocodone or something (the one that is Percocet). Although, I have only used the first one. So, I guess the other two must have been in the cut. I used almost every day for 1.5 years. I am female, 21 years old, 115 pounds. Maybe guys and heavier people have more diluted urine - just extra info if You are encountering a test soon.

So just a lesson to everyone... if you use for that long, it may take up to 3 months to have clean urine.

(Doc said many more patients have dropped dirty since the new tests. I am guessing that my positive result was because of better technology these days)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Its def da test u could b using pure china white it wouldnt stay in you system this long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yeah it was tar mixed with some junk, definitely not clean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

doubts it if you were using H..

i was able to pass UA's after 72 hrs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Regarding the the post about coming up "positive" for opiates after eating poppy seeds:
Yes- this definitely happened to me one time during my sub treatment. I actually had come
up positive for morphine, after eating a few lemon poppy seed muffins that I had baked from
a store-bought mix. But I don't think that my sub doc had sent it on to the lab, for some
reason. Luckily, I did not get kicked out!