It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Urine sub levels
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

So real quick, I have been clean since 2/24/14, I've been on suboxone prescribed by my MD. I am not using and haven't in 20 months, I received a phone call from my Drs office today stating that I need to come in asap for non-compliance. Like I said earlier I haven't used, but he is decreasing me. Some days I make it through the decrease, some days I don't. I go to his office 4 -5 times a month for random drug screens for my RN license. Can the urine screens they do (they are sent out to a lab) tell how much sub is in my system? That's the only thing I can think of In regards to noncompliance

Post subject: Re: Urine sub levels
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It depends on the test. The 'point of care' dip tests only tell the presence or absence of a substance. But samples sent to off-site labs will quantify the amount of the substance, and give estimates of the range expected for a certain dose. I don't respect the attitudes of doctors who discharge patients over their lab values; they spend more time reading labs and writing discharge letters than trying to understand their patients. The companies that provide testing services have huge mark-ups, and some docs have even purchased 'turn-key' lab businesses in order to boost the income of their practices.

And of course, all tests have a certain error rate. I don't know what happened in your case, but I hope you are able to work things out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The way I see it, Suboxone may be helping a person who is still using just as much as it's helping an otherwise abstinent person. Suboxone keeps people alive regardless of whether or not they're using.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:36 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks suboxone t hey are sent to outside labs and I always get a copy and they do have the levels on it but most just say positive >5 with my level around 40 whatever that means. I feel that there are so many factors that could influence levels as to when one was last taken, etc., I guess we will find out Thursday after work!